13 Assisted Living Facilities near Danbury, CT
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Danbury area, with 3 in Danbury and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Danbury is $6,048 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Southbury with an average starting cost of $4,660.
To help you with your search, browse the 106 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Danbury. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Danbury 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southbury with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Danbury, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Danbury, CT
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Danbury, CT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Danbury
Assisted living in Connecticut is available through residential care homes (RCHs) and assisted living services agencies. Both types of housing provide help with personal care, medication, recreational activities and housekeeping. The primary difference is that an assisted living services agency also provides nursing services. Danbury features two facilities to choose from. Eight more facilities are located in nearby towns, including Brookfield, Wilton, Newtown and Southbury. The monthly average cost of AL in Connecticut is $4,563 which is above the national average of $3,750.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Danbury
- The climate in Danbury is somewhat mild for the northeast. The average low in January is 19 degrees Fahrenheit, while the average high in July is 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Danbury sees about 45 inches of snowfall per year. Its varied weather may be ideal for seniors who enjoy seasonal changes.
- The crime rate is higher in Danbury than the surrounding areas, such as Brookfield, but Danbury does rank safer than 51.5 percent of U.S. cities. Violent crime in the city occurs less often than the state and national averages.
- The cost of living in Danbury is higher than average for Connecticut and the U.S. for housing, utilities and transportation. The cost of healthcare is equal to the state average but higher than the national average.
- Sales tax and income tax rates are slightly higher in Danbury than the national averages. The sales tax rate is 6.4 percent, while the income tax rate is 5 percent.
- Seniors pay half fare with HARTransit, the public transportation system serving the greater Danbury region. The system includes fixed bus routes and shuttles with easy access to popular destinations, like the Danbury Fair Mall, shopping centers and medical facilities. Seniors with disabilities may be eligible for SweetHART door-to-door transportation.
- Danbury features a thriving arts and cultural atmosphere, including a garden club, a music center and musical theater, museums and public art installations. Assisted living facilities in the area support seniors by frequently participating in these off-site activities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Danbury
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Connecticut
Assisted Living costs in Danbury start around $6,415 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Danbury and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Danbury
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Danbury
Danbury and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Danbury, please visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Danbury
Danbury-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Connecticut are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Connecticut page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Danbury, CT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Danbury
Review of Spring Village of Danbury
The staff at Spring Village at Danbury was very friendly and kind. The place seemed very clean, and they had activities for the seniors. My mom and I had lunch there, and it was very tasty. It was ... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Danbury
When it came time that my aunt and uncle could no longer live on their own safely I was referred to Maplewood at Danbury by our family attorney and I could not be more pleased. The support and gu... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Danbury
My mom has been a resident at Maplewood at Danbury for the past 18 months. My impression of Maplewood from my first visit was very positive. My impressions turned out to be correct. My interactions... Read more