Atria Larson Place

Reviews of Atria Larson Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Larson Place

March 31, 2014

By Caring71964750

Mom has been in Atria since January, but the question is whether she will stay there or not. She is maybe needing a little more than assisted living, so that's a decision that we have to make. A very comfortable facility, it's more like a hotel in appearance. The staff is friendly and helpful. She didn't like the food, but I'm not sure if she would anywhere. The rooms are very comfortable. It's much like home. Size is decent, just enough, and all her furniture is in there. She's got a dog with her, so that works out very well. There's a movie every night. There are crafts activities, all kinds of activities, but Mother's problem is that she doesn't participate in them, but that's not their fault, that's just her state of mind.

Thank you for sharing feedback on your mother’s experience. I am glad you are enjoying the staff and activities and wanted to make sure you aware that we also offer memory care at our community should that be a consideration for your family. If you would like more information on openings at Larson Place or any of our other communities in area, please reach out via customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and be sure to include "Atria Larson Place" in your subject line.

September 03, 2013

By Lisa82

My mother is a resident of Atria Larson Place in the Memory Care Unit. I have been impressed with the care and love all of the staff give to my mother. The staff take the time to get to know the residents and their families. The staff know what activities my mother enjoys and how to help her when she is feeling distressed. I appreciate all the little touches the staff do to help the residents feel at home-like having familiar activities, playing favorite music, or bringing in entertainment. They understand how to treat everyone with dignity and respect. Visiting a loved one in a care facility, having to put a family member in a facility, is not easy, but the staff at Atria Larsen make families feel welcome and ease our discomfort. Atria Larson has become my mother's home in every sense of the word, and I feel good about visiting my mother in her home. I am grateful every day for the wonderful staff at Atria Larson.

August 31, 2013

By Noady

My Mom has been at Atria for 3 years. I cannot say enough about the great care she has been given. My Mom was released from the hospital and we were told she should go to a convalescent home. She had been in her home up to this point but there were numerous trips to the hospital due to her not eating and taking her medications when and if she remembered. She would not hear of any help at all. Her hospitalization was scary since she was uncooperative. We were not sure anyone would take her but she was evaluated and accepted into the Life Guidance at Atria. The staff made her feel comfortable from the minute she arrived. When she comes to one of our family member's home for a day it is quite evident she looks forward to returning to what has become her home. The Staff members who take care of her needs know her well. She laughs with them and sometimes it seems they share their happy interactions. I was quite surprised at how good the food is, since I have been there during numerous meals. My Mom, who herself was a great cook, has said the food is good. I am pleased to say that I have seen their chair exercising. When the weather is good the group goes out for a ride or ice cream, etc. I have walked in on their singing group on Tues. evening. The place is always clean. Walls are painted when needed and rugs are replaced. My Mom is well cared for and I feel her life has been extended. Thank you to the Director and all the wonderful ladies who take care of her.

August 28, 2013

By Tracy S

My Mom has been a resident at Atria Larson Place for the past nine months. Although dementia is an awful disease, the love and care that my Mom has been given makes me feel at peace with the tough decision we had to make by initially placing her in a facility that was not her home. Over the past nine months, Atria became her home. She is surrounded by staff that genuinely love and care for her as if she were their mother. The Life Guidance Director goes above and beyond to make sure we are informed on all issues. Not only does she care for my Mom, but she worries about the families of the residents as well. The CNA's are well-trained with the dementia disease and the residents are shown respect, love, and tenderness. if my Mom cannot live home, there is no other place I would rather see her live. We know firsthand that not all facilities are at the Atria Larson Place standards, given the fact that we removed my Mom from a precious home for neglect.

July 31, 2013

By Scott6

My dad used to stay at Atria Larson Place. We chose them at the time because they said they could handle and take care of him. However, he wasn't even there a week and they threw him out. I had to pay $3,600 in community fees and they wouldn't give any of it back. I wouldn't recommend that place to anybody. Although the living environment was okay, their staff was terrible. They were like the Gestapo. My dad was in the Alzheimer's wing and their food was not very good. I thought they were just left-overs from the other side. They had activities like exercise that some of the people participated in, but most of them did not. They have to learn to work with the patients better.

Please accept our apologies for your negative experience with our community. Each new resident receives a functional needs assessment from a licensed nurse at move-in and periodically thereafter. These assessments help us tailor care to individual needs. A health and wellness assessment fee is charged at that time. If the resident’s needs change at any time, be that one week or one year after moving in, the family is consulted so that they may consider their options. Although I do not know at what time your father stayed with us, I can assure you that our memory care program is constantly evaluated to ensure that we are providing the very best care and services, including activities and culinary options. We would like to update you on any changes our community may have undergone since your father was a resident. Please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and include the Atria community name in your subject line.

June 13, 2013

By Robert29

Atria Larson was a little bit too run down. I was not impressed with their Dementia Unit. The staff weren't that very friendly. There were a lot of things that needed some touchups and repair, but the facility was okay.

Thank you for your feedback on our community and I am sorry to hear that you found our Life Guidance memory care staff to be anything less than welcoming. We will certainly look into this further, and we are also re-evaluating the appearance of our community to make sure that we make the very best first impression every time. If you would like to provide additional details on your visit, please contact us at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com. And we would love for you to visit us again soon.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Larson Place

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: ALSA.0000161

About Atria Larson Place

Atria Larson Place is a warm, welcoming community with all the comforts of home. Socialize in our bright, large common areas and enjoy diverse activities that allow you to pursue your interests and discover new ones. Located directly across from beautiful Lake Whitney, Atria Larson Place is close to state parks, the ocean, and many cultural attractions in downtown New Haven, including theaters, museums and shopping centers.

Atria Larson Place offers the following services:

• Staff available 24-hours a day
  • Choice of apartments
  • Anytime Cafe
  • Full-time director of events and activities
  • Emergency call system in every apartment
  • Daily restaurant-style meals
  • Housekeeping services
  • Maintenance of apartment, community and grounds
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled transportation
  • Memory Care - Life Guidance

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Larson Place