Spring Village at Stratford

Reviews of Spring Village at Stratford

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Village at Stratford

May 28, 2017

By arie-ball

I'm writing on behalf of myself and my three sisters about the experience we had with Atria and the care they provided our Mother. From the moment she went to Atria they took the time to get to know her and always tried to bring the best out of her, something we had not experienced before. The entire staff, from the CNAs, to Jason the Life Guidance Director, to Wayne the Executive Director, showed incredible compassion and helped our Mom maintain her dignity and quality of life. Communications with the four siblings were exceptional and the staff's accessibility and responsiveness were more than we had hoped for. We highly recommend Atria for the care of a Loved One.

January 13, 2015

Atria Stratford is nice. I liked it there because of the people that worked there. They are very friendly and accommodating. It is clean and very nice. He is enjoying the food as well. My father seems happy there, so I am happy. He has Dementia so he is in what they call the Life Guidance Unit for memory care patients. I looked all of the facilities in the area, and I liked them all except for one. Since I liked all of them, I ended up picking the one closest to me and the one that I could most afford.

August 01, 2012

By Joan Carmichael

I highly recommend the Atria. The Atria's atmosphere of love and caring helped my mother become herself once again when she was drifting away into the devastating effects of Alzheimer's while living at home alone. My mother was in her house and not taking her medications properly. She became a shell of her former self. Coming to the Atria renewed her quality of life through making friends, having help taking her medications properly, doing activities such as exercising classes, getting her hair done...things she would normally enjoy, trips to local sights and stores with other seniors, wonderful meals, which family can come and share for a very small contribution. I shared many delicious meals with my mother and her table of friends. So enjoyable to see her happy!! I so recommend the Atria. Knowing that my mother was in a safe and comfortable, caring place gave me extreme peace of mind. If you have a loved one, man or woman, who you care about and are worried about because their quality of life has declined through loneliness and forgetfulness or any disability that comes with old age, I highly recommend the Atria. The Atria staff were more than 'staff'. They became a loving family within the facility. A new home where people share the joy, love and heartbreak of family and friends. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to write this review!!

Memory Care Reviews for Spring Village at Stratford

Questions about Spring Village at Stratford

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff receive 8 hours of dementia training and monthly reviews as part of elopement training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Spring Village at Stratford. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age from 56 - 102 with the median age being 84. They love the card and board games, exercise, music and social hours.

What programs or activities does Spring Village at Stratford offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily exercise, spiritual enrichment (Mass, rosary and ecumenical worship) brain games, art, sing-alongs

What places are near Spring Village at Stratford or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The residents love their "Country Drives" in the community van.

What transportation services does Spring Village at Stratford offer to assisted living residents?

Van service is currently available Monday-Friday for appointments and scheduled activities.

What makes the chef or dining program at Spring Village at Stratford exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining team works directly with the resident to ensure that their favorites are on the menu. Breakfast is always - "Made to Order". Lunch and dinner offer two entrees each meal along with an "Any Time Menu".

What safety features or security measures does Spring Village at Stratford offer to assisted living residents?

All AL residents are issued Life Line pendants and the Memory Care floors are secured and alarmed.

How does Spring Village at Stratford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Monthly newsletters, Facebook, Website and updates from the Executive Director.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Spring Village at Stratford during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to care needs with CNAs in the community 24/7, LPNs 7a-11p 7days/wk and RN M-F 9a-6p and on call 24/7

If Spring Village at Stratford accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets are welcome. Residents must be able to care for their pet and there are ample walking paths and outdoor space for them to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-services for all staff.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime Care Staff is based on care needs but averages 6-7 CNAs, 1-2 LPNs and 1 RN Overnight Care staff again is based on care needs but averages 4-5 with RN on Call. In addition to care staff, during the daytime there are 10+ activity, housekeeping and managers.

What safety features or security measures does Spring Village at Stratford provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Memory Care community is locked and alarmed. All visitors are met when entering and escorted when departing. The staff is trained monthly on elopement procedures.

What programs or activities does Spring Village at Stratford offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Music is the most popular. The residents also embrace any of their religious programs (Rosary, Mass, Songfest etc) Creating photo albums with family photos for long term memory.

The RN/SALSA conducts assessments every 120 days.

What techniques does Spring Village at Stratford use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Residents are presented visual options for meal selection. (i.e. Entrees plated and presented rather than verbal inquiry)

How does Spring Village at Stratford keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

RN and Care Coordinator are in regular contact with families by phone, email or when in community visiting their loved one.

Describe the neighborhood around Spring Village at Stratford. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The Memory Care community is strategically built on the top two floors of the community allowing for separate courtyards and a quiet backdrop for the residents. The community itself is located up the hill from a main road in town.

Is Spring Village at Stratford affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Resident families identify their hospital of choice if additional care is needed.

Costs for Spring Village at Stratford

• On Site Visiting Dentist
  • On Site Visiting Podiatrist
  • On Site Visiting Physician
  • On Site Visiting Psychotherapist

We promise compassion, respect, safety and a spiritually nurturing community of integrity for all of our residents.

Map of Spring Village at Stratford