Bloom At Kokomo

Reviews of Bloom At Kokomo

Assisted Living Reviews for Bloom At Kokomo

May 31, 2019

By Randall

My dad is staying in assisted living at The Wellington of Kokomo. It's a beautiful facility. Everything is nice, including the cafeteria, my dad's room, and the service he gets. It's outstanding. He gets everything he needs and I haven't heard any complaints from him whatsoever. His room is more like an apartment. They have physical therapy, a movie room, birdwatching where they watch a huge cage with finches in it, TV, and things out on the ground for them to also do. The place is brand new so it looks like it's in very good condition. It's a little costly, but my dad gets good care.

September 29, 2018

By Jeanne

The people are very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very nice and had all the things that my dad would need. The food was nice and I liked the way things were set up. They had a library and an area do their own laundry if they so desired or they could assist you with it, they had a movie theater-like area set up with popcorn, and they had a gaming area. I was very pleased.

August 21, 2017

By Gwen

The community was beautiful and very well maintained. Everyone was very nice. The residents seemed to be happy and active. They had one-bedroom apartments, and the one that we looked at was in the middle of remodeling. They're doing everything to make it as accessible as possible for anyone with a disability. I thought it was very nice.

August 21, 2015

By Larry111547750

It is a good community. They seem to care.

September 08, 2014

By Pamela21

My mother moved in last August 1st, and we are happy with it so far. They do have a nurse there on duty all the time, but mostly they have the RA's or Resident Assistants that check on the residents in the assisted living. They are not allowed to administer the medicines or anything like that, but they remind residents to take their medicines and if they need help with showering or bathing or anything, they can help them. They are very helpful, very friendly, and you can tell they are compassionate. I have been there at all hours and I have met people on every shift, and their response time is very good. The residents all have a call button that they wear around their necks and anytime they need anything, they just press that button and they are there within five minutes. There is usually two Resident Assistants in the evening to take care of everybody and I think their maximum number of residents is 63. In the afternoon after lunch, they have something scheduled whether it is a movie or some type of performance coming in. I think they have scheduled outings every Friday. They do have a bus that takes residents to where they actually need to go or if there is something that is not scheduled and they need to go somewhere, they have a bus and a driver that can take them during the day. They have church services twice a week and they bring in someone to do church service. All the meals are provided at a beautiful dining facility and are all homemade. My mom is really happy with the food, which is just something because in her days she was a normal cook. She couldn't cook anything now, but she is so happy with the food there, so that is good. It is very clean and we were really impressed when we first walked in to see how clean it was and if it smelled. Her apartment is just a one-bedroom apartment, but it is very well-kept. They did not have to do a lot to have her move in there. It is very homey and they have a big commons area that has got a lot of nice reupholstered couches and chairs.

Memory Care Reviews for Bloom At Kokomo

May 30, 2013

By David 3

Reflections Memory Care is just 40 minutes away from home and it is much affordable. I can see that it has a safe environment. They seemed well staffed. The people looked happy and everyone is clean and fine. I showed up unannounced so there was no time for them to clean everything or do anything, so I thought it was very nice. My mother won't be able to participate in any activity, so they weren't as important to me. I just want to make sure that she is kept clean and dry. The only thing that I could suggest is that they could replace the carpet with something that wouldn't stain.

December 11, 2012

By grneyed1der

My husbands doctor told me that they had day programs for Alzheimers patients and to go check it out. When I went out there they said they didn't have any unless you were living they and wanted to sign my husband up right away. My husband was just diagnosed and was no way near ready to be put in a facility but this lady was really pushing it. I didn't like it. She wouldn't take me on a tour either unless I would sign my husband up. I smell a fish somewhere.
See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Bloom At Kokomo

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Bloom At Kokomo. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages range from late 60's to late 90's. Favorite activities include summer concerts at the local parks, happy hour every Friday, Sunday church services, Bingo, and monthly birthday parties.

What transportation services does Bloom At Kokomo offer to assisted living residents?

Complimentary scheduled bus with wheelchair lift Monday through Friday.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly inservices.

What safety features or security measures does Bloom At Kokomo provide to protect residents who wander?

Secure Memory Care

Photos of Bloom At Kokomo

Services and Amenities of Bloom At Kokomo

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

About Bloom At Kokomo

Bloom at Kokomo is a family-owned and operated assisted living and memory care establishment. Since 1965, our goal has been simple yet aspirational: to help our residents flourish. Entering a Bloom community does not mean checking your lifestyle or personality at the door. Residents continue to live life to its fullest potential, enjoying their favorite activities while discovering new ones, and blooming into their best selves through growth and discovery.

Bloom's personalized service and superior care enable residents to enjoy the privacy of home, combined with the security and convenience of assistance and a maintenance-free environment.

This is provided in a vibrant and intimate setting, located on a private, 4-acre plot in the heart of Kokomo, Indiana.

Map of Bloom At Kokomo