26 Assisted Living Facilities near Wilton, CT
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wilton area, with 3 in Wilton and 23 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wilton is $6,214 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,425. Cheaper nearby regions include Ridgefield with an average starting cost of $6,195.
To help you with your search, browse the 190 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wilton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wilton 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ridgefield with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wilton, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Wilton, CT
23 Assisted Living Facilities near Wilton, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wilton
Nestled in the Norwalk River Valley of western Connecticut, Wilton is a town of more than 18,000 with a rich history dating back to 1640. Of its residents, 15.4 percent are aged 65 years and older. Members of this demographic who require assistance with daily tasks may find the care they need at an assisted living facility, two of which are located in Wilton, with 48 more in surrounding areas.
In Wilton, and all of Connecticut, assisted living is split into two categories: assisted living services agencies and residential care homes (RCHs), both of which are licensed to operate by the Department of Public Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wilton
- For seniors concerned with safety, Wilton is a great option as crime rates are very low. On a scale of 100, with 100 meaning high crime, the town scores 6.4 for violent crime and 12.9 for property crime, which are much lower than the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories.
- At 200.4, the cost of living in Wilton far exceeds both the U.S. national average of 100 and the Connecticut average of 118.4, which may be a concern for seniors on a tight budget. The largest factor is the cost of housing, which is nearly four times higher than the U.S. average.
- For the region, Wilton has a pleasant year-round climate, receiving an overall comfort index score of 51 out of 100. Winter temperatures are usually above 20 degrees and summers are warm, with temperatures in the mid-80s, so seniors can enjoy the town's many outdoor recreational opportunities.
- Wilton has a number of transportation services dedicated to helping seniors get around. The Wilton Parks and Recreation Department runs a local Dial-A-Ride service, and the volunteer-run program FISH provides door-to-door transportation services to medical appointments. Regionally, the same services are available through Norwalk Transit District's Town-to-Town program and ITNCoastalCT.
- While it receives an overall passing grade, the American Lung Association, gives Fairfield County an F rating in terms of ozone pollution, something seniors with existing respiratory conditions may want to consider.
- The Wilton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Vincent's Medical Center and Norwalk Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness
Paying for Assisted Living in Wilton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Wilton start around $6,810 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wilton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wilton
To help seniors afford assisted living services, Connecticut offers state-funded programs in addition to Medicaid waiver programs. For those living at assisted living services agencies, the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE) can either cover the cost of care services or the full cost of a facility stay, depending on a senior's income. For seniors in RCHs, the Department of Social Services offers an optional state supplement (OSS) to cover the costs of room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wilton
Wilton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wilton, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wilton
Wilton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wilton
Review of The Greens at Cannondale
Over two years have gone by since I first reviewed the Greens, and I can still say without hesitation that my sisters and I remain thrilled and relieved by the care that our parents are receiving a... Read more
Review of Brookdale Wilton
My visit to Brookdale Wilton was a positive experience. The place was well-maintained, clean, and nicely laid-out. The location is good, because it's close to some restaurants and shopping areas. T... Read more
Review of The Greens at Cannondale
The Greens at Cannondale was beautiful and clean. I absolutely loved it. If it wasn’t so expensive, I'd move in there tomorrow. The staff member was very knowledgeable, very nice, very receptive, a... Read more