26 Assisted Living Facilities near Fairfield, CT
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fairfield area, with 3 in Fairfield and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fairfield is $5,170 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,510. Cheaper nearby regions include Trumbull with an average starting cost of $4,312.
To help you with your search, browse the 142 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fairfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fairfield 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fairfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fairfield, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fairfield
One of Connecticut's top neighborhoods, the town of Fairfield is known for its unique character, top-ranking schools and miles of coastline. While it's home to around 62,000 residents, Fairfield still maintains a small-town feel. Of this population, more than 15% are aged 65 and older and may benefit from the care services offered in an assisted living community.
In Fairfield and throughout Connecticut, assisted living communities are split into two categories: assisted living services agencies and residential care homes (RCHs). There are 20 of these facilities in the Fairfield area, all of which are licensed by the Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fairfield
- Fairfield's low crime rates may be reassuring to seniors in assisted living communities. On a scale of 1 to 100, violent crime is rated 8.5 and property crime is 26.7. These numbers are much lower than the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories, respectively.
- Seniors on a tight budget may need to review their finances when considering Fairfield as a place to settle. At 171.9, the town's overall cost of living is significantly higher than the Connecticut average of 118.4 and the national average of 100.
- The state of Connecticut offers a tax credit for low-income seniors to help alleviate the financial stress of retirement. Seniors in Fairfield also have access to three separate town-sponsored tax relief programs, which could provide additional income for assisted living services.
- Despite its chilly winters, Fairfield's climate is considered quite good for the region. Summer months are warm, with highs in the 80s and winter temperatures only drop as low as 22 degrees. Overall, the town receives a comfort index rating of 7.2 out of 10.
- Fairfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bigelow Center for Senior Activities, an organization that provides programs and services for the town's elderly residents, including exercise classes, games, educational seminars and weekday meals.
- The Greater Bridgeport Transit Authority operates a fixed route bus service that serves the Fairfield area. The town also has a fleet of five buses dedicated to providing transportation services, for a small fee, to seniors who wish to get to the supermarket, library, senior center and medical appointments
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fairfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Fairfield start around $5,519 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fairfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fairfield
Connecticut seniors can obtain financial assistance to help cover the cost of assisted living services via Medicaid waivers and non-Medicaid programs, including the state-sponsored Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE). For seniors in living in RCHs, an optional state supplement (OSS) is available to help cover room and board costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fairfield
Fairfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fairfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fairfield
Fairfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Fairfield, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fairfield
Review of Sturges Ridge of Fairfield
Sturges Ridge of Fairfield was excellent. The tour was great, and the staff was great. Because it's assisted living, they didn't have full kitchens in any of the apartments. They also didn't have a... Read more
Review of Sturges Ridge of Fairfield
My father is currently at Sturges Ridge of Fairfield. They have very friendly staff, wonderful activities, and a very caring environment. They also have a wonderful movie theater, trips to the beac... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Fairfield
Sunrise Senior Living of Fairfield opened its doors about six months before my Mom and her husband became residents and it is a beautiful building set next to a town park where they can watch child... Read more