Augustine Landing

Reviews of Augustine Landing

Independent Living Reviews for Augustine Landing

October 04, 2019

By Melanie

My father moved into Augustine Landing. It's a lovely community, we love everything that they're doing, but we're moving out because it's too expensive for us. His apartment is nice, clean, and he has plenty of room. They provide many activities, there's a weights room, an exercise room, they do bingo, movie nights, they have little dances in the dining room, and they have people come to play music. I feel they do a good job in every aspect of service that they offer. I wish we could afford it. It's definitely worth the money, but we're not in a position to stay there. However, for anybody that can, I don't think they can find a better place. Everybody I dealt with sat down with us, took the time, listened, and offered options. That is the service we're paying for, and they're doing a good job. They always get options for every meal, and they cater to a lot of different medical diets. I think the cooks and servers do a fantastic job. The facility is clean, taken care of, and very well maintained.

April 30, 2019

By Michelle

I did not like Augustine Landing at all. It seemed old, dirty, and there were roaches crawling on the wall. I didn't care for the rooms at all. They were very small. The staff who gave us the tour was very friendly. I just wasn't pleased with the facility. It was dingy and I didn’t like anything about it. Their washer and dryer was in the hallway and wasn't available in the rooms. There were no kitchens in the rooms, just a counter with a tiny little dorm-room refrigerator. For independent living, it just didn't have that feeling at all.

Hey Michelle, we are sad to read Augustine Landing was not the right fit for you. We work hard to maintain our community for residents and guests. If you noticed any evidence of a pest issue please let our team know immediately so we may resolve the issue quickly. If you have any other feedback for us please reach out to us to discuss this further.

October 31, 2018

By Nicole

Augustine Landing is very nice and very clean. I see the maintenance out there every day working. The people here are very kind and sweet people. The dining area is OK, but the food leaves a lot to be desired. It's not the best and usually not appetizing to look at. I'm supposed to have my breakfast brought up to me every day in my room, and I'm supposed to get two eggs with toast, and some sort of meat and milk. But usually I get two eggs and maybe a slice of bacon, maybe I get the milk or maybe I won't. It's a gamble. Most of the people here are in their 80's and 90's. They have bingo five times a week, they have nickel or penny gambling, and they have a book of the month club. They have what they call The Happy Hookers, that's knitting or any kind of needlepoint that you can join in on. They also have gospel singing, putt-putt golf, and twice a week flowers are donated from the supermarket and we make our own arrangements for the community. The staff is wonderful. The activities are good for the age of the group, but I'm much younger than most of the people, so it's much slower than what I'm used to. Honestly, I don't think it's worth what I pay. Someone needs to oversee the food delivery, and they need to make the food more appetizing. Also, the chef doesn't show up a great deal of the time, so the employees choose what they can cook. Like the housekeeping staff is the food staff and waiters as well. So like one person makes the salad, and another makes something else, they make what they know how to make. One time when we went down for dinner, they had ordered pizza for all 119 of us because they had no chef and no employees to work. Our chef apparently has high blood pressure so he's not in the kitchen often, so everyone who works here goes in the kitchen and cooks. It's hard for the older residents because the bus does not have a lift. So if you're not able to navigate these bus steps up then you don't go (because they won't take you).

April 30, 2018

By PN

We like Augustine Landing and feel like she is safe there. My mother-in-law's room is a nice, little place, and she loves it. It is perfect for her, and she is happy with it. I think she gets the value for her money. Some days, the food is very good, but some days, it is not. Also my mother-in-law feels that in the evening, there is really nothing to do. To her, it seems that they used to have more activities for people, but they don't have as many as they did. Occasionally, a group will come in and entertain.

April 18, 2018

By Mary

Augustine Landing seemed fine. The place was clean, and the people were nice. However, I wasn't completely thrilled with the location. The staff was pleasant. The rooms were clean and orderly and typical for that type of community.

October 29, 2017

By Joan

I liked Augustine Landing very much. The representative who took me around was very knowledgeable and pleasant and I talked to a number of residents there. They all seemed quite happy and looked good. The place was clean and very nice, and looked warm and friendly.

May 25, 2017

By shelia627141

Augustine Landing was nice and clean, and the representative was very nice, professional, and informative. However, my mother-in law didn't get the warm and fuzzy feeling from the residents. They also didn’t have a screened-in patio. The had a small, open area, where people gathered to watch movies together, they had a little game room, and they had an area downstairs for meet and greet, in a family room setting.

February 01, 2017

By Victor737472

My mom has been in Augustine Landing for three years. They have a nurse that checks in on her and helps her put her medication out. There is always plenty of staff in the dining area. Everybody is helpful there. The layout is OK. It is a nice, decent place.

January 06, 2017

By John518345

Augustine Landing was our favorite. We ate lunch there in the dining room with the other residents, and the food was outstanding. We saw a couple of people who we knew and they came over and talked to us. It just had a really friendly, warm atmosphere. It seemed like it would be tight but affordable for our needs. The amenities were nice. They had a nice fitness room and offered a lot of the same activities, games and movies, but also trips on buses that they could take people out. We told them we probably wouldn’t be seriously making a decision for at least another year, and they continued to keep in touch with us every couple of weeks or at least monthly since our tour. They seemed the most interested in us, and we liked them the best.

January 03, 2017

By sandoerr46

I saw two different studios and a one-bedroom at Augustine Landing. They were all very spacious and good-sized rooms. They had an exercise room, but not much outdoor room, so if you had a pet your ability to walk your animal was rather limited. The dining facility looked very nice. There were a lot of people who had found their dinner partners and they always sat together, not because they’ve been assigned. There was a lot of conversation going on amongst residents. A lot of the residents spoke to us and welcomed us there. It was one of the friendlier communities that my son and I have gone to.

November 22, 2016

By Carol381418

I toured Augustine Landing. It’s a nice, clean place. The staff was nice and their dining room looked nice and clean.

November 01, 2016

By Barbara470647

Augustine Landing was very nice, and we enjoyed the tour. The people were very nice, and it just overall seemed to fit us. It looked very well done and very well kept up. The rooms are nice-sized and exactly what we were looking for. It was in a very good location from our standpoint.

October 05, 2016

By Joseph458586

Augustine Landing was exactly what I liked it. It had a double room to live in, and the balconies where I could sit outside were very nice. It has all the amenities that I was looking, but it was far away from St John’s County. Pamela -- who toured us the place -- was excellent. The dining room was spacious; I saw the residents enjoying their lunch.

August 23, 2016

By Teresa308570

Augustine Landing was very nice. The people were great and helpful. We talked to them several times and had a good experience. They were cooking lunch when we were there, and it smelled very good. The dining facility was very nice. The room they showed us was very pleasant. The grounds were very well kept. There was nice and helpful staff available if needed. We were very pleased with what we saw.

August 12, 2016

By Steve127130

Augustine Landing was excellent. We really liked the staff, and it seemed like a very friendly place. The location was very good, and everything was maintained very well. The food was very good. The apartments were well maintained and spacious.

January 31, 2016

By Relative17

Augustine Landing was very nice, and very clean. The rooms were kind of small especially the bedroom area. It was pricey. The main dining room was very nice. I was invited for lunch, but I was not able to eat there.

December 20, 2015

By Melissa33

My husband really liked Augustine Landing. They have apartments where you live on your own and feel pretty indendent, and so that's part of what we liked about it. It's independent living, but if you need some help, you've got assisted living there, too. It was very clean, everybody was very friendly, and it looked like everybody was having a good time.

November 19, 2015

My stepfather moved into Augustine Landing. They could improve on the food. It is a very nice place but not very elaborate. There isn't a garden area or pool, but it is nice and adequate.

October 05, 2015

I was very pleased with what Augustine Landing had available. The staff seemed to be quite competent. The facility looked very good. The fact that they had activities to engage their residents there such as book clubs, concerts and so on, I thought that was very good, and the fact that they had 24-hour staff. Also, they had some added health care assistance that was quite good. It was a pleasant surrounding. The staff seemed to be very capable, extremely nice, and helpful. I liked their dining set-up very much. The overall impression was that it was not institutional. I thought that was a real plus. The dining facility was more like going to a restaurant. The menus were very good. They had a good choice that would fit everybody's requirement and their taste. I thought their in-house entertainment such as movies, the recreational room, and so on was good. Also, they made an offer that they would probably consider help with the moving expenses or something of that nature or some kind of discount. They could not do it on the lease because that would be unfair, but on the other expenses like I thought there was an admittance or one time kind of payment that could probably be reduced. It was just that attitude of trying really hard to help with the move that was so life changing.

September 22, 2015

This facility had very good food, I had lunch while visiting. I was looking at a studio apartment and it was good size compared to other facilities I have looked at, it has a nice balcony and good storage. One thing I thought was great is you can visit any of their facilities in the U.S. and stay for 6 days at no extra charge. The programs and facilities were above average.

May 31, 2014

I found Augustine Landing to be very friendly, very comfortable-looking, very homey, and just nice all around. I didn’t feel that it was too much in style for me. I did have lunch there, and it was very nice. They have different sizes of rooms, and had the size that I wanted, because I need room to move around. They had lots of activities. They had a lot of going out to different places: museums, down to the landing, the beach, different restaurants, and different kinds of tours. Indoors they have games, and people come in and talk and all kinds of different things.

December 29, 2013

By Astrid

We've looked at St. Augustine Landing for my father-in-law. The staff were great and very helpful. They were able to follow up with us. It's a great facility, but I think he is not ready yet to move to a facility. I actually thought that would have been a good fit for him. I would happily recommend this facility to other people. We were able to eat there and we enjoyed the meal. They have bingo and football. They also have music that would come. They had a lot to offer and that was great.

September 29, 2013

By Linda70454950

We visited several facilities in the vicinity and Augustine Landing is the most elegant by far. My grandmother loves her studio apartment. She made friends with several residents the first week she was there.

Costs for Augustine Landing

Photos of Augustine Landing

Services and Amenities of Augustine Landing

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Covered

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Augustine Landing

Augustine Landing is located in Jacksonville, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Augustine Landing for a visit...and stay!

Map of Augustine Landing