19 Assisted Living Facilities near Grand Blanc, MI
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Grand Blanc area, with 3 in Grand Blanc and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Grand Blanc is $3,332 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Burton with an average starting cost of $3,174.
To help you with your search, browse the 93 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Grand Blanc. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Grand Blanc 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Burton with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Grand Blanc, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Grand Blanc, MI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grand Blanc
Located in Genesse County, Grand Blanc is a suburb of Flint, Michigan. Seniors in this area looking for help with daily tasks while living in a community of peers, will find three licensed assisted living facilities in the city of Grand Blanc with 41 more in the surrounding communities.
In the State of Michigan assisted living communities are officially referred to as Adult Foster Care Facilities (AFCF). AFCFs fall under the authority of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA). LARA breaks these communities down into 6 categories depending on the number of seniors housed and whether there is staff living on site. Each category has its own set of regulations and as a general rule, they become more stringent as the size of the facility increases.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grand Blanc
- The cost of living in Grand Blanc is 8.1 percent below the national average. Most of these saving are found the in below average housing costs in the city and of little benefit to ALF resident. However, groceries are also 5 percent below the mean.
- According to the National Air Toxics Assessment, the air in Grand Blanc is only slightly below average. The national median is 58 and Grand Blanc scores 3 points lower with a 61.
- The weather in Grand Blanc is cold and wet throughout much of the year. Summer highs can reach into the low 80s but winter temperatures can remain in the mid-teens for extended periods. It should also be noted that the city receives on average 70 inches of precipitation per year.
- Crime is not a major problem in Grand Blanc. The property crime rate 35.3 almost 3 points below the national mean and the violent crime rate is a low 15.2; less than half the national and state numbers.
- The Grand Blanc area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Genesys Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Grand Blanc offers several public transportation options to seniors including MTA buses that run regular routes around the city and county. They also have special ride programs for seniors and reduced rates for people who are ADA certified or over the age of 65.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grand Blanc
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Michigan
Assisted Living costs in Grand Blanc start around $3,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grand Blanc and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grand Blanc
There are several options available to Grand Blanc seniors to help pay for AFCFs. Among these are the MI Choice program, MI Health Link and the Expanded Living Community Supports (ELCS) program. These are all Medicaid and/or Medicare waiver programs and subject to the availability of openings.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grand Blanc
Grand Blanc and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Grand Blanc, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grand Blanc
Grand Blanc-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Michigan are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Grand Blanc, MI
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Grand Blanc
Review of Addington Place of Grand Blanc
Each time I called, Addington staff were friendly and knowledgeable. They always took the time to take my questions on how my father, who was in hospice, was doing at that particular moment. This... Read more
Review of The Oaks at Woodfield
When my mother was there I felt the staff did not care for her the way they should have ! One day they called my sister telling her my mom fell out of her bed when I came up to see my mother I coul... Read more
Review of Addington Place of Grand Blanc
The rooms are small and dark, the whole place reeks of urine all the time, the staff doesn't respond timely to the call buttons. The food was horrible and inadequate, and patients frequently cou... Read more