Brookdale Grand Blanc

Reviews of Brookdale Grand Blanc

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Grand Blanc

September 15, 2015

By Laura74965950

My mother has been in Brookdale Grand Blanc (Formerly Wynwood of Grand Blanc) since April and is doing well. It's a very nice community, and they are kind to my mom. She needs a lot of care, and they do pretty well taking care of her considering they're an assisted living, not a skilled nursing home. The rooms are very nice. They keep them very clean, and they're very good about getting her laundry done and getting it back to her. The food is fine. Yesterday, they grilled hamburgers and hotdogs outside for Labor Day. They had coleslaw and a nice dessert. She's fine with the food. I've eaten there too, and I'm also fine with it. It's very pretty, and I like that there's a front porch with beautiful white rocking chairs on it. The people go out there and enjoy the outdoors. It has a little aviary that my mother just loves. They have bingo, a puzzle room, people coming in to do church services, etc., and they're having an ice cream social this Thursday. They do a nice job with the recreation for the people who want to participate.

March 14, 2015

By Vicki34

Mom moved in to Wynwood of Grand Blanc, and she is happy where she is. Everything is very nice, and the staff is very accommodating and pleasant. She has a 1-bedroom with a bathroom, it’s large enough for her, and she likes it. She gets everything in there that she needs, and there are lots of lights. The food is not bad, but it’s not really good. They are exercising every morning, and there are quite a few groups that come in and entertain them. They have play groups, coloring, and sing-a-longs, and they do a lot of activities within the home. She has made quite a few friends, and she is happy there. She really likes the staff, the kitchen staff, and the chef.

October 18, 2014

By Beth26

We visited Wynwood. It was very good and close to the place where dad lives now so it was a good comfort level for him. He especially liked the nurse. I thought it was a fine visit.

August 26, 2014

I really liked the people that we talked to when we went to the Wynwood of Grand Blanc. They acted like they cared about my mom versus just how much we were going to have to pay. The food is okay, but they kind of tend to have the same things over and over. She is comfortable in her room there. They have a lot of activities, but she hasn't really participated much. I know they have cards, Bingo, concerts, and picnics. I think they need to improve on their bathroom times, especially how long it takes to get someone to help her go to the bathroom. We've talked to the nurse about it and she is working on it.

January 31, 2014

We have my mother in Wynwood of Grand Blanc. It was our choice because it's very close to where my parents' condo is and the facility is very nice. Also the director was just a sweetheart and really helped us out with a lot of things. The facility is very clean. They're competitively priced. The staff is very nice, very friendly and very helpful. Food is very good. For activities, Mother is not able to participate in a lot of their activities at this point but they do have many. They do have field trips and those kinds of things. Overall, it's just a nice place.

November 27, 2013

By Bill26

I visited Wynwood of Grand Blanc a couple of weeks ago and the place is very nice. They serve a good meal and they are very hospitable. They showed us the rooms. Everything worked out fine except we aren’t ready for them yet.

August 21, 2013

By Dan18

Wynwood of Grand Blanc seemed adequate and nice. It was fairly new and clean. They had activities found in the other facilities. They had private rooms and no shared rooms, which was just not going to work for my wife.

July 31, 2013

By Marsha Young

very nice but not for us do not want to move my mother twice as she get worse.

May 29, 2013

By Kimberly3

I like Wynwood of Grand Blanc but they were a bit pricy.

April 09, 2013

By Pam6

I visited and I liked it. The staff is nice and the food is good. The rooms are very nice. I haven't tried the food but my mom loves it. I recommend this facility to my friends.

March 21, 2013

By Marcia2

Wynwood is a real nice place, but the price was out of sight for my Mom. They have different sections, so if you're mobile, you're in one facility and if you're hospice type, you're in another. They're separated and are in different parts of the building. People who are handicapped and have to use walkers are in another part. The staff was awesome. The place is excellent.

June 11, 2012

By kshamrock20

I've had to visit Wynwood of Grand Blanc in the past because my family had a close friend who was staying there. I had never met this friend before, but we stopped once to say hello on our way up north. I didn't know this was an assisted living facility at the time until we got inside. It looked like an apartment complex and it didn't have that air about that said these people are sick or need help. It was simply a nice place and equally as comfortable on the inside. The interior was clean and our family friend seemed content to be staying at Wynwood. We didn't interact with any staff, but I had the feeling that the residents were well taken care of. I only visited for a little over an hour, but on the cursory glance that I had, I was impressed how relaxed the environment seemed. I can't give it a perfect rating because I didn't see any of the staff and how they worked, but just based on what I saw, I would recommend this home.

December 13, 2011

By Dale Norshberg

Wynwood of Grand Blanc is a place worth looking into if you have a loved one that needs decent assisted living. My great aunt became a member here in Sept of 2011 and she has yet to complain about it. They are kind, respectful, and knowledgeable people with a beautiful complex. They provide housing, care and services in a comfortable environment with great amenities. I trust them to care for her with lots of love. I feel like she's safe here at Wynwood of Grand Blanc. My great aunt really enjoys watching TV with her new friends and chat about the good old days. The other residents are nice and welcoming. It shouldn't be a problem making a friend or two. I visit my great aunt every weekend and I love seeing her happy here. This is the place she wants to spend her final days. I recommend checking Wynwood of Grand Blanc out, it's located on 5080 Baldwin Rd. in Holly.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Grand Blanc

Questions about Brookdale Grand Blanc

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Grand Blanc. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our services our tailored to specifically meet each resident’s individual needs and can range from no personal assistance to full assistance with all activities of daily life. We specialize in high care residents and meeting their needs, but also have many completely independent residents as well. Our residents’ ages range from 57-101. Some are coming to us for a short stay as their next step from rehab to continue their strength building while getting the care they need and others come to us knowing this will be their last move and they can age in place with us. You can always find many residents bird watching by our aviary or sitting on our front porch plucking petunias. There is a lot to do here without having to leave!

What programs or activities does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We ensure that each resident’s time here is enhanced as much as possible. One way we capture how to do this is by our optimum life program. We offer programs to enrich, enlighten, and entertain our residents. We focus on the intellectual, social, purposeful, emotional, physical, and spiritual aspects of everyday life.

What places are near Brookdale Grand Blanc or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We have a country-like feel with our lush lawn and courtyard area but are just minutes from stores, restaurants, and parks in downtown Grand Blanc.

What transportation services does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to assisted living residents?

Monthly we take our bus out shopping and go enjoy seasonal trips as well!

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Grand Blanc exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our custom dining program ensures that you will always enjoy what you eat! All 3 meals and snacks are included and we cater to your wants and needs. We offer choices at each meal. Whether you follow a heart healthy, diabetic, or gluten free diet our chefs have a high level of training and will make sure what you are eating is the best it can possibly be!

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Grand Blanc offer to assisted living residents?

Our “Better Together” program with Brookdale Home Health helps create a safe environment. Residents can have Physical, Occupational, and Speech therapy on-site and our Nurse and care team ensure that everyone is working towards the same goals! Our “B-fit” daily exercise class in collaboration with our fall prevention program helps strengthen muscles and increase safety awareness while also sharpening your mind. Our living spaces are smaller on purpose…we make life here as safest and easiest as possible.

How does Brookdale Grand Blanc keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

There is a high level of communication with our families. We keep everyone informed by our monthly family call program, emails, and direct mailers. Our managers always follow up with issues via email and phone calls in a timely manner. We consider the residents’ families part of our family as well and treat them as such.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Grand Blanc during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have a unique approach to the level of staffing we have. The number of Resident Care Associates is based on our residents’ needs. Basing our caregivers on our current acuity level ensures that we can give the best care for each resident.

If Brookdale Grand Blanc accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We absolutely love pets here at Brookdale Grand Blanc and consider them part of our family as well! We have sidewalks along our campus and a big yard. Many times you can find one of our dogs “Bella” playing ball with her Mom or another resident or staff member out in the yard! We are happy to help take care of your cat or dog should you need assistance in doing so.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff completes monthly training regarding caring for seniors.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Grand Blanc provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale Grand Blanc Assisted Living sits right next door to Brookdale Grand Blanc Memory Care, a secure community that has the ability to keep residents who may wander safe and engaged while helping them to achieve daily moments of success.

Photos of Brookdale Grand Blanc

• Staff Patient Ratio: 15 To 2

• Licenses: Licensed
  • State Licenses: AH250236939

About Brookdale Grand Blanc

Brookdale Grand Blanc provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Various church services available throughout the month. Two nurses available during the day, and on call in the evening. Care staff present 24 hrs./day. Recreational therapist organizes life enrichment activities. Physicians visit the community. Ability to obtain labs and testing within the community. A family oriented community with many special events.

Map of Brookdale Grand Blanc