Fountains at Mill Cove

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

9960 Atrium Way, Jacksonville, FL 32225
Fountains at Mill Cove (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Fountains at Mill Cove

Assisted Living Reviews for Fountains at Mill Cove

October 06, 2020

By Steven

Fountains Residence at Mill Cove (Formerly Brookdale Atrium Way) was a big facility, and my mother had a long way to walk to the dining hall. I had a virtual tour, and they showed me everything I needed to see. My uncle lived there for a while, so I was able to see what it was all about when he went there. He started off independent, and then he went to assisted living. They had a lot of things going on there for the residents to enjoy. The location would've been better for us because it's only a couple miles from where my sister and I both live. The outdoor space was pretty good sized. He never complained about the food there.

July 17, 2017

By Joseph G

We visited and everybody seemed busy, but not too busy to smile and be friendly. It was homey and comfortable from the get-go. It was big and they had exercise rooms, a courtyard, a swimming pool, an auditorium, and a cafe room.

October 27, 2016

By Shirley046147

It was nice, and the staff seemed friendly and knowledgeable.

March 08, 2016

By Jordan5

It was a very beautiful place; it’s immaculate. The people were very nice. It was a clean place where I would feel comfortable having mom to live. Staff seemed to be friendly, and most especially it’s close to home.

January 28, 2016

By A Fellow Reviewer43

This community is the same as the other facility I visited. The rooms were homey. As for activities, the residents look at questions on a TV screen, and they have to decide which choice is the correct answer. If they get the right answer, then they get a star, and if it’s the wrong answer, they have to rethink it. It is like a memory-type thing. They have a small grocery store there, too.

September 28, 2015

It seems to be a good community, and everybody has been really nice. My friend seems to be pretty happy. They have a lot of activities, and they seemed to be really caring about her. She has a one-bedroom, one bath, a combined living and kitchen area, and a little patio area. They have music that comes to the facility, they have Bingo, and they take them to shopping and doctor’s appointments. She said the food is pretty good.

April 27, 2015

The staff has the biggest heart, and they are all about trying to get everybody what they need. My grandmother's room is quite large. They have lot of amenities for their residents.

November 30, 2014

I didn't like the fact that you have to eat with the same people three meals a day. All the staff was very accommodating, and they were very nice. The rooms were smaller than some of the places I visited. The dining room was very nice.

November 11, 2014

By Michelle96390650

Our experience with this community was fine. The staff were very helpful, and the rooms were nice. They do have activities, but I can't remember them anymore.

May 29, 2014

It smelled fine. The rooms are comfortable. The food is satisfactory. The staff is nice enough. I like that there was space available.

November 27, 2013

By Caring72009350

I like this community. The facility is very clean, very bright, very well decorated. The lady who showed me around was very knowledgeable and very professional. On the time I was there, they had a King Fish contest and they also had a picnic lunch. They also take the residents to shopping, movies, and to the malls. The people are very professional. They had a beauty parlor there and different things; and physical therapy if she needed it. It seemed pretty complete.

August 25, 2013

By Wayne1

I thought it was a very nice place. The staff was very helpful, polite, informative and very accommodating. The food was good. The whole facility's lay out was beautifully done. The rooms were beautiful. My dad loved it and there's nothing that I did not like about it.

June 17, 2013

By Gertha

I paid a visit and it looked clean. The staff were very helpful. It was a nice facility.

May 15, 2013

By caring0506113

It was very nice, very clean, and the staff was very professional. But dad wanted to be closer to my mother who is in Atlanta.

May 14, 2013

By Susan43

I looked for a place for my mom and I visited this community. It was a beautiful and wonderful place. The staff were caring and helpful. The rooms were bright and spacious, and the hallways were easily navigate able. There were music, games, dining, they celebrate birthdays of the residents, etc. Over all, it was a nice facility.

Independent Living Reviews for Fountains at Mill Cove

August 22, 2021

By Glenn

I liked the apartments at Fountains at Mill Cove. They weren't as nice as the other one we visited, but they were adequate and people were very nice. They were having an ice cream social in the middle of the day. The ladies took me around and introduced me to the residents. All of them were saying, "This is where you need to be." They also give you three meals a day, electricity, phone, and weekly housekeeping. They would come in once a week to clean the place, change and wash your sheets, and put them back on. The staff was just very, very, very good. Courtney was really good as well. The place was as clean as it could be. They had a patio and all, but no pool.

Hi Glenn, Thank you for your rating and review! We're so happy you had an amazing tour experience!

August 14, 2021

By Jeff

We are hoping to move my mom into Fountains at Mill Cove this week. She'll be in independent living. The process of moving, giving information, following up and all that is going great. I've seen the place and it's clean and well-kept, very roomy, the people are very pleasant to be around and everybody's friendly. They've shown us the activities that they can do, and there's a lot there. They have crafts, bingo, reading, outings, and social events. They have an atrium that is sunlit, but close to the outside, so it's a very bright area, with a pond in there. A very pleasant place to sit in.

Thank you for the star rating! The team at Fountains at Mill Cove is grateful for your support!

June 22, 2021

By Al

They've got an excellent staff here in Fountains at Mill Cove. They've shown me the ropes, so to speak. They even helped me fill out all the forms that I had to fill out for my veteran's benefits. They have tons of activities every day, good food, and friendly people. People go out and walk, they have another activity where you walk your dog too. They have a shuttle that will take you to church on Sundays. They have a Daily Chronicle, which is like a little newsletter, it lets you know what's going on. They also have something called a Nature Walk, crossword puzzles, a wheelchair, and walker repair. We have popcorn, usually about 1:30 every other day. They have bingo, card games, and shopping trips 3 or 4 times a week. They have a scooter school so if you get a scooter from either your own accord or through the government, they have a little school that they show you how to operate it, how to put on the gas, put on the brakes, and how to steer it. They have a menu chat where you can talk about the menu and what you like and what you don't like. They have what they call the Wii bowling, the brain twister, and pet therapy, where those who don't have animals can go and they bring dogs in and you can pet them. They have arts and crafts and they just have a bunch of stuff here. They have a resident council too. They have a party coming up this weekend called the Spring Festival. They also have what they call compassionate moments discussion, they have grief support in case you have lost a family member and they also have what they call the calming arch. They have an active committee and a drive-in movie. They got just about everything you might want to find in a community. There's a river that runs through the facility here and you can go out, they've got an island out there where you can go out and fish. They have gardening, you can go out and you can plant and take good care of it. They got dominoes, cards, and you name it. I have one of the smaller rooms, by choice, but it's very large for just a kitchen and a bed. It's almost 500 square feet. There's a nice balcony that you can go out to and overlooks the lake. I'm very satisfied with it. The food's good, it's fresh and well-cooked. They offer a wide variety of choices at every meal, they'll give you a menu and you just pick off the menu what you want. They have a couple of different entrees and they have all sorts of drinks like lemonade, iced tea, milk, and water.

January 22, 2021

By Frank

My sister is moving out of Fountains at Mill Cove to go to Colorado to her son's house. She has been there for two months now. It's a large, nice-looking place. However, she is not happy there because it's too restricted for her lifestyle. Part of it is because of Covid, but the general gist is that she isn't happy. She doesn't like the food either. She isn't happy with the age of the people that are there. They are all older than her. I don't have any problems with the staff members. She has a 1-bedroom apartment, but they have a variety of rooms. They have a bingo and the usual things you see in a nursing home, but it's rather restrictive because of Covid. The staff is fine. The facility is laid out in a large area, and it's made for a lot of walking. I would give the activities a 2 because of Covid right now; it's probably better then.

November 18, 2018

By Diana

I liked it. They have a really good and beautiful facility. It's great except that I need to cook my own food. The apartments are nice but there's not kitchen, and I can't be without a kitchen. The staff members were beautiful people, friendly, and so helpful, so it was a neat and great experience. The place is really pretty, which is what attracted me to it. I saw the picture and I went and it really is pretty and nice. The community is nice and they're very busy people. I noticed that they do a lot of things. It's perfect for a person who needs that kind of living. What impressed me the most was the way the staff caters to their residents. You get the cleaning and laundry done. I really think it's a great place.

November 17, 2017

By Carol

We moved in yesterday at Brookdale Atrium Way. So far, it's fine. The place is very clean and very caring. The staff is excellent. They're very friendly, very knowledgeable, and very helpful so far. The food is excellent too.

December 20, 2015

By Melissa33

We liked it, but we decided not to do anything at this particular point. We had lunch there, and the food was very good. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were small, especially for two, and they didn't have anything available in a two-bedroom, which is what we were looking for.

December 10, 2015

By Becky M.

My parents are in this community. They're all friendly, and it's very clean. They provide all of the meals, which are pretty good. The apartments are very nice. It is near a lot of places and shopping areas, and there's a bus that takes them shopping if they want to sign up to go at certain times. It's a nice area. They're finding things that interest them little by little, but they have a lot of activities.

September 06, 2015

My parents are here. The staff is very nice, and they seem to be helpful. They are in a two-bedroom apartment, and it is nice. They have card games, ice cream parties, church services, music nights, and movie nights. They also have free transportation to go to different places during the week. I like that it is pretty and inviting, the dining room is beautiful, the staff seems to try to be helpful, and it is pretty clean.

June 29, 2015

We visited. The rooms were fine, and the staff were all very good.

May 08, 2015

I think the staff is OK. They are knowledgeable. The rooms are nice. They are a little spacious. They are not the cleanest, but they are OK. They have a lot of activities. They have bingo, a weight room, and arts & crafts. They have a lot of stuff. I like that it is convenient and reasonable.

June 29, 2013

By Patti5

I chose it because it's closer to where I live and after my mom had gotten out of the hospital for a surgery, they had put her on a rehab side at the Atrium and we liked it. Now she is in the independent living side of the facility. The staff was very professional and everyone is very, very friend. I think they are doing a great job. They have bingo, bowling, they have entertainers like singer and guitar players come in and there are different areas through out the building where there other things that they can do like play cards or make puzzles and they've got a physical therapy set up in there for them as well.

Costs for Fountains at Mill Cove

Photos of Fountains at Mill Cove

Services and Amenities of Fountains at Mill Cove

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $2750

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: AL7109

About Fountains at Mill Cove

Fountains at Mill Cove is a Continuum Care Community that offers independent living, assisted living, memory care and skilled nursing care. Residents of Fountains at Mill Cove can enjoy the peace of mind knowing that if their needs change, they won't have to uproot their life to address them. Located near I-295 and Monument Rd. just west of Atlantic Beach, Ft. Caroline and the Intracoastal Waterway, the desirable location is just minutes away from local hospitals, Jacksonville International Airport, Jacksonville's beautiful beaches, the shops and dining of St. Johns Town Center, many houses of worship, an Arnold Palmer-designed golf course and other areas of attractions. Fountains at Mill Cove focuses on providing amenities that encourage an active lifestyle, such as a pet-friendly community with concierge service for residents' needs, like shopping or getting transportation to doctor appointments. The community's chef-inspired menus and beautifully appointed dining room are a favorite among residents. At Fountains of Mill Cove, residents can enjoy coming together for social clubs or joining in on one of many activities like arts & crafts or fitness classes offered each day in the well-equipped fitness center.

We are the ONLY RENTAL Continuum Care Retirement Community in Jacksonville, FL!

Map of Fountains at Mill Cove