Maplewood at Danbury

Reviews of Maplewood at Danbury

Assisted Living Reviews for Maplewood at Danbury

July 11, 2016

By Wendy430443

Maplewood was very beautiful, and the people were very nice. However, it was too far for me, and it was in the city, which I didn’t really like. The surrounding was very nice, it was very clean, the atmosphere was very friendly, and it was nicely decorated. The apartments were nice as well. I thought they were high priced compared to the others. They had a ton of activities scheduled.

We are so happy you took the time to review our community on this website. Thank you for sharing your findings with other families. We do have six communities total in the state of CT, including Bethel, Newtown, Orange, Darien and East Norwalk, as well as Danbury as you know. Please allow us the opportunity to perhaps visit another one of our communities, perhaps more convenient for you. We are happy to assist you finding another community, if you so choose. Thank you again and we look forward to helping you.

July 08, 2016

By Ellen204057

Maplewood at Danbury is a very nice, really clean, and new place.

Pleased to read your review. Thank you for sharing your thoughts w other readers. We are proud of our work every day and take the responsibility very seriously. Our number one concern is always resident and family care and satisfaction. Please visit us again soon.

December 29, 2015

By Caretaker4

There are a lot of positive things that come with living at Maplewood at Danbury, such as they have a podiatrist who comes in regularly, an on-site beauty salon, and a doctor and psychiatrist who visit. Pllus, they will do all the medication for you. If for some reason you are not able to bring your parent out for doctors’ appointments, they can perform these things right in their facility. It is very helpful. The public areas were lovely. They have a very good program for Alzheimer’s patients.

July 20, 2015

I did visit the Maplewood at Danbury. I thought it was a very confident staff, and I liked the facility. It was more for Alzheimer's than for what my brother needs. He needs skilled nursing, but he doesn't have dementia or Alzheimer's, and that is what they specialize in. I did think the facility was lovely, and I thought the meal plan was excellent. It just doesn't fit my brother's needs. It was very clean and didn't seem like a nursing home environment.

May 15, 2015

My mom is at Maplewood in Danbury, and the facility is beautiful. The activities are packed for all different levels. The food is amazing, and the people are really caring. I picked it because they have very high ratio of staff to residents. I didn't want my mom to be overwhelmed in a new place she can't navigate, and it has worked out perfectly. Because of the small size, they get a lot of individual attention. They get to know the other residents and the staff and vice versa rather quickly. It has memory care, and they have different levels like a continuing care community. If my mom's Dementia progresses even to full Alzheimer's, the place runs the complete gamut so she doesn't have to be moved.

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are happy that you are pleased with our community, and most importantly our wonderful staff of associates. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time to provide us with your continued feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our resident and family experience. Thank you again for your comments.

March 14, 2015

Maplewood is a relatively new place, and everything there is also first-class. It is in a more urban setting, and it is also quite expensive. I imagine the staff is good. Parking is good. I'd recommend Maplewood.

February 22, 2015

Maplewood at Danbury was clean, and everybody was lovely, but it was more expensive than where we are at right now. The residents seemed to be happy, and everything else was beautiful.

January 12, 2015

Maplewood at Danbury is very good. I liked the place because of the location and the décor. The location is right across the hospital and overlooks the cemetery. They have a garden, but it was not a big one. I was invited to eat here, and the food was good. I noticed when I visited that the residents are very active. There a lots of arts and crafts. It’s a nice facility, but it's out of our price range.

December 24, 2013

By Ron16

I spoke to a very knowledgeable and courteous individual over at Maplewood who knew a lot about assisted living. The place seemed to be very nice. The common areas were very nice as well. But it was in a very congested area and was right near the hospital. So parking was somewhat difficult. There was also lot of noise there. That kind of things turned me off.

April 14, 2013

By Anne16

Maplewood was nice. The staff was great, and they took a lot of time and explained everything to us during the tour. I thought the place was very clean and attractive.

Memory Care Reviews for Maplewood at Danbury

Questions about Maplewood at Danbury

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our affiliation and active involvement with the Alzheimer's Association ensure that our memory care program keeps up with the latest advances. All care staff is trained with Habilitation training focusing on our approach to dementia care.

What programs or activities does Maplewood at Danbury offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents can exercise their physical and mental well-being with specially curated on-site activities. To ensure residents enjoy a diverse cycle of events and recreation, we employ a full-time activities director. We offer different exercise programs such as low-impact fitness activities chair yoga and stretching classes. We provide regular musical entertainment to take a trip down memory lane. Residents enjoy regular trips and outings to local neighborhoods and towns. For residents who are reluctant to participate in social or recreational activities, we offer pet therapy as a positive and stimulating alternative. Residents may participate in recreational activities such as art classes designed to inspire and stimulate mental well-being and instructive community cooking classes. Residents can also join our gardening club. Our community activities roster includes trivia nights and regular educational lectures covering a wide range of academic topics.

What transportation services does Maplewood at Danbury offer to assisted living residents?

Complimentary transportation to local shopping, medical appointments, and more

What makes the chef or dining program at Maplewood at Danbury exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our savory menu choices feature ingredients from area farms that are delivered to our chefs daily. They joyfully go to work in our spacious kitchen, creating meals and desserts that celebrate the best of local flavor.

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Danbury offer to assisted living residents?

By strategically using contrasting colors and patterns as a way to reduce falls and increase ease of wayfinding to important spaces, our purposeful design promotes independence as long as possible. Key areas like dining rooms are conveniently located, and placing our courtyards “hacienda-style” in the middle of the building allows easy, safe access for all. Other safety features include a 24 hour emergency response system, all visitors required to sign in and out upon arrival and departure, as well as the community main doors being secured at designated times in the evening until morning.

How does Maplewood at Danbury keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep our families informed through routine plan of care meetings with our care staff, as well as monthly newsletters.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Danbury provide to protect residents who wander?

• Services for residents with Disorientation/Lack of Awareness issues ensure residents are well-directed and receive support in living a healthy lifestyle, and that no one's needs are neglected. The facility supports outdoor leisure hours. Alzheimer's and dementia may encourage wandering as a means of coping with anxiety. Our facility utilizes a locked and secured perimeter to ensure the safety of our residents. Our facilities are secure and the staff is specially trained in de-escalating exit-seeking behaviors. We accept residents with behavioral issues - our staff is specially trained in de-escalating behavioral episodes and our facilities are fully equipped to handle any related occurrences that may arise.

What programs or activities does Maplewood at Danbury offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

What techniques does Maplewood at Danbury use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

• Our dining rooms are designed for socializing and creating a multi-sensory, therapeutic experience for all—especially for those living with memory impairment, whose senses, including taste and smell, decrease over time. The open kitchen concept allows aromas to reach the residents well before the plate arrives, and the openness encourages our culinary team and residents to get to know each other. Our chefs creatively prepare dishes daily that are fresh, aromatic, and bursting with flavor to boost our residents’ moods and appetites. Our white tableware and contrasting linens enhance depth perception.

Describe the neighborhood around Maplewood at Danbury. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are minutes to New York border and Putnam and Westchester counties. We are located near Danbury Hospital.

Costs for Maplewood at Danbury

Photos of Maplewood at Danbury

Services and Amenities of Maplewood at Danbury

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room For Special Occasions

• Features Extra: Fitness Center

• Technology Extra: 24 Hour Emergency Call System

• Activities Extra: Touch Of Heart™ Brain Fitness Center

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: On Site 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week.

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• About Maplewood at Danbury

Located adjacent to Danbury Hospital, Maplewood offers three distinctive Assisted Living & Memory care programs to meet the individual needs of our residents.

Innovative and forward thinking, our enhanced healthy living programs enable our residents the ability to improve their mind, body and soul through our "Vitality Programs". Our philosophy of healthy living is incorporated through our music, massage, aromatherapy, exercise and holistic programs. We know our residents want to eat fresh not processed foods so our chef prepares healthy home-made meals using only the freshest ingredients. We use locally grown fresh produce and herbs from our own organic garden, always the freshest seafood, meats, and select seasonal foods. Maplewood is proud to offer our residents this wonderful dining experience.

As part of Maplewood's ongoing efforts we continue to forge relationships not only on a local, but national level to enhance our range of services and continue to provide the highest quality of care for the residents in our community. As part of our "partners in care" program we collectively work with the CT Alzheimer's Association, Agency on Aging, Veterans Administration and Wells Fargo Bank. Additionally, through our "neighbors in care" program Maplewood also utilizes Danbury Hospital's many services such as on-site physician's visits, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Visiting Nurses & Hospice services.

Experience first hand the difference of Maplewood at Danbury!

Map of Maplewood at Danbury