The Pines of Goodrich

Reviews of The Pines of Goodrich

Assisted Living Reviews for The Pines of Goodrich

August 31, 2015

By Bev14

My father is in The Pines of Goodrich. We picked it because it's only a mile away from home. It's a new and beautiful facility, but I feel they cater more to people looking for a place because it is pretty. They don't give bad care, but for the $5000 a month that my mother pays for my dad to be there, I don't think he gets what we pay for. I looked at his teeth the other day -- especially on one side -- and they were dirty. They're supposed to take care of oral hygiene. When he was at the assisted living right across the parking lot, the girls took more pride in how they cared for their patients. Their rooms were always clean looking. Everything was picked up. That's not necessarily the case now. The rooms aren't dirty, but it's disheveled. They leave the lights on, and they leave the drawers open. When you pay that much, you expect everything to be topnotch, including the way that they care for the patient's housing. I want to see my dad in a place that's as clean and as well kept as my mom kept it. He's not getting bad care by any means, but sometimes he looks kind of frumpy. I'd look to see a little bit more one-on-one with the patients. He's got dementia, but he still interacts with you, and he can still talk. They do a few little things with them but nothing that I consider worthy of the money that my mom is paying to keep him there. Overall, I don't think that it's anything worth $5000. He got a little better care at the assisted living than he gets here. He was cleaner looking in terms of his clothing. Their housekeeping needs to be improved, and the one-on-one to patients might need to be improved a little bit. For that kind of money, it would be nice to see a little bit more care and regard for the patient that's in there.

July 03, 2014

By Kathleen28

My mom is living at The Pines. I liked the people, the layout of the facility, and the price. It was very homey, and it didn’t feel like a nursing home. It’s an assisted living. It’s very comfortable, too. She has the same bedroom setup she had in her house. I was able to bring her furniture over if I wanted, or use what they have. The food seems to be just fine. It’s a little more relaxed, too. When you get up, they’ll find you something to eat. They do arts and crafts and some things outside. They have a garden area, so they have lots to do.

Memory Care Reviews for The Pines of Goodrich

Costs for The Pines of Goodrich

Photos of The Pines of Goodrich

Services and Amenities of The Pines of Goodrich

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Private Bedrooms/Private Bathrooms

• State Licenses: AL250382983

About The Pines of Goodrich

The Pines of Goodrich Assisted Living is a classic neighborhood style Assisted Living and Memory Care community designed and staffed to accommodate seniors who require help with daily activities.

The licensed 20-bed community is designed and specially staffed to accommodate seniors who require help with the activities of daily living.

• Private suites
  • We encourage residents to bring their own furniture to make a home-like environment; however, we have furnished rooms available to meet the needs of each resident.
  • Each residential suite and bathroom is equipped with an emergency call bell that alerts staff when a resident needs assistance, so help is always available 24/7.
  • State-of-the-art security system
  • Media and TV areas
  • Each residential room is equipped with phone jacks and cable TV hookupsMedication Management
  • Housekeeping services are provided weekly to ensure that our residents’ rooms are clean and neat
  • Laundry Services
  • Trained professionals visit our community to provide services, alleviating long and tiresome trips to the doctor’s office.
  • The community has an on-site Barber/Beauty Salon for the hair care needs of all our residents, provided by a professional independent hair care specialist

Our goal is to create a safe, caring, and stimulating environment for our residents, offering their loved ones peace of mind.

Map of The Pines of Goodrich