American House Milford

Reviews of American House Milford

Assisted Living Reviews for American House Milford

January 30, 2014

By Caring77419750

American House is right by my brother's house, that's how we came about this facility. I don't like it because it's an old building. We did go into a couple of rooms and they were okay, clean and nice; however, they were expensive. The tour guide was wonderful, but we never saw one resident. I like to talk to the residents and ask about the facility, but there was never one person anywhere. At the independent side, they were having an open house, so that one was way happier except the people who were sitting in a room were kind of sad. I talked to a few of them and they just said, "It's all okay. It's not home." What I didn't like about this facility, with my mom's dementia and if she was going to do the wandering thing, they just said that their residents could just wander around at night. I guess there was enough supervision. For activities, they did have a nice calendar of stuff.

You may have caught us on a day where many of our residents were out enjoying one of our activities or events! I'd like for you to stop by my office or call me personally and so we can discuss your concerns. Some of our residents do go through an adjustment period, as change does take some getting used to - particularly if they've left a lifetime home. We have American Houses around the area who can accommodate residents with dementia - give me a call if you're still looking and I can make a recommendation on the best place for your mother.

Sincerely, Paula Tatum Executive Director 248-676-2121,

Independent Living Reviews for American House Milford

Photos of American House Milford

About American House Milford

A charming, cozy community, American House Milford is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in the quaint town of Milford and surrounding areas of Highland, Commerce, and Bloomfield. American House Milford is also located close to Huron Valley Sinai Hospital and Kensington Park.

American House Milford Senior Living offer luxurious, maintenance-free one and two bedroom apartment homes with private baths on peaceful landscaped grounds. Enjoy the convenience of an on site movie theatre, beauty salon/barber shop and indoor parking garage. Our Activity Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips, and staff members are available 24-hours a day. Resident Services also include scheduled transportation, restaurant-style dining, laundry and housekeeping services. Additional support services are also available, such as medication reminders, physical therapy, bathing and mobility assistance and more.*

RENOVATIONS ARE UNDERWAY for a beautiful community dining room, activity rooms and comfortable lounges for socializing! Stay tuned for our Grand Opening Party!

Property Amenities
  • Maintenance-free apartments with full kitchens
  • Common areas for family & community events
Resident Services
  • Three meals per day
  • Weekly housekeeping
  • Laundry service for additional fee
  • Activity Director with diverse resident programing
  • Personal & scheduled transportation
Additional Features
  • Emergency response system*
  • 24-hour staffing*
  • Month-to-month leases
  • Small pets welcome
Available Support Services*
  • 24-hour personal and medical care services are available onsite through a Medicare certified home health care agency. To learn more about services and customized care plans, please request a brochure and contact information.

Map of American House Milford