34 Assisted Living Facilities near Ponte Vedra, FL
Also serving communities of Nocatee.
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ponte Vedra area, with 2 in Ponte Vedra and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ponte Vedra is $4,295 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Ponte Vedra Beach with an average starting cost of $3,910.
To help you with your search, browse the 303 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ponte Vedra. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ponte Vedra 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ponte Vedra Beach with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ponte Vedra, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ponte Vedra, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ponte Vedra
Ponte Vedra Beach is home to TPC Sawgrass and senior golf lovers may appreciate the opportunity to watch the PGA Tour or The Player's Championship played on the famous course. Non-golfers thinking of retiring in the area can enjoy elegant shopping and beautiful beaches.
Assisted living facilities in Florida are licensed by the Agency for Health Care Administration. There are 35 assisted living facilities offering care to seniors in Ponte Vedra Beach and the surrounding area.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ponte Vedra
- The Ponte Vedra Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baptist Medical Center Beaches, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Florida has no state income tax, so seniors have a lower tax bill whether their retirement income comes from pensions, Social Security or retirement funds. Sales taxes in the state are close to the national average, which also helps seniors who are on a fixed income.
- The overall crime rate in Ponte Vedra Beach is lower than around 78 percent of Florida's other towns and cities. It's also lower than average for other communities of a similar size across America. Florida's property crime rate of 25.12 crimes per 1,000 residents is double Ponte Vedra Beach's reate of 12.53. This may reassure seniors concerned with their safety.
- Seniors can bring arts and culture into their life through the Cultural Center at Ponte Vedra Beach. The center hosts exhibitions and events and seniors can join adult arts programs to inspire their own creativity. Book lovers may wish to visit the Florida Heritage Book Festival in nearby St. Augustine. Some assisted living facilities may also arrange group trips to see a show at the Ponte Vedra Concert Hall.
- Ponte Vedra Beach has hot summers, with an average high temperature above 84 degrees. Winters are cooler and have an average low of around 48. During the summer months the humidity is regularly above 70 percent, which may keep seniors inside more they'd prefer.
- Ponte Vedra Beach has an array of community resources for seniors, including the St. John's County Council on Aging, an organization that provides information and services to support successful aging as well as more than two senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ponte Vedra
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Ponte Vedra start around $4,295 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ponte Vedra and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ponte Vedra
Seniors in Ponte Vedra Beach may be able to access financial assistance through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. Seniors receiving Social Security Income may also be eligible for the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ponte Vedra
Ponte Vedra and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ponte Vedra, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ponte Vedra
Ponte Vedra-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Ponte Vedra, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ponte Vedra
Review of Vicar's Landing
I feel compelled to share the shock and disappointment we experienced related to the care and treatment our family member (name held private to protect from further suspected retaliation) has recei... Read more
Review of Vicar's Landing
I deeply regret having my family member live at Vicar's Landing. The assisted living and skilled nursing facility (Health Center) are substandard. Medications are not delivered on time or as direc... Read more
Review of Starling at Nocatee Assisted Living and Memory Care
My mother was a resident in memory care. She received wonderful care and was treated with respect and kindness. It felt like family. When she became ill, Starling provided exceptional service an... Read more