St. Louis suburb Florissant, MO, is home to 50,952 residents, and 13.7% are aged 65 or older. Seniors here can turn to Northwest HealthCare and Christian Hospital for a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services. According to Genworth Financial’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey, nursing home costs in Florissant are relatively low. A semiprivate room in this city carries an average cost of $5,355 per month, compared to the national average of $7,756.

Nursing homes help ensure that seniors receive general and specialized health services and access to resources not often available at home. Health care professionals are on staff around the clock, and residents receive daily meals, socialization and housekeeping assistance. Due to these features, nursing homes typically cost substantially more than other senior living accommodations. Assisted living or home health care can provide more economical and suitable levels of care for those who don’t require 24-hour skilled nursing care.

This guide discusses different care types in Florissant and their costs. It also covers local resources available for the city’s elders and their families.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Florissant, MO

The Valley

6768 N. Hwy 67, Florissant, MO, 63034

StoneBridge Senior Living was very nice. They had individual houses and apartments and a section where people needed assistance. They had four different levels of living arrangements there. I saw one … (read more)

The Pillars of North County Health & Rehab Center

13700 Old Halls Ferry Road, Florissant, MO, 63033

My sister is a resident of The Pillars of North County Nursing & Rehab, but she’s very unhappy there. The food is nasty and the care is not too well either, because the aides have an attitude. The … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services

1200 Graham Road, Florissant, MO, 63031

I loved this facility my grandmother was on the rehab division and she was Nursed back to good health….she since has passed but while at Manorcare she was provided excellent nursing care

St Sophia Health & Rehabilitation Center

936 CHARBONIER ROAD, Florissant, MO, 63031

My dad was there short term great staff and the PT and OT is amazing
My dad was there short term great staff and the PT and OT is amazing

Northgate Park Nursing Home

250 New Florissant Road South , Florissant, MO, 63031

I went to Crystal Creek (Northgate). My immediate impression was not good. The place was dirty on the outside and loud and dirty on the inside. Their gathering room with their big TV was right there a … (read more)

Rancho Manor Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center

615 RANCHO LANE, Florissant, MO, 63031

We went to Rancho Manor, and I saw that it was very outdated as far as their décor. The colors were dull and old fashioned. The staff that we spoke to was very cheerful about being there. They though … (read more)

Crestwood Health and Rehabilitation Center

11400 MEHL AVENUE, Florissant, MO, 63033

Crestwood Health Care Center is about one block from my home and I have passed by it on numerous occassions. I have never had a reason to visit this facility until my sister had a stroke and needed t … (read more)

StoneBridge Senior Living – Maryland Heights

2963 Doddridge Avenue, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043

StoneBridge in Maryland Heights was very nice. It was pretty, but I think they were geared more towards memory care. It was a brief visit and what I saw was an empty unit because they were doing some … (read more)

The Sarah Community

3393 McKelvey Rd., Bridgeton, MO, 63044

I went to The Sarah Community. It was significantly more than the other place. The staff was very pleasant, and a resident also was in the lobby. She spoke up and said, "This is the best place in the … (read more)

Ssm Depaul Health Center

12303 DEPAUL DRIVE, Bridgeton, MO, 63044

Ssm DePaul Health Center was absolutely wonderful. They were just great.
Ssm DePaul Health Center was absolutely wonderful. They were just great.

Bentleys Extended Care

3060 ASHBY ROAD, Saint Louis, MO, 63114

The staff is great and love the care my mom receives. I highly recommend this facility.

NHC Healthcare Maryland Heights

2920 Fee Fee Road, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043

We chose NHC Healthcare Maryland Heights for my mother because the reviews were very nice. They either had really good or really bad ratings, and it seemed like most of the bad ones are just people th … (read more)

Village North Retirement Community

11160 Village North Drive, Saint Louis, MO, 63136

My 81 year old mother has been living in the long term care portion of this facility since July 2016. She has adjusted very well and the staff is very kind to her. The facility is extremely clean. We … (read more)

St Ann Assisted Living Residence

10441 International Plaza Dr, Saint Ann, MO, 63074

The facility itself was relatively clean, although it seemed like it could have been cleaner. The whole building did not have a good odor. Although I do not have anything to compare it to, I just fe … (read more)

Green Valley Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

610 PRIGGE ROAD, Saint Louis, MO, 63138

GREAT PLACE , MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER LOVES IT THERE
GREAT PLACE , MY GREAT GRANDMOTHER LOVES IT THERE

Christian Care Home

800 CHAMBERS ROAD, Ferguson, MO, 63135

The facility is clean and well staffed. The staff is very friendly and they remember the visitors. There was some recent construction at Christian Care Home making many improvements. The facility inte … (read more)

Mother of Good Counsel Home

6825 Natural Bridge Road, St. Louis, MO, 63121

My mom is in Mother of Good Counsel Home. It is very clean and very responsive to concerns, it has got a faith-filled atmosphere, the food is good, and they have some incredible staff. I have been to … (read more)

Aperion Care Hidden Lake

11728 Hidden Lake Dr, Saint Louis, MO, 63138

My father was here for two weeks before going back to the hospital — and when he came out of the hospital we placed him somewhere else. The young manager who gives the tour did a great sales job, a … (read more)

St Johns Place

3333 BROWN ROAD, Saint Louis, MO, 63114

Truly a wonderful nursing home to have your love ones in the nurses are very caring the director of nursing is amazing and the CNAs are very exceptional

Bent- Wood Nursing Center

1501 Charbonier Road, Saint Louis, MO, 63031

My uncle is there.. he tells me it’s been over a week since he was last showered and they constantly give him food that causes him to vomit.., I’m only meeting him in the dinning room cause I’m … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Florissant, MO

In Florissant, nursing home semiprivate rooms cost an average of $5,355 per month. Private rooms cost an average of $6,479.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Calculating average monthly rates for semiprivate rooms for comparison, Florissant’s prices are about $2,400 below costs in the average American city. However, Florissant’s fees are $275 higher than Missouri’s statewide average of $5,080.

Florissant’s nursing home costs are in the midrange among cities across Missouri. Seniors in St. Joseph and Cape Girardeau pay less with monthly averages of $4,867 and $5,171, respectively. Joplin’s facilities, on the other hand, charge an average of $211 more monthly than those in Florissant. The most expensive city in the state for this living arrangement, Kansas City, sees a median cost of $6,844, almost $1,490 more than Florissant’s average.

$5355

Joplin

$6844

Kansas City

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

For many families in Florissant, cost comparisons are an integral part of exploring placement options for their frail loved ones. In this city, adult day health care is the most affordable choice, with an average of $1,842 per month. The next most financially feasible arrangement is assisted living, which has a monthly median rate of $3,750. Home care and home health care services each cost $4,481. Prices increase dramatically for nursing home care: a semiprivate room costs an average of $5,355, and a private room costs $6,479 per month.

$1842

Home care

$4481

Home health care

$5355

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6479

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Florissant was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, St. Louis, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Florissant, MO

Free Resources for Seniors in Florissant, MO

Florissant’s seniors and their caregivers can reach out to the following resources for information and support. They may provide alternatives to nursing home care, making it possible to remain in the community. These services can also help prepare elders for a transition to a long-term care facility once it becomes necessary.

ResourceContactService
Aging Ahead(636) 207-0847Aging Ahead, the Mid-East Area Agency on Aging, offers and coordinates programs to help keep seniors independent and engaged. Their Community Options Specialists connect older adults with in-home services, health insurance counseling, home-delivered meals, transportation and caregiver support. Information and assistance are also available for long-term care, legal services and elder abuse concerns.
Community Action Agency of St. Louis County, Inc. (CAASTLC)(314) 863-0015CAASTLC links households in need with vital resources to stay healthy and comfortable. This agency helps clients apply for health insurance, find food through its Pantry program and receive rent or mortgage assistance. CAASTLC administers weatherization and energy assistance programs, housing repair initiatives and supplemental funding for water services.
North County Meals on Wheels(314) 953-6800North County Meals on Wheels delivers meals to homebound individuals who cannot shop for or prepare their own food. Volunteers bring nutritious meals each weekday, and the agency bills clients a nominal fee.
Lutheran Senior Services (LSS)(314) 446-2475The trained Elder Care Specialists at LSS can provide confidential answers to aging-related questions. They can also assess the needs of seniors aged 60 and over and offer referrals to community resources, including geriatric care management, homemaker services, Medicare and Medicaid, respite care and residential or skilled nursing facilities. LSS offers these services on a sliding scale or free of charge.
Florissant Local Elderly Resident Transportation (F.L.E.R.T.)(314) 839-7605F.L.E.R.T. offers curb-to-curb bus transportation to Florissant seniors. The program runs during business hours on weekdays with limited use on weekends. Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance. A wheelchair-accessible vehicle is available.