Deerwood Place

Reviews of Deerwood Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Deerwood Place

May 14, 2013

By Susan43

Some one referred Deerwood Place and I went for a visit. I would never put anybody there. The rooms were bingy, dark and small. The bathrooms which were attached to the individual units were old, had rusty faucets and chipped sinks. The dining hall was not very well-put together. It was just nasty. The lighting and bathrooms should be improved. I saw that there was construction in one of the gathering room but I did not know if they were doing the whole place or not.

April 09, 2012

By Sirron

The buildings are very nice is kept up very well both inside and outside. The grounds are landscaped nicely and obviously maintained professionally. There are many events available to the residents to ensure they are never bored. They all seemed to be excited for the day and eager to take part in the community. There was Bingo and other "gambling" games weekly along with special events for the holidays. However, the common areas sometimes seemed to be too small to accommodate the amount of people who were in them especially when many were in wheelchairs. The food was good and complimented on by many residents. Volunteers were used to host many events and while they seemed good with the residents I think more hired caretakers were necessary. Overall, I would recommend the facility to my family especially because the prices are competitive. My relative in it was always in good spirits despite her ailments.

About Deerwood Place

Deerwood Place is a senior living provider in Jacksonville, Florida that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Deerwood Place for more details on services and rates.

Map of Deerwood Place