The Terrace of Jacksonville

Reviews of The Terrace of Jacksonville

Nursing Home Reviews for The Terrace of Jacksonville

January 14, 2019

By Esando49

Terrace of Jacksonville is a terrible place for your loved on. Most of the nurses and caregivers are non caring and do not care about the patients siblings. My mom has been in their care for over 2 years. Recently I have been forbidden to go to the facility to visit my mother because of a misunderstanding with her caregiver. My Mom is in hospice and dying. I don’t get along with my mothers caregiver. I have brought the situation up to management about the mistreatment of my mother and myself several times . Thought they would put someone more friendly in charge of my mother. They did nothing about it and now when my mother needs me the most I can’t comfort her. I love her very much. I miss her.

December 20, 2018

By Blinders are off

I have been a patient in this facility twice for after surgery rehab. After reading the most recent review compared to the ones around 2014, I can tell you why the decline. The ownership. The difference is night and day. The previous ownership cared about the patients. The meals were varied and great. The activities were fun and numerous. The staff really cared and it showed. That all changed when Southlake turned into The Terrace. It is so obvious to anyone who has experienced Southlake vs. The Terrace. Now they are constantly short handed. CNA's don't want to be bothered with helping patients and get an attitude when asked for help. I complained to management but nothing has changed. The same staff who are not patient friendly are still there. No one does anything to make things better. I felt disregarded. The entire atmosphere is different. I don't know who owns the place now but they have let an excellent facility go down to below average I am sorry to say.

May 25, 2018

By Carol

My sister's husband was in the Terrace of Jacksonville for three months for rehab. The facility was adequate, the therapy was wonderful, and the food was average. The staff in rehab was good. they offered mind games, reading, movies, bingo, wine and cheese socials, gardening, and nature walks.

March 07, 2017

By Careful Daughter

My mother was placed in this facility for short term rehabilitation. The Terrance seems woefully understaffed, especially the CNA team, which has the most interaction with the patients. On multiple occasions my mother has had to wait two or more hours to get someone to take her to the bathroom and/or to get her dressed in the morning. We've also had problems getting pain medication delivered to her in a timely manner and on a schedule so that it can be effective during her physical therapy sessions. Although we were told her toileting would be on a regularly scheduled basis, this isn't happening. If you or someone you love plans to go to this facility, please make sure they have a family member or friend to act as their advocate. The advocate should plan on spending several hours a day at the facility, especially the first few days. If the intended patient can't tell you what goes on when no family member or friend is there with them then I'd highly recommend you find another facility. I can't imagine how this facility got the ratings I've been seeing on the internet.

December 28, 2016

By Vive49

My mother is a resident at Terrace of Jacksonville. She is getting very good care. The staff know her name and treat her with kindness and respect. They are attentive to our questions and concerns about her care. She is in long term care and is having continuing rehab, which is helping her to stay involved and she is happier.

November 04, 2015

By Jackie47

My father is in a full-time nursing home now. He is at Terrace of Jacksonville. He went there from the hospital for rehab, and then it just progressed. They were so helpful in facilitating and keeping him full time, so we just chose to do that. It has been very good. We have been very pleased with it. From the very beginning, all the way through to having him admitted, the nursing staff is great, and the caregivers are great, so we have just been really pleased. It is just a relief for us in that we are just extremely pleased.

May 29, 2014

By Janice38

My uncle is in rehab at Southlake. It is right next to the facility where my uncle was. So far, it has been very good. The staff is very responsive. The rooms are nice and clean. Right now, my uncle is too weak to do anything, so they are trying to do some therapy with him. He is just doing some basic rehab.

March 20, 2013

By Jackie6

We had to get my mother-in-law to a nursing home and Southlake Nursing was very responsive towards helping us. I would recommend everything about the place to anyone. Their food is very good and the staff is very helpful. They do dancing, coloring, and stuff like that. The rooms are spacious and good for the residents. The best thing about this community is its friendly staff. They make her feel welcome like she's a part of the community. She is very happy there now.

December 11, 2012

By tammi63

My mom is in rehab at this nursing center and this will more than likely be the nursing home we choose for her to stay in. The staff is so friendly and caring and so good with my mother. They talk to her like shes their family member, they treat her with dignity and respect and go out of the way to make her feel like shes at home. I am so grateful for them and for loving my mom the way we do at our house because it isn't easy deciding on placing a loved one in a nursing home. Its been very hard for me emotionally, especially around the holidays, but knowing that this nursing home will care for her like I did for 4 years living with me makes the transition a little easier. Thank you Southlake.

Services and Amenities of The Terrace of Jacksonville

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Limited Liability Company
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2020

About The Terrace of Jacksonville

The Terrace of Jacksonville is a senior living provider in Jacksonville, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact The Terrace of Jacksonville for more details on services and rates.

Map of The Terrace of Jacksonville