13 Assisted Living Facilities near White Lake, MI
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the White Lake area, with 2 in White Lake and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in White Lake is $4,800 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Highland with an average starting cost of $4,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 60 reviews below for assisted living facilities in White Lake. Better rated regions include Highland with an average rating of 3.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in White Lake, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in White Lake, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in White Lake
White Lake is a charter township in Oakland County, Michigan. In 2016, the community was named among the safest places in Michigan by ValuePenguin, which took the community's size, property crime rate and violent crime rate into account.
To support its local senior population, White Lake is home to two assisted living communities, with another 15 nearby. These facilities, which are licensed by the Department of Human Services, are officially designated as "homes for the aged" or "adult foster care," depending on the minimum age of the residents they are licensed to serve.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in White Lake
- Seniors who prefer to experience four distinct seasons will enjoy White Lake's weather, which boasts moderate summers and chilly, snowy winters. Summer highs are in the low-80s, and winters have chilly temperatures of around 16 degrees Fahrenheit and get roughly 39 inches of snow.
- Oakland County, which is the county that White Lake is located in, received a grade of "F" for ozone pollution and a "B" for short-term particle pollution from the American Lung Association. This may impact the quality of life of seniors who have respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses.
- White Lake is a relatively expensive place to live, with an overall cost of living that is 17 percent higher than the national average. Seniors can expect to spend about 9 percent less on groceries and 17 percent less on healthcare than they would elsewhere in the country, which helps to offset other expenses.
- White Lake seniors are not taxed on their Social Security benefits. While other types of retirement income are subject to state income taxes, Michigan provides a fairly large deduction.
- The crime rate in White Lake is a little lower than the nationwide average, which may provide peace of mind for seniors and their loved ones. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, the rate of violent crime is 29.6 and the rate of property crime is 31.7, compared to the respective national averages of 31.1 and 38.1.
- The White Lake area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Commerce Township.
Paying for Assisted Living in White Lake
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in White Lake start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in White Lake and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in White Lake
While there are currently no public assistance options for seniors living in adult foster care, low-income seniors residing in homes for the aged may be eligible to have their assisted living expenses covered by the Medicaid State Plan. Additionally, Michigan provides an optional state supplement to Supplemental Security Income, which may be applied toward assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in White Lake
White Lake and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in White Lake, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in White Lake
White Lake-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.