37 Assisted Living Facilities near Swartz Creek, MI
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Swartz Creek area, with 3 in Swartz Creek and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Swartz Creek is $4,457 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Flushing with an average starting cost of $3,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 181 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Swartz Creek. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Swartz Creek 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Flushing with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Swartz Creek, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Swartz Creek, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Swartz Creek
Swartz Creek is named for the creek that runs through the city and is famous for being the hometown of the country’s first female military general. It’s now home to approximately 5,500 people, with over 22 percent of those residents being 65 or older.
The city’s seniors are served by two assisted living facilities. In nearby communities, such as Burton and Flint, there are an additional 35 facilities. Like assisted living facilities throughout the state, they’re regulated by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. Licensed facilities provide personal care and supervision to their senior residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Swartz Creek
- Swartz Creek has a fairly low rate of both property and violent crimes. It is safer than 56 percent of communities in the country. When only cities of a similar size are considered, Swartz Creek is considerably safer. This may appeal to safety-conscious seniors who enjoy small town living.
- Swartz Creek has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Flint.
- As a small city, Swartz Creek offers limited public transit options. Seniors can schedule trips into Flint with the MTA’s Your Ride service. They can also travel throughout Flint on the MTA’s fixed-route buses. Reduced fares are available for seniors.
- Artistically inclined seniors can join the Swartz Creek Area Art Guild. The city also has weekend horse races at the Sports Creek Raceway. For many more attractions, including museums, live theaters and historic sites, seniors can travel to Flint.
- An average of 47 inches of snow falls on Swartz Creek each year, nearly twice the national average. January lows are in the low teens, while summer highs only reach into the low 80s.
- Like the rest of the state, Swartz Creek boasts a cost of living that is lower than the national average. The cost of housing in this city is 27.6 percent lower than the U.S. average, and healthcare and groceries also have below-average costs. Seniors may choose to retire in Swartz Creek to stretch their assisted living budgets.
Paying for Assisted Living in Swartz Creek
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Swartz Creek start around $4,457 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Swartz Creek and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Swartz Creek
Michigan’s MI Choice Waiver Program, a Medicaid waiver, may cover the services that Swartz Creek seniors receive in assisted living communities. The state also provides optional state supplementation to SSI recipients in these communities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Swartz Creek
Swartz Creek and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Swartz Creek, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Swartz Creek
Swartz Creek-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Swartz Creek
Review of Courtyard Manor of Swartz Creek
Courtyard Manor of Swartz Creek was nice and smaller. I liked it. I just like the other ones better, although there wasn't anything against Courtyard Manor. It was fine. They had activities for the... Read more
Review of Springvale Assisted Living & Memory Care
My grandmother has been a patient their since 2019 and has had wonderful care!! This outstanding care giving is allowing her soon to be 103 on October 5!! Thank you!!! Read more
Review of Springvale Assisted Living & Memory Care
Springvale was recommended to me by a friend who's father was in their memory care section.He said he was very pleased with the care his father was receiving and how impressed he was with the peopl... Read more