Brookdale Southpoint

Reviews of Brookdale Southpoint

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Southpoint

August 11, 2015

By Marilynn2

We were not impressed with Brookdale Southpoint. We had set up an appointment, and when we went there, they were not ready in any way. They had somebody else come, take us around, and meet with us. She was a very nice woman, but I just did not feel that it was a professional presentation. I did not feel that there was much interaction with the residents as I walked by. The person who took us around was upbeat but not necessarily about the facility, while the other staff, I did not see the cheerfulness or the upbeat personality. They looked more tired.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

June 29, 2015

Brookdale Southpoint was a little more up-to-date than the other place we visited. It's a newer facility.

April 27, 2015

I really didn’t like Brookdale Southpoint because they were all about the money. I just felt as though they were more about trying to get the room rented. They weren't even worried about my grandmother's care or needs. The staff who accommodated me at first was very nice, but then she became very pushy.

We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed when you visited Brookdale Southpoint. Please be assured our top priority is the safety and well-being of our residents and our goal is to provide an individualized plan of care to fit our residents' needs. If you would like to contact us to discuss Southpoint or another Brookdale community, we hope you will call us at 877-400-5296.

December 29, 2014

It was a little bit more independent, and I think my grandmother would have wanted it. It was a little bit of a younger population, and everyone seemed very active. The staff was fine, and it seems like a very nice place.

May 29, 2014

It was good, but I just don't know if my mom wants to go that far out because she lives in the city. The rooms were big enough. You have a full-sized bed, a little sofa, a dresser, and a bathroom. It's just enough room for what she may need. They were an outstanding staff. By the time I went there, there wasn't anybody there except one girl, but she showed me what she could. There are a few restaurants around. The hospital looked close, and doctors' offices are around there.

August 16, 2011

By TherapyWorks

My family and I visited this facility to find a right place for my grandfather and grandmother. Being together is what matters the most to them, considering their age, and with the sizes of the rooms , that isn't a problem. We as a family choose this place as well as my grandparents. They are constantly busy either enjoying local surroundings, walking on the trails and visiting the gardens. To this day they still say they enjoy this place.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Southpoint

Questions about Brookdale Southpoint

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly skills training, monthly OSHA Safety Trainings, monthly staff meetings/trainings, Monthly dementia care training,

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Southpoint. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 75. Physical Activities, Entertainers, Bingo

What programs or activities does Brookdale Southpoint offer to enrich residents' well-being?

B-Fit exercise, Brain games, Optimum cuisines, technology, social events

What places are near Brookdale Southpoint or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Post Office, Shopping, Restaurants, Medical Offices, Park

What transportation services does Brookdale Southpoint offer to assisted living residents?

Community bus transportation, assistance with scheduling transportation services

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Southpoint exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Optimum cuisines, menu choices, Restaurant style service. Optimum cuisines, menu choices, Restaurant style service

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Southpoint offer to assisted living residents?

Accushield sign in service, mag-lock doors, Fire suppression in all common and living areas, internal courtyards.

How does Brookdale Southpoint keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Southpoint during daytime and nighttime hours?

Based on acuity and amount of need at the right times

If Brookdale Southpoint accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Courtyards, entire property, shaded areas in entire property

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Based on acuity and amount of need at the right times.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Southpoint provide to protect residents who wander?

Secured environment, after-hours locks, door alarms, internal courtyards, delayed egress doors

What programs or activities does Brookdale Southpoint offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Stand-alone life stations, solace stations, In-Touch technology center. Daily path activities, news, life stories

? Clare Bridge Program Coordinator, Health and Wellness Director. Every six months, change of condition, change in behaviors, or recent hospitalization.

What techniques does Brookdale Southpoint use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

ReFresh Program, Clothing protectors, hands-on assistance, monitoring and cueing, ambient music.

How does Brookdale Southpoint keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Optimum life programs with regular manager follow up, change in condition reporting, care conferences, incident reporting, support groups

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale Southpoint. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

? Community is tucked away in a residential and commercial area.

Is Brookdale Southpoint affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

No – we partner with hospitals and physicians.

Photos of Brookdale Southpoint

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Southpoint

• Dining Extra: Special Dietary Menus

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: AL9380

About Brookdale Southpoint

Our peaceful setting, restaurant style dining experience, activities and beautiful setting combine to create a wonderful living environment everyday. Our genuine caring staff, home style meals, daily activities add to our residents' experience. .

Amenities and Services
  • Daily assistance with bathing and dressing
  • Medication management
  • Dining assistance and special diets
  • Assistance with reminders and redirection
  • Escorts and assistance with walking
  • Emergency response call system
  • Laundry and linen service

*Rates subject to change at any time. Level of care not included.

Assisted Living Facility #9380