Brookdale Southpoint

Brookdale Southpoint (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Southpoint

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Southpoint

May 29, 2014

Emeritus was good, but I just don't know if my mom wants to go that far out because she lives in the city. The rooms were big enough. You have a full-sized bed, a little sofa, a dresser, and a bathroom. It's just enough room for what she may need. They were an outstanding staff. By the time I went there, there wasn't anybody there except one girl, but she showed me what she could. There are a few restaurants around. The hospital looked close, and doctors' offices are around there.

April 29, 2014

By happymom

What brought me to decide on Emeritus at Southpoint was the friendly staff and overall happy feel of the community. Everyone is very helpful!

November 28, 2012

I had to move my mom and dad to Emeritus at Southpoint because I had to have a place that took Medicaid, and the choices were slim to none. However, I don't recommend that anybody go there. The food is lousy, the response time is lousy when you need help, and they're very unorganized with medicines, etc. You can hardly ever find anybody in the office. When my mother had to be sent to hospital, the paperwork from Emeritus showed that my mother had no allergies. But she has three, and the hospital gave her one of the antibiotics that she's allergic to. She got really sick and could hardly open her mouth for about a week. The hospital showed me the records that Emeritus had sent to them. All the manager had to say to me was I'll look into it and get back to you but never heard another word. I tell my story to anybody I know because I felt sorry for the people who live there and not have anybody to look out for them.

October 26, 2012

By caring10231

We're very happy with Emeritus. They were very nice, very caring, and they cooperate fully. The only issue that we're having is I guess they plan events and then either they don't have enough participation or something, and the director will change it. And of course, that is somewhat disappointing for some of the residents because they look forward to doing something and all of a sudden that option isn't there. That's the only thing mom has complained about. Other than that everything is fine. We've been happy with them.

April 13, 2012

By commercesd

We visited Emeritus at Southpoint assisted living facility since it was recommended by people my friend knew as a possibility for his mother. The outside grounds were nicely kept, with plenty of seating areas. Residents are encouraged to walk around regularly as they desire and supervision is always available. The indoors were equally impressive, with a nice library area and a large room for other activities, like board games and computers. There are other areas where residents may read, sit with friends or just relax. The main room was nicely decorated and felt warm and inviting; everyone we saw appeared to be very well taken care of. We were told that as a resident's health changes, they can adapt to most any situation. They have many social activities and make trips to nearby locations to go shopping, visit museums, see films, theater and participate in other activities geared toward seniors. The exercise facilities were quite nice, with many options, including yoga and other classes, with some machine work available. The food was really nicely prepared - with options and choices for many tastes and dietary concerns. The food we saw looked delicious. The nicely appointed private living spaces were all fresh and seemed newly decorated. Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and attentive staff.

April 05, 2012

By CatLover1

As tough as it is to sometimes realize when it is time to seek outside care for a loved one, Emeritus made it seem more like a vacation than a permanent residence! I took a tour of this beautiful facility with a friend of mine as we seek care for her grandmother. We were well-received by the staff there and felt comfortable in our surroundings. Parking was easy and close to the facility, and was very "elderly friendly". The staff was outstanding, and I realized, well informed as a woman was very smart who took us on a tour. Everyone was friendly and the residents seemed happy to be there. My friend and I have toured other care facilities in the area, and they have all been outstanding However, based on our experience, I think within the next few months her grandmother will feel very at home at Emeritus.

November 17, 2011

By Michael F.

I was very impressed with the Village Oaks facility. The clients had plenty of surroundings to enjoy and plenty of activities inside to also keep them busy. They had a nice walking path and a mini-garden that my client often walked during the evening. It was also just a few minutes drive to the lake, and only 20 minutes or so to Atlantic Beach. He seemed to enjoy this facility very much, and didn't have any complaints. He also praised the staff for keeping his room and the facility itself very clean inside. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone in the Jacksonville area.

August 16, 2011

By TherapyWorks

My family and I visited this facility to find a right place for my grandfather and grandmother. Being together is what matters the most to them, considering their age, and with the sizes of the rooms , that isn't a problem. We as a family choose this place as well as my grandparents. They are constantly busy either enjoying local surroundings, walking on the trails and visiting the gardens. To this day they still say they enjoy this place.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Southpoint

Questions about Brookdale Southpoint

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly skills training, monthly OSHA Safety Trainings, monthly staff meetings/trainings, Monthly dementia care training,

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Southpoint. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 75. Physical Activities, Entertainers, Bingo

What programs or activities does Brookdale Southpoint offer to enrich residents' well-being?

B-Fit exercise, Brain games, Optimum cuisines, technology, social events

What places are near Brookdale Southpoint or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Post Office, Shopping, Restaurants, Medical Offices, Park

What transportation services does Brookdale Southpoint offer to assisted living residents?

Community bus transportation, assistance with scheduling transportation services

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Southpoint exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Optimum cuisines, menu choices, Restaurant style service. Optimum cuisines, menu choices, Restaurant style service

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Southpoint offer to assisted living residents?

Accushield sign in service, mag-lock doors, Fire suppression in all common and living areas, internal courtyards.

How does Brookdale Southpoint keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Southpoint during daytime and nighttime hours?

Based on acuity and amount of need at the right times

If Brookdale Southpoint accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Courtyards, entire property, shaded areas in entire property

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Based on acuity and amount of need at the right times.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Southpoint provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured environment, after-hours locks, door alarms, internal courtyards, delayed egress doors

What programs or activities does Brookdale Southpoint offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Stand-alone life stations, solace stations, In-Touch technology center. Daily path activities, news, life stories

? Clare Bridge Program Coordinator, Health and Wellness Director. Every six months, change of condition, change in behaviors, or recent hospitalization.

What techniques does Brookdale Southpoint use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

ReFresh Program, Clothing protectors, hands-on assistance, monitoring and cueing, ambient music.

How does Brookdale Southpoint keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Optimum life programs with regular manager follow up, change in condition reporting, care conferences, incident reporting, support groups

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Southpoint. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

? Community is tucked away in a residential and commercial area.

Is Brookdale Southpoint affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No – we partner with hospitals and physicians.

Photos of Brookdale Southpoint

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Southpoint

• Dining Extra: Special Dietary Menus

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: AL9380

About Brookdale Southpoint

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. .

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9380