30 Assisted Living Facilities near Trumbull, CT
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Trumbull area, with 2 in Trumbull and 28 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Trumbull is $4,766 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Woodbridge with an average starting cost of $3,140.
To help you with your search, browse the 173 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Trumbull. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Trumbull 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Shelton with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Trumbull find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Trumbull, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Trumbull, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Trumbull
Located just 50 miles northeast of New York City on the Long Island Sound, Trumbull, Connecticut has been recognized by a number of publications, including Relocate America, as one of the best towns in America. The town is home to over 36,000 residents, 18.7 percent of whom are aged 65 and older, and may be in need of assistance with daily activities.
In Trumbull and all of Connecticut, there are two types of assisted living services offered, depending on the level of care a senior needs: assisted living service agencies and residential care homes (RCHs). There are two of these facilities available in Trumbull and an additional 20 in nearby towns, all of which are licensed by the Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Trumbull
- On a scale out of 100, with 100 representing high crime, Trumbull scores 10.9 in terms of violent crime and 31.3 for property crime, both numbers falling below the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, respectively.
- At a score of 146.1, the cost of living in Trumbull exceeds both the U.S. national average of 100 and the statewide average of 118.4, something for seniors to consider when budgeting for care costs.
- The Trumbull area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bridgeport Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Compared to many other areas in the region, Trumbull has a relatively temperate climate. Winter temperatures usually stay above 20 degrees, and the town only receives about 28 inches of snowfall. Summer temperatures tend to settle in the low 80s, and the area receives an overall comfort index score of 42 out of 100.
- Fixed route transportation services in Trumbull are provided by Greater Bridgeport Transit (GBT), and seniors 65 years of age and older are eligible for discounted fares.
- According to the American Lung Association, Fairfield County scores an F rating for its high amount of ozone pollution, which may be a concern for seniors with respiratory conditions. However, the area does receive an overall passing grade for air quality based on other factors, like particle pollution.
Paying for Assisted Living in Trumbull
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Trumbull start around $4,766 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Trumbull and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Trumbull
In Connecticut, assisted living and RCH services are paid for through both Medicaid waiver programs and the non-Medicaid Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE), which is funded by the state. Depending on the level of income, these programs can cover the cost of care services or the full cost of a facility stay. For seniors who choose an RCH, an optional state supplement (OSS) is available through the Department of Social Services to help with the costs of room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Trumbull
Trumbull and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Trumbull, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Trumbull
Trumbull-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Trumbull, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Trumbull
Review of Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull
My grandmother moved into Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull. We just liked its location, and she knew some people there already. Our move-in experience went fine. The staff is very friendly, and she lo... Read more
Review of Spring Meadows Trumbull
My sister will be moving to Spring Meadows Trumbull. It's affordable. It's very nice. It's like a nice resort. I expect that she will be very happy there. I met the director and she seemed to be ve... Read more
Review of Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull
We liked Middlebrook Farms at Trumbull, but my mother is not ready at this point. The woman who gave us the tour was very good. We liked her a lot. It was a nice place, and the rooms were nice, and... Read more