3 Assisted Living Facilities in Logansport, IN
The average cost of assisted living in Logansport is $4,170 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Peru with an average starting cost of $2,294.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Logansport. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Logansport 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wabash with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Logansport, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Logansport
Logansport provides a wide array of activities for active seniors. The city's park system includes a National Historic Landmark, miles of paved trails, fishing sites and campgrounds. The city has a population of about 18,000 people, over 14% of whom are aged 65 and over.
In Logansport, as in the rest of Indiana, assisted living facilities are officially called residential care facilities, and they are monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging. Facilities that administer medication must also be licensed by the Indiana State Department of Health. Logansport has three assisted living facilities for local seniors to choose from.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Logansport
Summers in Logansport are warm and rainy with July highs around 83 degrees, and winters are cold with January lows around 20 degrees. The city may appeal to seniors who are sensitive to heat, though those seeking out assisted living may want to find a facility with individual climate control in residents' units.
- With an overall cost of living that is nearly 30% below the national median, Logansport is a very affordable city for seniors. Additionally, healthcare expenses are nearly 20% below the average costs of the nation as a whole, which may benefit seniors who are managing chronic health conditions.
- Logansport seniors pay state income tax on all types of retirement income except Social Security benefits. This may affect how much money seniors who draw income from retirement accounts or pensions can put towards assisted living expenses.
- The property crime rate in Logansport is quite a bit higher than the national average, coming in at 58.2 versus the national median of 35.4. However, the city's violent crime rate is notably lower than the national average of 22.7, coming in at 8.2. While seniors may want to keep track of personal belongings when they're out and about, this city is generally considered to be safe.
- The Logansport area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Logansport Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Transportation for seniors in Logansport is provided courtesy of Cass County Public Transit. This service operates on weekdays from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Seniors age 60 and over can ride for free, though donations are appreciated.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Logansport
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Logansport start around $4,170 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Logansport and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Logansport
Logansport seniors who meet income and asset guidelines may be eligible to receive financial assistance for their assisted living expenses through one of three programs, including Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915(c) waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Logansport
Logansport and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Logansport, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Logansport
Logansport-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Logansport
Review of McKinney Place
McKinney was very homey and very well-run. My mom and I were impressed with the knowledge of their staff. Mom is in a 1-bedroom apartment and it has a living room, kitchen, and a bathroom. It was v... Read more
Review of Neal Home
My dad is at Neal Home. It is a good, very small facility with only 14 residents, so, obviously, everybody has one-on-one personal care. The room has a bed with a bathroom and furniture. The staff ... Read more
Review of Neal Home
Staffing was very light and not very present at the time I was there. I wasn't sure it was a staffed facility at first! The grounds were very well cared for, clean and did not have any unpleasant o... Read more