28 Assisted Living Facilities near Milford, MI
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Milford area, with 2 in Milford and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Milford is $3,420 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Brighton with an average starting cost of $3,025.
To help you with your search, browse the 162 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Milford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Milford 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Walled Lake with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Milford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Milford, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Milford
Milford is where General Motors located its legendary first proving ground, and it's the place where the fist Corvettes and Camaros took to the track on a site that's nearly twice the size of the town itself. While the population has shrunk to just 6,500 people, nearly 16.5% of Milford's residents are seniors aged 65 and over.
The town is home to seven assisted living facilities within its borders, where seniors can get regular assistance with personal needs such as dressing and meal preparation. These senior living facilities are regulated by The Michigan Department of Human Services, which licenses many, but not all, of the residential senior care communities across the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Milford
- Milford's climate is variable, with average summer high temperatures of 81 degrees and winter lows that average as little as 15. Milford gets 32 inches of rain in a typical year. This raises pollen and other allergens in the open land surrounding the town, which can be an issue for seniors with asthma or COPD.
- The cost of living in Milford is 31% above the national average for most categories of costs. Seniors in Milford pay 17% less than the national average for healthcare.
- Crime rates in Milford are extremely low, and the town is generally safe for seniors who enjoy outdoor activities. Across all crime categories, rates in Milford are just 15% the national rate for similar-sized townships. Violent crime is less violent still, with theft and property offenses making up the majority of crime reports.
- Seniors can get around Milford on the ADA-compliant vehicles of the Highland/Milford Transportation Authority. This service offers on-demand rides throughout the Highland and Milford region for seniors aged 55 and over, or for adults with permanent disabilities. Rides can be scheduled between 24 hours and 2 months in advance.
- The Milford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Henry Ford Medical Center - Milford, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Milford has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Western Oakland Meals On Wheels, an organization that provides senior nutrition services by delivering meals to local homes and serving hot lunches at local senior facilities, as well as two senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Milford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Milford start around $3,420 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Milford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Milford
Seniors in Milford who need help with the cost of assisted living may qualify for the federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program. Michigan adds an additional sum to this benefit, as well as automatically qualifying seniors receiving it for Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Milford
Milford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Milford, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Milford
Milford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Milford
Review of Cranberry Park of Milford
The owners treat the staff poorly which results in high turn over which can be confusing to many of the residents. Read more
Review of Cranberry Park of Milford
My mother is in Cranberry Park now; we felt this was the best fit for her. There are some things I don’t like, but basically, it is good. There aren't kitchenettes in the apartments, but they are l... Read more
Review of American House Milford
I'm Only Rating the Food here. Be careful of the food in the Cafeteria. We found out that all American House's carry the same menu, and buy their food from Gordon Food Service. If you need any ki... Read more