Sunrise of Jacksonville

Reviews of Sunrise of Jacksonville

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Jacksonville

May 06, 2017

By Robert318521

Mom only stayed at Sunrise of Jacksonville for two weeks. It's aesthetically pleasing. The level of care was good. The food was also above average. They have a TV room. It's a nice facility. The actual day workers are very polite.

February 10, 2017

By Robin315442

I visited Sunrise of Jacksonville. The room that would have been my father's room was wonderful. The food looked and smelled good. I saw the activities room and the activities. The people were very warm and friendly.

January 09, 2017

By PATTY GATOR

My mother has been a little over two months and loves it. She is 90 years young. The staff is exceptional, always helpful and friendly. She loves going to Bingo and other activities. She is doing so much better than she was three months ago before she moved here. She just wished the food wasnt the same thing over and over, otherwise it would the perfect place. She said the butter cookies are the best in the Bistro.

January 07, 2017

By Patty254070

My mother is living at the Sunrise of Jacksonville. We liked it a lot. We were very impressed. The only thing she doesn’t care for is the food. The grounds are very well kept up. The rooms are very nice and roomy. I like the way they have the window in their little living room that goes out into the hallway where they can see out. It’s like a regular house, but you see people out in the halls. Everyone I’ve met has been very friendly, very nice, and helpful.

January 03, 2017

By sandoerr46

I didn’t care for Sunrise of Jacksonville. It reminded me too much of a well-run hotel and didn’t seem like a place that you would want to be for the long term. It just had that very commercial feeling and didn’t feel like home. I saw one room that didn't make an impression on me at all. It was clean and didn’t smell. They had a little bingo room and a small beauty shop. A group of the residents were doing some exercises, but it was like range of motion in the arms and legs rather than trying to do anything real energetic.

November 17, 2016

By Donna128150

Sunrise of Jacksonville was nice and fine. The staff who gave us the tour was very friendly. The rooms were small, but they were fine. The facility was great, bright, and cheery. They had friendly staff, and the accommodations were good, but I didn't like the fact that they didn't have a full kitchen, just a partial kitchen. The location is convenient and nice for us.

September 07, 2016

By Robert760516

Sunrise of Jacksonville doesn't take Medicaid. Our experience was nice. They had some pretty good facilities. The dining area was very nice. I would recommend them.

May 08, 2016

By MaryL-1

My mother has been living in Sunrise of Jacksonville for about a month. I really like the homey atmosphere. It is small and seems more like your living room when you walk in. The staff is really nice and say “hello” when you walk in. It seems like they have been there for a while, and there is not a lot of turnover. She loves it. They take her on a lot of outings to restaurants and shopping. They go somewhere at least twice a week. The cost seems affordable to her. She is happy and has a lot of socialization, which is what she needs. She is in an efficiency room with a bathroom, a little kitchen area with a microwave and a refrigerator, and a nice, safe bathroom with bars on the walls. They have three meals a day, and there is food available all the time. If you are not there when its meal time, they will still feed you. There is a little bistro that always has coffee, tea, and all different flavored water. They do a water walk around to make sure that all the guests are drinking enough water. They always have fruits, muffins, and fruits available and a popcorn machine that she loves. They do not have to go to the dining to have their meals. They can have it in their rooms.

September 17, 2015

By James113381650

My father is in Sunrise of Jacksonville. The people are very compassionate and caring, and they do a very good job of taking care of them. The apartments are very clean, he shares a bathroom with someone else, and they keep it nice and clean. They eat full three meals. He belongs to the walking club, and then they have trivia activities, parties for them, history lessons, and a lot of activities. They take them out for breakfast sometimes. If he physically can get out, they take them out.

August 20, 2015

My uncle is in Sunrise of Jacksonville. I like that it is clean, and it seems like it is really a top notch. I really like the nursing care and everything there. The thing I like the most is the people. The rooms are excellent. He has perfect size space for him. The food is excellent. I think they have a really good chef there. I think they can dine in there comfortably. There is no problem. I know they have quite a bit of recreation there, but I do not recall them. I think he enjoys the chair aerobics, but I do not recall all the activities that they are doing. They have their own transportation, but it does not seem to be extremely flexible for appointments for him. He is still able to go to his appointments, but not as flexible as I like. It looks like they kind of plan their routes to the doctors. I will recommend it to others.

August 11, 2015

By Marilynn2

We were quite impressed with Sunrise of Jacksonville. It looked like a resort. The staff was very gracious throughout. We were taken around, and everybody we came in contact with would stop and speak. There was just a welcoming atmosphere.

August 09, 2015

By Charles110969350

I do not have a lot of good things to say about Sunrise of Jacksonville. This place seemed to have so many employees with so many shifts, and they were so busy. To give you an example, they burst into the room with a cell phone, and when their phone rings, they will answer it, and they run out sometimes leaving the light on in the middle of the night. They also have a lot of administration people who were never there. They had activities like exercises. My mother's room was nice, and it had a tall ceiling. I would say probably the best thing about this facility was the rooms.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you were not happy with your experience and would like to learn more as we take all concerns seriously. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

June 15, 2015

By bb80299

My mother lived here. In my opinion the company does a lot of lip services. Karen the administrator is very cold toward the residents. She has made it very clear she cares about tje dollars instead of the people who live in this facility.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

May 27, 2015

We visited Sunrise. The staff was very nice. They showed us around and showed us what they had to offer. They were very friendly.

May 08, 2015

By rnbcountrystyle

Initially this facility gave me a very good impression. However, after speaking with what appears to be the main desk person named Pam, a few times, I am no longer confident that this facility is as wonderful as it may seem. Pam is extremely rude consistently and being that she is one of the first people of contact, one might wish to avoid this place at all costs.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 27, 2013

I had a short unannounced preview visit at Sunrise and everybody that I had encountered were very nice. The facility looked very clean. I believed they had activities, but I cannot give any details at all. I believed they had an exercise room and we looked at an empty room.

December 26, 2013

My dad is at Sunrise of Jacksonville for two months now. Some agency helped us find it. Their working staff is very good. My daddy is really happy there. They have a lot of activities for my father like bingo, etc., and he loves it. Food is also good.

July 27, 2011

By Michele728

Sunrise of Jacksonville is a welcoming, beautiful and contemporary facility. My young children and I visited with our synagogue youth group to bake holiday cookies with some of the residents. Everyone had such a wonderful time. The staff was helpful, the residents were all friendly and we all enjoyed relaxing and talking on the outside deck next to the 2nd floor kitchen/dining room area.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Jacksonville