5 Assisted Living Facilities near Ridgefield, CT
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ridgefield area, with 2 in Ridgefield and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ridgefield is $5,809 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Danbury with an average starting cost of $5,515.
To help you with your search, browse the 35 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ridgefield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ridgefield 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Danbury with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ridgefield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Ridgefield, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ridgefield
Ridgefield is a serene community nestled in the foothills of the Berkshire Mountains of Connecticut. This affluent, 300-year-old city is home to the state’s only national park, Weir Farm National Historic Site, and has a medium- sized population of which 17.2 percent are seniors. These seniors are served by one assisted living facility in town and 18 more in the surrounding area. The Connecticut Department of Public Health does not license assisted living facilities individually, but it does regulate Assisted Living Service Agencies which provide services for assisted living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ridgefield
- Seniors can find plenty of arts and culture in Ridgefield at the Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum and the Keeler Tavern Museum as well as the Ridgefield Playhouse and the Ridgefield Symphony Orchestra.
- Like the rest of the Tri-state area, Ridgefield’s weather has warm, wet summers and freezing winters. Temperatures can drop to lows of 18 degrees Fahrenheit in January with snowfall of around 39 inches per year. Summers have highs of 82 degrees in July and rain falls at an average of 51 inches annually. These extreme seasonal weather conditions can have an impact on seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors.
- The cost of living in Ridgefield is 81 percent higher than the U.S. average, however, this high percentage is almost exclusively due to housing costs. Transportation costs also come in high at 45 points above national medians. Grocery and healthcare costs are comparable to U.S. averages, offering some financial relief to seniors living on a tight budget.
- Seniors can feel safe living in Ridgefield due to the very low crime rate; it is safer here than in 95 percent of other U.S. cities. Violent and property crime received scores of 18.2 and 17.4 out of 100 (high crime) respectively.
- Senior residents who don’t drive can get around town on the Bus Loop which provides free transportation to seniors. Rides for Ridgefield offers seniors access to alternative transportation options.
- Ridgefield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Commission on Aging which provides the Ridgefield Directory of Senior Services, a resource for services and opportunities for seniors as well as one other senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ridgefield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Ridgefield start around $5,809 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ridgefield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ridgefield
Seniors who are looking for financial aid for assisted living in Ridgefield can apply for Connecticut’s Assisted Living Program, a state medical waiver program within the Connecticut Home Care Program for Elders (CHCPE), and the Community First Choice Program, a program that helps Medicaid members with activities of daily living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ridgefield
Ridgefield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ridgefield, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ridgefield
Ridgefield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ridgefield
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings
Ridgefield Crossings, Ridgefield, CT is without doubt a 5+ Star facility. Every aspect of the service and care there is outstanding. My mother-in-law has had numerous physical and cognitive iss... Read more
Review of Atria Ridgefield (Now Open)
Atria Ridgefield was brand new and extremely luxurious. My mom was not able to see the activity centers because of the pandemic, and that's why she didn't pick that one. The staff was well informed... Read more
Review of Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings
I visited Benchmark Senior Living at Ridgefield Crossings. The tour was very good and very informative. The staff took me on a tour of the dining room and the common areas. I was also able to see a... Read more