St. Louis suburb Florissant, MO, is home to 50,952 residents, and 13.7% are aged 65 or older. Seniors here can turn to Northwest HealthCare and Christian Hospital for a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. According to Genworth Financial’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey, nursing home costs in Florissant are relatively low. A semiprivate room in this city carries an average cost of $5,355 per month, compared to the national average of $7,756.

Nursing homes help ensure that seniors receive general and specialized health services and access to resources not often available at home. Health care professionals are on staff around the clock, and residents receive daily meals, socialization and housekeeping assistance. Due to these features, nursing homes typically cost substantially more than other senior living accommodations. Assisted living or home health care can provide more economical and suitable levels of care for those who don’t require 24-hour skilled nursing care.

This guide discusses different care types in Florissant and their costs. It also covers local resources available for the city’s elders and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Florissant, MO

The Valley

6768 N. Hwy 67, Florissant, MO, 63034

StoneBridge Senior Living was very nice. They had individual houses and apartments and a section where people needed assistance. They had four different levels of living arrangements there. I saw one … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services

1200 Graham Road, Florissant, MO, 63031

I loved this facility my grandmother was on the rehab division and she was Nursed back to good health….she since has passed but while at Manorcare she was provided excellent nursing care

Northgate Park Nursing Home

250 New Florissant Road South , Florissant, MO, 63031

I went to Crystal Creek (Northgate). My immediate impression was not good. The place was dirty on the outside and loud and dirty on the inside. Their gathering room with their big TV was right there a … (read more)

The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center

13700 Old Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, MO, 63033

The facility smells like urine. They have gnats, and flies bad!!! This is the projects of nursing home facilities. While you’re visiting your family member, you are also fighting off the flies and g … (read more)

Rancho Manor Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

615 RANCHO LANE, Florissant, MO, 63031

We went to Rancho Manor, and I saw that it was very outdated as far as their décor. The colors were dull and old fashioned. The staff that we spoke to was very cheerful about being there. They though … (read more)

Crestwood Health and Rehabilitation Center

11400 MEHL AVENUE, Florissant, MO, 63033

Crestwood Health Care Center is about one block from my home and I have passed by it on numerous occassions. I have never had a reason to visit this facility until my sister had a stroke and needed t … (read more)

St Sophia Health & Rehabilitation Center

936 CHARBONIER ROAD, Florissant, MO, 63031

This facility is located at 936 Charbonier Rd. Florissant, Mo. This facility is unsanitary, smells of urine, residents toilets covered with feces, lazy uncaring staff, bad food, poor management. Int … (read more)

Delmar Gardens North

4401 Parker Road, Florissant, MO, 63033

Delmar Gardens North looks like there’s a lot of things that are out there just for show. I don’t know if the staff is fully staffed. It feels like the place is good to walk into and when you take the … (read more)

StoneBridge Senior Living – Maryland Heights

2963 Doddridge Avenue, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043

We chose StoneBridge Senior Living – Maryland Heights for my father because they had Medicaid beds available, the staff there that I met was very helpful, and it was close to where I was living, so th … (read more)

Bentleys Extended Care

3060 ASHBY ROAD, Saint Louis, MO, 63114

I’ve been in rehab at Bentleys Extended Care. The nurses are good and everything. The food is not good because I’m vegetarian and lactose intolerant. Some of the people here are OK, but most of them d … (read more)

The Sarah Community

3393 McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, MO, 63044

I had a cousin in The Sarah Community. She passed away a year ago. She was in nursing and she was on private pay and I think it makes a big, big difference. The staff was very friendly and they liked … (read more)

Ssm Depaul Health Center

12303 DEPAUL DRIVE, Bridgeton, MO, 63044

Ssm DePaul Health Center was absolutely wonderful. They were just great.
Ssm DePaul Health Center was absolutely wonderful. They were just great.

SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital – Bridgeton

12380 DePaul Drive, Bridgeton, MO, 63044

SSM Health Rehabilitation Hospital – Bridgeton was wonderful and did so much for my husband. He’s walking a whole lot better now. He was there for acute rehab and got over 3 hours of therapy every day … (read more)

NHC Healthcare Maryland Heights

2920 Fee Fee Road, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043

The nursing staff at NHC Healthcare, Maryland Heights is very attentive to my dad’s needs. He’s not an easy patient but they are very helpful, patient, and kind to him. They’re very prompt with their … (read more)

Arbor Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

800 Chambers Road, Ferguson, MO, 63135

My mother is in Arbor Hills Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. It’s nice and clean. I haven’t seen anything wrong yet. The staff is on point. They’ve got some things they’re working on, but from what … (read more)

Mother of Good Counsel Home

6825 Natural Bridge Road, St. Louis, MO, 63121

I’ve moved my brother into Mother of Good Counsel Home. This place is 20 minutes from my house. They can handle his trachea and they had a bed. He’s reasonably stable, but he’s critically ill. I had t … (read more)

St Ann Assisted Living Residence

10441 International Plaza Dr, Saint Ann, MO, 63074

The facility itself was relatively clean, although it seemed like it could have been cleaner. The whole building did not have a good odor. Although I do not have anything to compare it to, I just fe … (read more)

Christian Extended Care & Rehabilitation

11160 Village North Drive, Saint Louis, MO, 63136

My mom is at Christian Extended Care & Rehabilitation for rehab. Majority of the staff is fine and very attentive. I just think they’re very short-staffed. She doesn’t get changed as quickly as I … (read more)

Green Valley Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

610 PRIGGE ROAD, Saint Louis, MO, 63138

GREAT PLACE , MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER LOVES IT THERE
GREAT PLACE , MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER LOVES IT THERE

St Johns Place

3333 BROWN ROAD, Saint Louis, MO, 63114

My sister put my mother in St. Johns Place. I’ve visited her a few times and the facility is always clean. It’s well maintained and it doesn’t smell, and that was a big thing that surprised me because … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Florissant, MO

In Florissant, nursing home semiprivate rooms cost an average of $5,355 per month. Private rooms cost an average of $6,479.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Calculating average monthly rates for semiprivate rooms for comparison, Florissant’s prices are about $2,400 below costs in the average American city. However, Florissant’s fees are $275 higher than Missouri’s statewide average of $5,080.

Florissant’s nursing home costs are in the midrange among cities across Missouri. Seniors in St. Joseph and Cape Girardeau pay less with monthly averages of $4,867 and $5,171, respectively. Joplin’s facilities, on the other hand, charge an average of $211 more monthly than those in Florissant. The most expensive city in the state for this living arrangement, Kansas City, sees a median cost of $6,844, almost $1,490 more than Florissant’s average.

$5355

Joplin

$6844

Kansas City

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

For many families in Florissant, cost comparisons are an integral part of exploring placement options for their frail loved ones. In this city, adult day health care is the most affordable choice, with an average of $1,842 per month. The next most financially feasible arrangement is assisted living, which has a monthly median rate of $3,750. Home care and home health care services each cost $4,481. Prices increase dramatically for nursing home care: a semiprivate room costs an average of $5,355, and a private room costs $6,479 per month.

$1842

Home care

$4481

Home health care

$5355

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6479

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Florissant was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, St. Louis, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Florissant, MO

Free Resources for Seniors in Florissant, MO

Florissant’s seniors and their caregivers can reach out to the following resources for information and support. They may provide alternatives to nursing home care, making it possible to remain in the community. These services can also help prepare elders for a transition to a long-term care facility once it becomes necessary.

ResourceContactService
Aging Ahead(636) 207-0847Aging Ahead, the Mid-East Area Agency on Aging, offers and coordinates programs to help keep seniors independent and engaged. Their Community Options Specialists connect older adults with in-home services, health insurance counseling, home-delivered meals, transportation and caregiver support. Information and assistance are also available for long-term care, legal services and elder abuse concerns.
Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc. (CAASTLC)(314) 863-0015CAASTLC links households in need with vital resources to stay healthy and comfortable. This agency helps clients apply for health insurance, find food through its Pantry program and receive rent or mortgage assistance. CAASTLC administers weatherization and energy assistance programs, housing repair initiatives and supplemental funding for water services.
North County Meals on Wheels(314) 953-6800North County Meals on Wheels delivers meals to homebound individuals who cannot shop for or prepare their own food. Volunteers bring nutritious meals each weekday, and the agency bills clients a nominal fee.
Lutheran Senior Services (LSS)(314) 446-2475The trained Elder Care Specialists at LSS can provide confidential answers to aging-related questions. They can also assess the needs of seniors aged 60 and over and offer referrals to community resources, including geriatric care management, homemaker services, Medicare and Medicaid, respite care and residential or skilled nursing facilities. LSS offers these services on a sliding scale or free of charge.
Florissant Local Elderly Resident Transportation (F.L.E.R.T.)(314) 839-7605F.L.E.R.T. offers curb-to-curb bus transportation to Florissant seniors. The program runs during business hours on weekdays with limited use on weekends. Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance. A wheelchair-accessible vehicle is available.