Brookdale Grand Blanc

Reviews of Brookdale Grand Blanc

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Grand Blanc

October 29, 2020

By Reviewer#VT1009

My mom is in Brookdale Grand Blanc. It's a great operation, very professional, seems to be a very caring unit, and that got our attention. They met the standard that we were looking for. The staff is very caring, very professional, and very knowledgeable of the needs of the elderly. The food is prepared deliciously. I would love to eat there every evening. The facility is impeccable, very clean, very organized, and they make seasonal changes as far as flowers and decorations go. I am very pleased with the facility. There's quite a few activities. I am not sure which ones, but my mom seems to be very happy with the variety of activities there. The value for the money is very reasonable compared to others.

April 10, 2020

By Susan

We like Brookdale Grand Blanc very well, it's our second choice. It was set up in a town hall so it's very large. But every area had its own little town hall, own little dining area, own little community area so you won't get lost. That's the thing I like because my mother's memory is not very good and I was afraid that if she's one of 200 residents, she'd get lost in all of that. The lady who gave us the tour was fabulous, she was very good. She was keeping on top of things and if we needed something she'd answer our needs. I like the setup very much, it was very nice. It wasn't new but it was very clean and well-taken care of. We just walked in and the staff gave us the tour and she was very accommodating, she did a very good job.

January 07, 2019

By Karen

We toured Brookdale Grand Blanc. It was very impressive, the staff was very friendly, but the the office girl that was going to do our tour was busy, so the chef took us on tour and explained the facility to us. It was private rooms only, not apartment style, and so it would have been a big adjustment for my mother-in-law. Everything was all in one room, and they had a maintenance fee of like $2,500 upfront which was non-refundable, and that was quite a bit to come up with to move into the facility. They had a gentleman playing music when I was there, they have an indoor bird cage which is glassed in with birds in there, and each floor has a dining room, but there are several little dining rooms on those floor. It was not like they eat together in a big dining room, so it's almost secluded. They offer a diabetic meal, but that was for an additional cost.

November 30, 2017

By Laura

My mom has been in three communities and she said that Brookdale Grand Blanc has been the best by far, she really liked it there. They have good food and the staff is very caring. They always respond quickly when she has to use her emergency pendant. It's just an all-around good atmosphere. Her room is always kept clean, and they make her bed every morning. They have Bingo, puzzles, movie time, they have live entertainment, and music that comes in. She's been real pleased with all of it. They opened up trick-or-treating to the community, they gave all the residents candy, and let them sit outside the door to give candy to kids that pass through.

April 23, 2016

By Deborah123750550

My aunt is in Brookdale. The staff has been excellent when I am there. The room is excellent compared to what I have seen so far. It was very nice and comfortable. The food is very good. They have a lot of activities, like bingo and games.

December 30, 2015

By Robert118848250

From what I’ve seen in all of the other places, I like Brookdale Grand Blanc best. I like the way it’s run, the cleanliness, the staff, and everything about it. The room is very nice, and there’s plenty of room for my mother. They go on outings, and they have Bingo and entertainment that they bring in every week; just something every day.

September 15, 2015

By Laura74965950

My mother has been in Brookdale Grand Blanc since April and is doing well. It's a very nice community, and they are kind to my mom. She needs a lot of care, and they do pretty well taking care of her considering they're an assisted living, not a skilled nursing home. The rooms are very nice. They keep them very clean, and they're very good about getting her laundry done and getting it back to her. The food is fine. Yesterday, they grilled hamburgers and hotdogs outside for Labor Day. They had coleslaw and a nice dessert. She's fine with the food. I've eaten there too, and I'm also fine with it. It's very pretty, and I like that there's a front porch with beautiful white rocking chairs on it. The people go out there and enjoy the outdoors. It has a little aviary that my mother just loves. They have bingo, a puzzle room, people coming in to do church services, etc., and they're having an ice cream social this Thursday. They do a nice job with the recreation for the people who want to participate.

March 14, 2015

By Vicki34

Mom moved in, and she is happy where she is. Everything is very nice, and the staff is very accommodating and pleasant. She has a 1-bedroom with a bathroom, it’s large enough for her, and she likes it. She gets everything in there that she needs, and there are lots of lights. The food is not bad, but it’s not really good. They are exercising every morning, and there are quite a few groups that come in and entertain them. They have play groups, coloring, and sing-a-longs, and they do a lot of activities within the home. She has made quite a few friends, and she is happy there. She really likes the staff, the kitchen staff, and the chef.

October 18, 2014

By Beth26

We visited here. It was very good and close to the place where dad lives now so it was a good comfort level for him. He especially liked the nurse. I thought it was a fine visit.

November 27, 2013

By Bill26

I visited here a couple of weeks ago and the place is very nice. They serve a good meal and they are very hospitable. They showed us the rooms. Everything worked out fine except we aren’t ready for them yet.

August 21, 2013

By Dan18

It seemed adequate and nice. It was fairly new and clean. They had activities found in the other facilities. They had private rooms and no shared rooms, which was just not going to work for my wife.

July 31, 2013

By Marsha Young

very nice but not for us do not want to move my mother twice as she get worse.

April 09, 2013

By Pam6

I visited and I liked it. The staff is nice and the food is good. The rooms are very nice. I haven't tried the food but my mom loves it. I recommend this facility to my friends.

Questions about Brookdale Grand Blanc

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Grand Blanc. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our services our tailored to specifically meet each resident’s individual needs and can range from no personal assistance to full assistance with all activities of daily life. We specialize in high care residents and meeting their needs, but also have many completely independent residents as well. Our residents’ ages range from 57-101. Some are coming to us for a short stay as their next step from rehab to continue their strength building while getting the care they need and others come to us knowing this will be their last move and they can age in place with us. You can always find many residents bird watching by our aviary or sitting on our front porch plucking petunias. There is a lot to do here without having to leave!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We ensure that each resident’s time here is enhanced as much as possible. One way we capture how to do this is by our optimum life program. We offer programs to enrich, enlighten, and entertain our residents. We focus on the intellectual, social, purposeful, emotional, physical, and spiritual aspects of everyday life.

What places are near Brookdale Grand Blanc or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a country-like feel with our lush lawn and courtyard area but are just minutes from stores, restaurants, and parks in downtown Grand Blanc.

What transportation services does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to assisted living residents?

Monthly we take our bus out shopping and go enjoy seasonal trips as well!

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Grand Blanc exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our custom dining program ensures that you will always enjoy what you eat! All 3 meals and snacks are included and we cater to your wants and needs. We offer choices at each meal. Whether you follow a heart healthy, diabetic, or gluten free diet our chefs have a high level of training and will make sure what you are eating is the best it can possibly be!

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to assisted living residents?

Our “Better Together” program with Brookdale Home Health helps create a safe environment. Residents can have Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy on-site and our Nurse and care team ensure that everyone is working towards the same goals! Our “B-fit” daily exercise class in collaboration with our fall prevention program helps strengthen muscles and increase safety awareness while also sharpening your mind. Our living spaces are smaller on purpose…we make life here as safest and easiest as possible.

How does Brookdale Grand Blanc keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

There is a high level of communication with our families. We keep everyone informed by our monthly family call program, emails, and direct mailers. Our managers always follow up with issues via email and phone calls in a timely manner. We consider the residents’ families part of our family as well and treat them as such.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Grand Blanc during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a unique approach to the level of staffing we have. The number of Resident Care Associates is based on our residents’ needs. Basing our caregivers on our current acuity level ensures that we can give the best care for each resident.

If Brookdale Grand Blanc accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely love pets here at Brookdale Grand Blanc and consider them part of our family as well! We have sidewalks along our campus and a big yard. Many times you can find one of our dogs “Bella” playing ball with her Mom or another resident or staff member out in the yard! We are happy to help take care of your cat or dog should you need assistance in doing so.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff completes monthly training regarding caring for seniors.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Grand Blanc provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Grand Blanc Assisted Living sits right next door to Brookdale Grand Blanc Memory Care, a secure community that has the ability to keep residents who may wander safe and engaged while helping them to achieve daily moments of success.

Costs for Brookdale Grand Blanc

• Staff Patient Ratio: 15 To 2

• Licenses: Licensed
  • State Licenses: AH250236939

About Brookdale Grand Blanc

Brookdale Grand Blanc provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Various church services available throughout the month. Two nurses available during the day, and on call in the evening. Care staff present 24 hrs./day. Recreational therapist organizes life enrichment activities. Physicians visit the community. Ability to obtain labs and testing within the community. A family oriented community with many special events.

Map of Brookdale Grand Blanc