Jacksonville is the most populous city in the state of Florida with a population of 911,507. About 13.4% of residents are over the age of 65 and the city provides a number of quality health care services for its senior community. The warm and humid climate is often helpful to seniors with chronic health conditions. Seniors living in Jacksonville have access to excellent medical facilities such as the Memorial Hospital and Baptist Medical Center Jacksonville.

Nursing home care is best suited to seniors who require full-time medical care and assistance. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Jacksonville is $8,638. Due to the high cost of nursing home care, seniors who don’t require constant medical care may want to look at alternatives such as assisted living and in-home care.

This guide aims to assist seniors who are looking at nursing home care in Jacksonville. It discusses the costs of nursing home care in Jacksonville and nearby cities and the cost of alternative care options. Financing options for nursing care and details of free resources are also discussed.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Jacksonville, FL

Cypress Village

4600 Middleton Park Circle East, Jacksonville, FL, 32224

I normally do not write many reviews, but I must write one here. My father was just discharged from this facility – he was in the rehab center post hospitalization – and it was nothing short of a nig … (read more)

Westminster Woods on Julington Creek

25 State Road 13, Jacksonville, FL, 32259

really liked this location as it offers the best of everything. From fine dining and golf to museums, beaches, nightlife and entertainment to football games. The proximity to Westminster Woods, Juling … (read more)

The Terrace of Jacksonville

10680 Old St Augustine Rd, Jacksonville, FL, 32257

The staff is caring and compassionate. I have had several family members and friends at their facility and all had great outcomes.

The Coves at River Garden

11401 Old Saint Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL, 32258

River Garden was negligent in their care for my mother. She was admitted for rehabilitation after falling getting into her bed and laid for several hours while she was living at The Coves. While under … (read more)

Riverwood Nursing Center

2802 Parental Home , Jacksonville, FL, 32211

Riverwood has rehab, and the living facilities are good. My mom stayed there for six years before she passed away. It has a higher standard of nurses and a lovely dining area. Her room was spacious wi … (read more)

West Jacksonville Health And Rehabilitation Center

1650 Fouraker Road, Jacksonville, FL, 32221

My mom has been placed at West Jacksonville Health. At that time when we were looking for a facility, they were primarily available. They were able to show us that they are very caring. The facility i … (read more)

University Crossing

6210 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, 32216

My husband was in the University Crossing for rehab. It was outstanding, clean, didn’t have any smell, and they let me bring our chihuahua. The staff was outstanding, and the rehab people were outstan … (read more)

Cross Care – Jacksonville

5888 Blanding Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, 32244

The staff at this facility seemed very friendly and helpful towards the residents. I witnessed several students from a nearby private Catholic school also partake in activities with several of the re … (read more)

Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center

Jacksonville Nursing, Jacksonville, FL, 32218

My brother is in rehab at Jacksonville Nursing and Rehab Center. It’s good and they seem to take good care of him. It seems clean. I don’t find them all that responsive when I try to get in touch with … (read more)

Life Care Center of Jacksonville

4813 LENOIR AVENUE, Jacksonville, FL, 32216

In my opinion, the front office staff is very helpful to our family. The nurses are very diligent in there care of my brother Seth. The activities staff. Liz, Dominique, Tasha, Teri are very helpfu … (read more)

Cedar Hills Healthcare Center

2061 HYDE PARK RD, Jacksonville, FL, 32210

The person who accommodated us was great. She was the reason that we really considered it. She was really helpful and really nice. The rooms were small, and they had no private rooms. They even had ro … (read more)

Lakeside Nursing And Rehabilitation Center

11411 Armsdale Road, Jacksonville, FL, 32218

My father is doing good at Lakeside Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. The staff is good, and the food has been fine. They’re providing long-term care for him. He has a CNA that looks after him. They … (read more)

Bartram Crossing

6209 Brooks Bartram Drive, Jacksonville, FL, 32258

Bartram Crossing was nice. The amenities were nice, and my dad was there for rehab. We ate several times there and I would rate it a 3. He had physical therapy, speech, and language therapy. The facil … (read more)

San Jose Health And Rehabilitation Center

9355 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, 32257

The cnas really don’t want to do there job and help the patient, they like to leave them sitting I pee and poop for there entire shift =9hours. The nurses are no better

St Catherine Laboure Place

1750 Stockton ST, Jacksonville, FL, 32204

My sister was admitted today to find they have no heat in her room and her medications are not available.

Regents Park of Jacksonville

8700 A C Skinner Pkwy, Jacksonville, FL, 32256

My brother (73 years old) fell at home and was at the hospital for 4 days. The hospital recommended he go to in house rehab. My brother was against it and wanted to go home. We did convince him to go … (read more)

Palm Garden of Jacksonville

5725 Spring Park Road, Jacksonville, FL, 32216

I stayed at this facility for one week. It’s not a rehab,only a nursing home. Nurses are sub-par and don’t care for patients. I waited 2 hours to have my bedpan changed because I couldn’t get out o … (read more)

Heartland Health Care Center Jacksonville

8495 Normandy Blvd, Jacksonville, FL, 32221

My 85 year old mother was admitted for recovery and rehab due to total knee placement surgery. She was admitted on Aug 31st. The nursing staff was helpful and willing to answer any and all questions … (read more)

Consulate Health Care Of Jacksonville

4101 Southpoint Drive East, Jacksonville, FL, 32216

I was a patient at Consulate Health Care. My stay there was very pleasant. The nurses are very attentive. The staff is very professional and friendly. I only suggest that when you first enter the nurs … (read more)

Lanier Manor

12740 LANIER ROAD, Jacksonville, FL, 32226

The staff at Lanier Rehabilitation Center seem to be very friendly and were taking good care of my dad. He was first in quarantine, so he was alone in his room; he was happier then. Now that they move … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in Jacksonville, FL

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Jacksonville is $8,638 for a semi-private room and $9,885 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Jacksonville is $8,638. This is similar to the state monthly average cost in Florida, which is $8,669. The average monthly charge for nursing home care in Jacksonville costs $882 more than the national average of $7,756. Nursing home care costs on average less per month in Jacksonville than in the neighboring cities of Miami, Tampa, Orlando and Naples.

$8638

Orlando

$10391

Naples

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

The average monthly cost of nursing home care in Jacksonville is $8,638 for a semi-private room and $9,885 for a private. The cheapest senior care option in Jacksonville is adult health day care at an average monthly cost of $1,408. Those that are able to stay at home may opt for home health aide services at an average of $4,433 per month or homemaker services at an average of $4,385 per month. The average monthly cost of assisted living in Jacksonville is $4,150.

$8638

Nursing Home Care (Semiprivate Room)

$9885

Nursing Home Care (Private Room)

$1408

$4150

Assisted Living

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Jacksonville, FL

Free Resources for Seniors in Jacksonville, FL

The city of Jacksonville is a popular place to retire and offers a range of quality free services to seniors. A number of these services aim to make life easier for seniors choosing to remain in their own homes while some may assist those in nursing home care.

ResourceContactServices
In-home Respite Care(904) 630-0966The City of Jacksonville runs a respite care program to provide temporary relief to caregivers providing full-time care to a loved one. Getting a break can prevent caregiver burnout and delay the placement of a loved one in a nursing home. Sitter respite services are provided to low to moderate-income households caring for a senior over the age of 60. There is no charge for respite care services.
SHINE(888) 242-4464SHINE is a program of the Department of Elder Affairs that is run by Elder Source. The program provides free advice and assistance for seniors requiring Medicaid. The volunteers assist seniors in applying for Medicaid to help them pay nursing home care expenses in Jacksonville. There are income restrictions when using Medicaid for nursing home care and seniors are expected to contribute all of their income towards their care.
Transportation(904) 630-0801The City of Jacksonville provides free door-to-door transport to 17 senior centers located throughout the city. A hot, nutritious meal is served at midday each day at these senior centers and breakfast is served twice a week. There is no charge for these meals but a donation is always appreciated. Additionally, seniors can take part in activities such as gentle exercise classes, educational lectures and social events at the centers.