The Greens at Cannondale

Reviews of The Greens at Cannondale

Assisted Living Reviews for The Greens at Cannondale

October 30, 2015

By HappyDaughters

My parents have been at the Greens for a year and our family has been very very pleased. While it is expensive, our parents are receiving tremendous care. The aides assigned to them (part of the perks of their particular living arrangement) assume responsibility for my parents, and treat them with great patience and kindness. I am at the Greens a lot and have personally observed that other residents are also treated with kindness and caring by aides, nurses, administrators, dining room staff, and recreation and transportation personnel. From the very beginning, our family felt at home in the comfortable and elegant surroundings at the Greens and that has only grown over time. My parents (and I) have also really enjoyed the delicious food (the Italian chef is wonderful and also very sweet to the residents). The live piano music at meals and frequently at other times during the day further enhance the quality of life. My mom has also enjoyed Bingo and jewelry making (very good quality materials). The Greens does not skimp on quality or nickel and dime families. This again makes for a more homelike feeling in which staff demonstrate genuine concern for residents' happiness and well being. My sisters and I are so relieved and grateful we have found the perfect place for our parents.

June 10, 2014

My parents are most interested in the Greens. Their programming is the most complete. It's the most inclusive, and they are the most able-bodied people that my mother felt more of a connection with. The staff is fine. They give you the answers you need to know. We have been there three or four times now, and one time did include a meal. The food was OK.

January 29, 2014

By lyssaszoo

Felt very large and impersonal to me. People didn't seem to interact - we would walk down halls or into rooms (sometimes occupied ones, without asking the residents, which I thought was strange), and there was no interaction whatsoever among staff and residents. The "activity" while we toured was watching television - with a staff member sitting at a keyboard and changing channels on request (not what I would consider interactive). At one point, I noticed staff sitting in a corner in the dining room eating, totally ignoring the residents who were sitting a few feet away, in the same room. Wall-to-wall carpet throughout, which may explain the strong scent of air freshener I smelled - not appealing. Half of the facility has been renovated so those apartments have updated bathrooms with large shower stalls (including glass doors and a built-in bench), but the older half of the building and the main common areas looked extremely dated to me. Each apartment has a kitchenette with apartment-sized refrigerator, microwave and stovetop (which are covered in the secured unit). We toured because a friend's mother recently moved in - but I wouldn't consider it a strong care facility for our mother's needs: not enough interaction and a low level of engagement in activities.

November 08, 2012

By Aard Rinn

I was very impressed with the condition of the facility. It was clean and well kept, and had plenty of staff on hand. The staff seemed friendly, and they let us bring my grandfather a cheesecake for his birthday, which some places won't. They also came and sang a birthday song for him, which I thought was a nice touch. My grandfather was less than happy to be in a nursing home, as he's a very independent man, and doesn't like being cooped up for more than a day or two, but they made sure he had his tablet and his newspaper every morning, and took him around the grounds every day, which is important with his physical therapy. All in all, a good facility from what I saw of it. The only real issue is that they didn't have good wi-fi/computer usage for the residents, which some might mind, I'm sure.

Costs for The Greens at Cannondale

Photos of The Greens at Cannondale

Services and Amenities of The Greens at Cannondale

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• State Licenses: AL-0025

• About The Greens at Cannondale

Nestled in the very heart of Fairfield County, The Greens at Cannondale is the area’s premier Assisted Living and Memory Care community. For over 15 years we have been providing our residents exceptional care in an innovative and elegant environment. As a family owned facility we pride ourselves on our unique, individualized amenities. The services offered to allow our residents a feeling of independence while creating a safe environment where they have the opportunity to thrive socially, cognitively and physically. Our purpose of enhancing the quality of life for our aging population grants us the opportunity to develop strong relationships with our residents, and their loved ones, giving all those involved peace of mind and the security that The Greens at Cannondale is the right place to call home.

Moving Mom or Dad from home to a communal setting can be difficult, but it is often the best option. At The Greens at Cannondale assisted living community in Wilton, Connecticut, residents can “live better” thanks to proper nutrition, a warm, inviting social life, frequent opportunities for mental stimulation, enjoyable recreational programs, and regular physical activity––all rejuvenating the mind, body, and spirit.

The Greens at Cannondale’s two-and-a-half stories sit on 10 acres of landscaped grounds on Route 7 in Wilton, Connecticut.

The Greens features large, well-appointed common areas––up to 50 percent more space than in many other assisted living communities. Our state-of-the-art media center includes a nine-foot screen, overhead projector, 10-speaker sound system and cameras to record and/or simulcast programs on the Internet. A large room dedicated to art projects provides space for painting, jewelry-making and other crafts. The library offers daily newspapers, weekly magazines and access to our computers.

The stately courtyard contains plantings, installed under the guidance of the Connecticut Audubon Society, that attract seasonal birds and their soothing sounds. In conjunction with the Audubon Society, The Greens created Bird Tales, a distinguished program that also teaches residents about many of the types of birds that visit.

The 10-acre site features landscaped walks around the entire building. Combined with the paths of the adjacent Wilton Meadows Health and Rehabilitation Center, the grounds offer residents a picturesque one-half-hour stroll around the property. Annuals, perennials, shrubs and deciduous and evergreen trees provide year-round sensory pleasures.

Please give us a call to schedule a tour of The Greens at Cannondale. We look forward to assisting you in enhancing the quality of life for someone you love.

Map of The Greens at Cannondale