37 Assisted Living Facilities near Clio, MI
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clio area, with 6 in Clio and 31 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 112 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clio. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clio 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Flushing with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clio, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Clio, MI
31 Assisted Living Facilities near Clio, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clio
Clio is a small, industrial city in Genesee County with a population of just over 2,500. Seniors who can no longer complete activities like grooming, housekeeping and laundry on their own may be interested in living in one of the seven adult foster care facilities in Clio. The State of Michigan doesn't recognize the term assisted living facility, using instead the official designation Adult Foster Care Facility (AFCF). In Clio and elsewhere in the state, these communities are governed by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA), which places them into six categories depending on the number of people cared for and whether the staff lives on site.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clio
- The cost of living in Clio is 21 percent below the national average, with the majority of savings being realized in the area's low housing cost. There is a slight savings potential in grocery prices, but health care expenses are above the U.S. average.
- Clio has a relatively low overall crime rate. While its property crime exceeds the state average, it has a violent crime rate of only 16.7, which is approximately half of the state and national numbers.
- The weather in Clio can be brutal. The city averages 172 sunny days per year and 37 inches of snowfall. Summer highs reach comfortable temperatures in the mid-80s, but winters can see extended periods with temperatures staying in the mid to low teens.
- According to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment, breathing conditions in Clio are slightly worse than the national average. The city has a rating of 63 with the U.S. mean being 58.
- Clio has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Valley Area Agency on Ageing, an organization that acts as an advocate for seniors with local government agencies and hosts educational programs for seniors, as well as six senior centers.
- The city of Clio has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Flint.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clio
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Clio start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clio and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clio
The state of Michigan offers several options for seniors to help pay for assisted living or adult foster care facilities. Among these are the MI Choice waiver program, the Expanded Community Living Supports waiver program and MI Health Link. These are all Medicaid or Medicare waiver programs and subject to the availability of slots and qualifications.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clio
Clio and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clio, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clio
Clio-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clio
Review of Angel Manor LLC
My relative was a resident there in 2016. It IS clean and it IS pretty and I was impressed on my first visit. However, the more i visited the more i heard/ seen things that were not right. Some em... Read more
Review of Angel Manor LLC
Angel has a heart for people and makes a difference in people's lives. She cares about her clients and staff and is a true leader. She is always willing to do extra work and cares more about others... Read more
Review of Serenity Assisted Living
My dad lived in serenity house for four months , Mary was very concerned for keeping him comfortable but her building was not built with nursing care in mind so Dad had to take a basement room , Th... Read more