25 Assisted Living Facilities near Jacksonville Beach, FL
Also serving communities of Atlantic Beach.
There are 25 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jacksonville Beach area.
To help you with your search, browse the 213 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jacksonville Beach. Better rated regions include Ponte Vedra Beach with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jacksonville Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jacksonville Beach
Located on the Atlantic shore in northeast Florida, Jacksonville Beach boasts miles of ocean-side activities and beautiful weather for seniors looking for an assisted living community. Florida offers several types of assisted living facilities that can help with daily tasks such as eating, personal hygiene and bathroom assistance while others provide more specific health care services for those whose needs go beyond simple aid. There are 35 assisted living homes in the Jacksonville Beach area to accommodate the senior population of 16.4 percent.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jacksonville Beach
- The cost of living in Jacksonville Beach is about 20 percent higher than the national average, which means that seniors on a tight budget may struggle with extra expenses. However, health care costs are 12 percent below the national average.
- Located near the northern border of the state, Jacksonville Beach isn't quite as hot as the rest of the state, but average daily highs are between 80 and 90 degrees six months per year. January is the coolest month with highs in the mid-60s.
- While the state does impose a sales tax on purchases, income is not taxed which includes pensions and social security. If you're coming from another state, you may have a little extra money left over for necessities and activities.
- While the national median of violent crimes is four per 1,000 residents per year, Jacksonville Beach has 4.75, making it a bit riskier for active seniors who enjoy being out in the local area.
- For elders living in Duval County, the City of Jacksonville offers free door-to-door transportation to many of the county's senior centers. For other transportation needs, seniors in Jacksonville Beach must rely on paid or other means of getting about.
- The Jacksonville Beach area is also home to world-class medical facilities, including the Mayo Clinic.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jacksonville Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Jacksonville Beach start around $3,800 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jacksonville Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jacksonville Beach
Florida offers low-income seniors a couple of options that can help with the cost of services at assisted living facilities. Covered services do not include room and board, nor does the state cap those fees, although the MLTC program does negotiate the prices on behalf of participants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jacksonville Beach
Jacksonville Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jacksonville Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jacksonville Beach
Jacksonville Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.