38 Assisted Living Facilities near Flushing, MI
There are 38 Assisted Living Facilities in the Flushing area, with 5 in Flushing and 33 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Flushing is $3,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 116 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Flushing. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Flushing 4.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mayville with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Flushing, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Flushing, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Flushing
Flushing, located in Eastern Michigan about 65 miles northwest of Detroit, is known as the Cruise Capital of Michigan, hosting a car show each month during the summer. The city’s senior population, making up more than 21% of its total residents, can also enjoy strolling through the city’s eight parks where year-round activities such as free concerts and festivals take place. There are five assisted living facilities to support this thriving senior population and another 33 located in nearby cities such as Flint, Burton and Clio.
In Flushing and throughout Michigan, assisted living facilities are known as homes for the aged and adult foster care and are licensed by the Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Flushing
- The Flushing Area Senior Center provides transportation to seniors aged 50 and over Monday through Friday starting at 8:30 a.m. Seniors must schedule their rides at least one day in advance. Your Ride is another transportation service for seniors and disabled people through the Mass Transit Authority. This service offers curb-to-curb service, although door-to-door service is provided upon request. Seniors should call after 5:00 p.m. the night before to confirm their reservation.
- Michigan does not tax Social Security benefits, which may leave more money in Flushing seniors budgets to help cover expenses.
- The Flushing area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Flint.
- The overall cost of living in Flushing is 94.3, lower than the national average of 100. Seniors can expect to pay less for healthcare in this city, which may be of interest to seniors with chronic conditions. Transportation, however, is significantly higher than the national average at 130.5, which is something seniors may want to think about when allocating their monthly budgets.
- Seniors hoping to retire in a safe city may find it in Flushing. The city has a violent crime rate of 10.1 and a property crime rate of 20.4, both significantly lower than the respective national averages of 22.7 and 35.4.
- Flushing gets summer highs of 83 degrees and winter lows of 15. There are only 171 sunny days each year in Flushing, 34 less than the national average of 205, so seniors may want to ensure that prospective facilities have plenty of indoor activities to keep them busy when they can’t go outside.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Flushing
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Flushing start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Flushing and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Flushing
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Flushing
Flushing and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Flushing, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Flushing
Flushing-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Flushing
Review of Living Joy of Flushing
Very neat and clean I really enjoy the fair p the meals were very accommodating the people there were very nice they always came when they were called and they got there to assist the therapy was v... Read more
Review of Hyde Park Assisted Living
The care is beyond good. It is excellent! Good communication between family and staff. Moved my loved one from another home due to care issues. I do not regret my decision. I know my mom is loved e... Read more
Review of Majestic Care of Flushing
I recently attended the grandparents day cookout at the home. Most of the people that live there had families there with them. It was a really nice day with good food, music, and families. There wa... Read more