Magnolia by the Lakes

Reviews of Magnolia by the Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for Magnolia by the Lakes

January 22, 2021

By Susan

I did an in-person tour of Magnolia by the Lakes. It was excellent. The rooms were nice. The staff was very pleasant and polite. It's a wonderful place, it had plenty of activities, and the people were pleasant. The staff introduced me to several of them.

September 02, 2016

By Gerald072632

Magnolia by the Lakes was very good. They were very caring people. The facility was great. It was a little on the small side, but it was clean. They were in the process of expanding. The price was a little on the high side, but it definitely would have been a place I would have considered. However, the facility was a long distance away from me, which was an issue. I recall that there were good activities; they would go out and do activities within the facility.

May 10, 2016

By Barbara124586650

Magnolia by the Lakes is a smaller facility, but it is very clean and very well managed. Jason was there when we went for a tour, and he was very thorough and very professional. It's a brand-new building that opened only eight months ago. They have a beautiful dining room, exercise room, and a theater room. The staff is all very friendly, helpful, and taking good care of my dad.

March 30, 2016

By family member17

Magnolia was nice but wasn’t a match for us. I didn’t care for the room options, which reminded me of hospital rooms, and I didn’t think the staff was knowledgeable. It looked like they had activities.

Independent Living Reviews for Magnolia by the Lakes

September 03, 2021

By Iris

My parents have chosen Magnolia by the Lakes. They give you so much more for the price, and the apartments are very upscale. They have the latest wood floors, 10-foot ceilings, and beautiful kitchen cabinets (like Amish). They have ceramic tile for both bathrooms. It is much larger in space too. The unit we got is like 1,350 square feet. They have three meals a day. They cleaned the apartment once-a-week on a weekly basis. They have all these incredible activities. They even have a pontoon on Cass Lake for the people who live there, if they want to go for a ride on the boat. They have shuttle busses. The community itself is just gorgeous.

August 30, 2021

By Kevin & Bess

Our tour at Magnolia by the Lakes was great, it went very well. It's pretty impressive and it was a nice tour. It was fabulous and the tour guide was extraordinary. She took us through, showed us everything, and was kind of in tune with what we wanted. She showed us what we wanted to see. It looked relaxing. It has somewhere where you can go, an open space, and the dining area is centered around all the big rooms. It was somewhere I could go and sit back and relax, be comfortable and safe, and look out at the lake and see the beautiful scenery. It would give me peace of mind to just be in the home where I live, and relax without even going anywhere. We went to other places where when you walk outside the door, it's like being in a hotel. But when you are outside your door, it doesn't give you that presence of a hotel, it gives you beautification. When I got there, it went over and above my expectations. And the people are very friendly. The owner of the place gave us a lot of information. It would be a place that we could spend our lifetime in. The residents were also very friendly and nice, they're welcoming and inviting, and they seemed happy. I like the kitchen counter, it reminds me of my own kitchen. It's an open-space kitchen that's really up to date, and I did not expect the kitchen for seniors to be up to date like that, including the cabinets. You could enjoy it; the ceilings were high, the room colors were beautiful and I like the room color. There's a balcony. They have meals, breakfast, transportation, and they have trips for where you want to go. It's very convenient. We were invited to dinner, and we felt it's genuine. They have an excellent staff. It was very clean. I kept asking "Had anyone lived in these particular units that we looked at?'' It was so spotless.

Thank you very much, we are very proud of our beautiful Magnolia by the Lakes. We strive to provide the best environment for our Residents.

August 20, 2021

By Carolyn

I had a very good tour of Magnolia by the Lakes. Everybody was very nice. We had a meal, and the food was good. The rooms all looked very nice, and their kitchens were nice. I like the fact that the bedroom went right to the bathroom, and you can get to it from two different directions. That was a selling point. They had laundry right in the room. It's a one-bedroom-one bath. They have two-bedroom-two-bath apartments and one-bedroom-one-bath apartments with a den. They had different styles of rooms. My mom is by herself. She is almost ninety-one and she doesn't really need a lot of room, so I'm mainly looking for a place where she could get her meals, and they were accommodating with that. They have bingo, movies, and TED Talks. They even have pontoon rides because they're close to a lake. You can sign up to go to Kroger's or the Dollar Store. They have a really nice courtyard, and my mom’s room looks out onto it. It has a little nine-hole putt-putt course on it. At ninety-one, she is not going to be doing a whole lot of things because her eyes are getting bad, but they have a little craft room and a little sweet bar that they open up maybe once a week, and you can get bread, sweets, or something like that. My mom is moving to independent living right now. She'll need assistance going down to get her meals and things. Somebody will have to come, get her, and take her down in a wheelchair because it's too far for her to use her walker. She doesn't have the strength anymore, but they have a care team in there that handles that. I like the fact that they have a nurse on staff 24/7. For a slight fee, they put a landline in your room with big buttons. If she wants to call me, she just has to push "one," and if she wants to call the nurse, she just pushes their number. Since she can't see the numbers on phones anymore, it will connect her to people more easily, so I like that feature. They seem accommodating. Everybody seems very friendly. All the ladies smiled and said hello when you walked down the hall. Nobody looked grumpy.

August 08, 2021

By Jeffrey

We've already signed the papers for Magnolia by the Lakes. We're looking to move my dad in August. We went through independent living looking for a place that had assistance available. In that place, you can add on whatever you need to the independent living (which my father fits at this time). He's still independent, and he will have his own apartment. The facility is really nice (as far as the apartments), and the way that the hallways are furnished. The people that you deal with are extremely personable. The location is nice; it's right next to a lake. They have a pontoon boat, which they take the residents in on outings. The cost was not over and above what could be expected. They provide all your meals, and they have lots of entertainment available. My father liked it, and that's the most important thing. The apartment that he would be staying in was a nicer size than the other ones that were available. The ability that he would get meals every day was a nice thing because he doesn't want to make his own meals. They provide everything as far as laundry, cleaning, and picking up trash; everything's included. The bottom line is it's a really nice place, and he was really happy with it. It was definitely better for him than other places that we looked at. They have games available, a monthly party that they set up for the residents, swimming, crafts, and exercise available on a regular basis with an individual to take care of all that. They have a miniature golf course in the middle of the open space. They have a lot of different activities, and it's all written out so that they can choose what they want to do. It's independent, and it allows the person to do a lot of different things. They have special trips to the grocery store and other areas, like museums and stuff like that. All they have to do is sign up. They take you to doctor's appointments and other appointments if you want within about a mile. If I was 20 years older, I'd like the place for sure. They gave us some samples of the food while we were discussing the arrangements, and it was definitely good.

September 18, 2018

By EmilyBr

I toured the Independent Senior Community of Magnolia by the Lakes and I couldn't believe my eyes- the picturesque setting, the high ceilings, the gracious apartments and the gorgeous views- all starting about $3,000. My parents live in Florida and it is so nice that Magnolia has an enclosed bridge connecting several buildings. My parents are coming to visit Magnolia.This place is worth a visit. I wish I were old enough to live there! Nice job. highly recommend.

March 22, 2018

By DD

Magnolia by the Lakes is a very high-end facility. It had beautiful rooms and great structure, but it was very expensive based on their cost model. I went into their independent living facility, which was a six-floor building structure. I got a tour through one of their single bedroom and two-bedroom apartments. It was a very nice facility with very beautiful rooms. It looked like they had a really elegant dining area. I saw the exercise facility, and I was given a list of the activities they published for the month. I didn't have issues with the staff.

August 21, 2017

By Suzanne

Magnolia by the Lakes had a section with around 20 rooms where they built a bridge to go across the other side of the street facing the lake, which had luxurious one- to three-bedroom apartments.

March 06, 2017

By Happy Visitor078506

Magnolia by the Lakes has a section that’s open and a section still under construction. It was a nice place. The only problem was that it was too expensive. The rooms were all efficiency apartment-style. There were no grounds, and the dining area looked very nice.

August 23, 2016

By Elaine166220

Magnolia by the Lakes was very nice. It was a brand-new, small place but way too expensive. They were building more units of permanent apartments for seniors across the street from the facility. So, it was very nice. They had a Jacuzzi pool, computer room, television room, and exercise room. The rooms were beautiful. When we first walked in, there were flowers on the table and it was very pretty. There were only 20 residents. I was a little disappointed that you had to bring your own bed and a stand for your own TV. They said they could possibly bring something in for your clothes to hang. I did not care for that. I thought for the money that you were paying, you would have a nice hospital bed, but they did not have anything supplied. I was not too thrilled with the rooms, and the view was of bushes. The two-bedroom we saw didn't even have a view. For me, I like to look outside and see something.

Questions about Magnolia by the Lakes

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Magnolia by the Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Magnolia is designed for seniors age 55 and up! Average age in our assisted living is aprox. 80, our independent living average age is around 75. Magnolia residents enjoy all sorts of things, We have readers, puzzlers, social butterflies, crafters, card players, golfers, sports enthusiasts. No matter your niche you will find a friend who enjoys the same !

What programs or activities does Magnolia by the Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Magnolia offers many fun activities for our residents such as, our book club, fitness classes, jewelry making, mini golf, Bingo, happy hours, card clubs, movie nights, and many exciting outings on a regular basis.

What places are near Magnolia by the Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are situated in the heart of Oakland County, so Magnolia is close to plenty of shopping, dining and entertainment venues. We are also lucky to be right by beautiful Cass & Sylvan Lakes so anyone who enjoys lake living will love it here!

What transportation services does Magnolia by the Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

Magnolia has a beautiful brand new transit van to take residents on group outings, and smaller vans that are perfect for individualized transportation needs.

What makes the chef or dining program at Magnolia by the Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our professional Chef creates amazing tasting dishes to please the tastes of the most refined palates. Chef James, and his team always take the requests and desires of our residents into account when putting together Magnolias menus, as his number one goal is to please our residents.

What safety features or security measures does Magnolia by the Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

We offer 24hour care staff, door buzzers, emergency alert pull cords in each unit.

How does Magnolia by the Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

At Magnolia we consider ourselves a big family! We love to communicate with residents families and ensure we keep an open line either in person or via phone.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Magnolia by the Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Here at Magnolia we have an overall population of 60% of fun loving residents that enjoy the company of each other. They look out for and help each other out. They engage in many different activities which includes, card playing, bingo, mind trivia games, bowling, golfing, sing a longs etc. Our residents here at Magnolia especially enjoy the pontoon boat rides on beautiful Cass Lake during the spring, summer and early fall months!

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

There is a nice array of restaurants and shopping in close range of Magnolia. Some of them are close enough to walk to. Cass Lake has a public beach area within walking distance as well.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Magnolia by the Lakes has organized?

Our residents at Magnolia have been to off-site events such as concerts, tours of downtown Detroit, the DIA, Belle Isle, Cider Mills, Movie Theaters, tours of beautiful Churches and more!

What transportation services does Magnolia by the Lakes offer to independent living residents?

We have beautiful Transit Van to transport larger groups of residents to off-site events and 2 smaller vans for personal transportation for individual residents.

What makes the chef or dining program at Magnolia by the Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our professional Chef creates amazing tasting dishes to please the tastes of the most refined palates. Chef James and his team always take the requests and desires of our residents in account when putting together Magnolia menus, as his number 1 goal is to please our residents.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

We have many common areas available for our residents. Our beautiful Scarlett Lobby with its comfortable furnishings is a great place to enjoy reading a nice book while cuddled up near the gorgeous mantled fireplace, enjoy watching the big screen TV and is a great place for socialization. The bright and cheery Ashley Atrium Has a stunning stained glass window and provides dining , card & game playing, television and Books from the West Bloomfield Library. Our Village Square provides the setting of an Old World European Village with and Italian Bistro, Irish Pub and a beautiful water fountain surrounded by many live plants. Magnolia has an outdoor patio in our Garden area with a 9 hole mini golf course, and just a short walk to a lovely garden area on the shores of Cass Lake.

What safety features or security measures does Magnolia by the Lakes offer to independent living residents?

Magnolia has 24 hour digital monitoring that oversees all public areas of the complex.

What safety features or security measures does Magnolia by the Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

Magnolia has a 24 hour monitored digital security system that displays all public areas of the entire complex. Magnolia also provides a 15 second lock with a warning alarm on all doorways that lead to outside. These doors will not open for 15 seconds, thus allowing attention to be brought to the doorway.

Costs for Magnolia by the Lakes

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $2995/month

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: XH630397639

About Magnolia by the Lakes

Magnolia by the Lakes is truly the gold standard of senior living for independent, assisted and respite care. Magnolia by the Lakes exclusive amenities include:

• Situated on two Lakes
  • Lakefront and Lakeview
  • Nationally renowned dining services
  • Security cameras and 24-hour surveillance in all public areas
  • Private mini-golf park
  • Fitness center, jetted indoor pool & yoga center
  • Transportation & Activities
  • Elegant community spaces including the Village Square, a true old-world village gathering place
  • Outdoor patio dining
  • Multiple connecting buildings
  • Assisted and Independent Livings in separate buildings
  • Age-in-place lifestyle
  • Live plants & trees

Magnolia by the Lakes' entire campus is designed around Cass and Sylvan Lakes with particular attention to care and comfort of the seniors. It is our goal each day to deliver an exceptional retirement living experience to our Residents.

Map of Magnolia by the Lakes