47 Assisted Living Facilities near Burton, MI
There are 47 Assisted Living Facilities in the Burton area, with 5 in Burton and 42 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Burton is $2,726 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Davison with an average starting cost of $2,590.
To help you with your search, browse the 165 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Burton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Burton 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Davison with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Burton, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Burton, MI
42 Assisted Living Facilities near Burton, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Burton
Burton is a suburb of Flint, Michigan that's home to the Sloan Museum Burton, and has a population of 28,643. People aged 65 and older make up 15.1 percent of the city's population, and to serve them, the city has five assisted living facilities. There are also another 43 located in nearby areas.
In Burton, and the rest of Michigan, assisted living facilities are commonly referred to as homes for the aged. They are all licensed and regulated by the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services to ensure a safe environment and proper care for residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Burton
- The Burton area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Grand Blanc.
- Seniors can travel throughout the area using Flint's public bus system, the Mass Transportation Authority (MTA). Seniors aged 65 or older qualify for reduced fares on single ride tickets and monthly passes.
- The overall cost of living in Burton is 15 percent lower than the national average and three percent lower than the state average. Seniors with a low or fixed income may appreciate that the cost of healthcare services, groceries, and other necessities all average below the national median.
- Seniors who are averse to cold weather may not enjoy living in the Burton area. Winters are cold and often snowy, which could limit the amount of time spent outdoors. However, the summer weather is mild, with average high temperatures in the low-to-mid 80s.
- The air quality index in Burton is 24 percent better than the national average, and its pollution index is 91 percent better than the national average. Seniors with chronic breathing conditions may be more comfortable living in Burton than they would in areas with more pollution.
- Seniors who are concerned about personal safety may be more comfortable living in another area. The crime rate in Burton is 23 percent higher than the state average and one percent higher than the national average. The violent crime rate, in particular, is four percent higher than the state average and 22 percent higher than the national average.
Paying for Assisted Living in Burton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Burton start around $2,726 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Burton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Burton
There aren't many financial assistance options available for seniors who need help paying their monthly assisted living costs. The Michigan Medicaid State Plan covers the cost of personal care services for eligible seniors residing in homes for the aged. Also, the state offers an optional state supplement to seniors with Social Security benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Burton
Burton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Burton, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Burton Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Burton
Burton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Burton
Review of Redwood Manor - Burton, MI
Redwood Manor's people were nice. There were a few things that needed to be upgraded and taken care of, but other than that, it was fine. The carpet had lots of ripples, so it needs to be stretched... Read more
Review of The Pines of Burton
The Pines of Burton was small which we liked because it would be less confusing for someone who has memory problems. We're impressed with the staff, who seem to be very kind and accommodating. The ... Read more
Review of Lockwood of Burton
Lockwood of Burton was new at only two or three years ago. It was in a good location, about a mile me and not in the city. It has a four-lane paved road by it, not a freeway. The staff was very pol... Read more