Wyndham Lakes Jacksonville, FL

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

10660 Old St. Augustine Road, Jacksonville, FL 32257
Wyndham Lakes (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 36 days

Ask us about our Summer Move In Special! Save up to $2500!

PROMOTION! 36 days

Ask us about our Summer Move In Special! Save up to $2500!

Reviews of Wyndham Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for Wyndham Lakes

March 22, 2016

I really liked Wyndham Lakes, but they didn’t take Medicaid. The rooms were very nice, clean due to the cleaning service they have there, and very easy for my mom to get around in. We really liked it. The facility was small, homey, and reasonably priced. The staff was very nice.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it! We are proud of our community and the exceptional level of care we provide.Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you again. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, (541) 639-8554.

September 14, 2015

By shgo22

This facility does an average job. The bus schedule is very limited and the bus they use to transport the residents was always breaking down. I do believe they may have replaced that bus now. The housecleaning staff does not do a great job. When we visit our relative, the room is always dusty and dirty. They seem to only clean what they can see. It is run down a little, but my relative does like the facility and the friends she has made there. They seem to do a lot of fun activities with the residents. They have been fairly attentive to her needs overall. I do hear a lot of complaints about how bad the food is though! One day they served her a nearly raw piece of chicken. You basically get what you pay for here.
Thank you for letting us know about your recent visit to Wyndham Lakes. W We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at (904) 256-9414 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you. e can assure you that we do not find this type of behavior acceptable, and we would like to address the situation you have described.

August 09, 2015

By Charles110969350

Everybody was nice when you walk in at Wyndham Lakes Jacksonville. I looked at a room, and it was quite small. They had a nice gym. It was not a new building, and they only had one floor, which I thought was good. I thought the dining area was very open.
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review for us at Wyndham Lakes. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. Best wishes, Wyndham Lakes

June 28, 2015

My mother moved to Wyndham Lakes about one month ago and seems to be happy with it. I like it. It’s undergoing quite a bit of renovation -- re-shingling, painting of exteriors, and also a lot of re-carpeting of the interior. The food is good, and the staff seems to be good. The cleanliness could be better.
Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Wyndham Lakes!

May 17, 2015

Everybody was very sociable, nice, and happy. They called me back and followed up. Wyndham Lakes was less expensive and quite affordable, but they were far away. They also have outside activities.
Caring, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! Thank you again for the great review!

January 18, 2015

By James104644750

Wyndham Lakes was very clean, and the staff was very approachable and caring. They were very good in what they did respective to their job. They ensured that my mother made the rehab appointments on time. It was a very nice facility. They had a lot of different amenities which appeal to her. They also had a lot of activities like movies and bingo. The rooms were clean, and the grounds were clean.

December 29, 2014

Wyndham Lakes seems to be good. It’s a bit older facility, but the care seems to be well. It looks a little bit older, but from the outside to the inside, it was well-maintained. The staff is accommodating, and the individual rooms were completely done -- carpet, floorings, and paint -- before my grandma moved in. They do bingo, games to try keep them active, and they have a shuttle service to take them wherever they want to go.

December 16, 2014

By Lisa Elo

My friend was a resident at Wyndham Lakes for about three months and we had to take her out of it. The staff were very rude and there was lack of empathy with their services . Duties were carried out like a Military Camp, they were more concerned about presenting a good work on paper rather than the care that they were supposed to apply . Will never recommend this home to anyone .

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

October 18, 2014

By Betty94016950

I visited my sister at Wyndham Lakes. The care is satisfactory. The staff is very accommodating and they’re friendly with the patients. She has no problem with them and I’ve watched them with the other members there and they seem to be fine. They have a room for therapy; they did send her to therapy for a while. They have activities, not that she’s participating in any of them but I’ve seen these things there, like bingo and the usual stuff. It’s not a new facility but they seem to keep it clean. It seemed to be well kept and maintained from what I’ve seen. They have nice places to sit outside. I’ve taken her out in benches so she could sit there. Theres a front porch; it’s like the entrance, and when I go to visit the residents are always sitting right there. I’d taken her out to join in the conversations with some of them. The place is attractive and the residents seem to be pretty satisfied overall with where they are.

October 29, 2013

By Linda71189650

I visited Wyndham Lakes for a friend. They were the lowest in terms of price that I found. I looked at several other facilities and that was also was the nearest place we went to. The staff was very nice. They took us around, explained everything to us and showed us a room. That room had a large closet and a bath, but only one window to look outside. What I like best about this facility, I guess, was their residents. They were really friendly. I surely would recommend this place to others.

October 28, 2013

By Roberta2

After I went to Wyndham Lakes, I cried. I was very upset because it was like a nursing home. I didn't like the way to get there too. Everything in this facility looked dilapidated. The facilities were not together like in one building, which means that it would be a lot of walking for me. I have to go out and walk to the dining room, but it was quite a walk. Plus the fact that the residents there were older. So there wouldn't be any friends that I could make there. I can relate better with people in the other facility. I didn't talk to their staff. They were very busy at that time. However, the young lady that helped me at this facility was fabulous. She was a very nice girl, very helpful and very kind.
Roberta, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at (904) 256-9414 at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

September 26, 2012

Wyndham is near a lake and it has some mountains and stuff like that close by. Their environment is perfect.

May 09, 2012

By Mike McLemore

This facility is secure, clean, and staffed with attentive, profesional, and gentle caretakers. My parents are in the Alzheimer's section (Memory Care Unit), and though they prefer to spend their time together in their "apartment," the staff does get them out in to the unit to interact with others, and they do outside activities like sing-alongs in the gazebo (in a secure courtyard) and supervised field trips - e.g., picnics to local parks. The food is nutritious, well prepared, fresh, and well varied. Physician comes in weekly; staff are attentive to the occasional need for non-routine care. Onsite physical and occupational therapy is available. Pleasant setting in which residents are treated with respect, dignity, and good care. Such a relief.

August 17, 2011

By TherapyWorks

This facility is like a social dorm. Not only is there a friendly staff and big rooms to fit your needs, you can even invite family whenever for dinner, go to a neighbors house or even play one of the many games that offer. Not to undermine the fact that you're in a big city and can travel almost anywhere when you want to. The place is very clean and readily available. Two lakes surround their campus which is perfect for any nature lover. This is a highly recommended facility.
Hi, thank you for your positive review; we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Wyndham Lakes! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Independent Living Reviews for Wyndham Lakes

May 20, 2014

By Mike45

Mom was at Wyndham Lakes before she died eight days ago. The experience was very good. We never had any regrets with this facility. She had a roommate, and they allowed us to furnish the room to our taste. There were 14 rooms in the memory care unit. The staff were all very friendly. We've been getting some cards and phone calls from the nurses there after Mom died, and we appreciate that. I've eaten there, and the food was healthy and fresh. We were pleased about how every table had its own waiter.

April 22, 2014

Mom had been to Wyndham Lakes. It was a one-story building, and it had like an elementary school setting, and they had different buildings. Each one might have 10 apartments in it, and they were connected by walkways. Each building had a little seating area in the front. There was a bigger area, where the dining room was, and it was like a hotel lobby. They had a pond with trees, and it was OK. When she first came there, she just came from rehab for breaking her leg. She was having trouble getting her leg up on the bed, and she asked the lady if she could help get her leg up onto the bed. She said: "If you can't lift your leg, you can't be here." She had a small one-bedroom apartment, and it had a bathroom and kitchenette with a small refrigerator and a sink. I don't think it had a microwave, but you could have one, and I thought she had her own. It was enough room for a dresser, a chair, and a twin bed. That wing smelled all the time like sewage. I would walk in and gag. The kitchen-dining room was right around the corner, and I was wondering if it was the food or the something leaking. Whatever it was, it smelled bad. When I asked them about it, they said: "Oh, it was the drain," but it was pretty consistent. However, their food was pretty good, and the people who worked in the dining room served them their food, and they were very nice, and they treated the residents very well. Then she moved over to the other building, which was more independent and had that little bedroom with the kitchenette, and they had a porch. She was OK over there, but she didn't get as much help as she felt that she needed, like bathing and dressing.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about Wyndham Lakes. Our goal is to help individuals and families find customized senior living solutions that fit their needs and allow residents to be as active and independent as possible. Thank you for your feedback and your candid comments.

April 11, 2014

By Caring82024950

Mom is currently at Wyndham Lakes. Most recently, when there was an emergency involved, they did not contact family members, which I was not happy about. I don’t think the staff are adequate. I think the management seemed not qualified, and I don’t think the health staff are well-screened. There are a lot of complaints about the food, and I think they needed a new qualified nutritionist. They also need to re-organize all of their management staff, and they need to replace all their management staff with qualified people.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We apologize for disappointing you and would like very much for you to call us at 877-400-5296 to discuss in greater detail.

December 01, 2013

I like the overall layout, the surroundings, and the people at Wyndham Lakes. The facility is very nice, but they have a high price. The only thing I didn’t like about the facility is that they didn’t have a step up program.

September 29, 2013

By Linda76372950

Wyndham Lakes has independent and assisted living as well as a memory care center. This is a beautiful facility for people that enjoy nature and the outdoors. The independent apartments all have screened-in porches. They are remodeling the apartments which are spacious and include lots of storage. The staff is very friendly and patient. The activities look really fun. I briefly visited the memory care center which has a super activities director. The residents light up when they see her. The memory care center is at the top of the list for my mom.

August 29, 2013

By caring08222

My mom is living at Windham Lakes now. She just liked that facility better than the others. The people there are very pleasant and very helpful.The rooms were older than some of the other places we've looked at, but they're clean and painted. She's got a one-bedroom and she's very happy with it. They play Bingo, they have cards, and other games. She seems like she's adjusted pretty good to the place. She said the food is good. She's meeting people, and I think it's what she likes most.

Questions about Wyndham Lakes

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Memory Care Associates receive the state mandated dementia training , in conjunction with monthly in services and annual updates.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Wyndham Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 80 & they enjoy playing cards and other games.

What programs or activities does Wyndham Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a diverse activity program that enriches our residents' mind, body, and spirit.

What places are near Wyndham Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Several shopping plazas as well as local restaurants and grocery stores.

What transportation services does Wyndham Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to doctor's appointments and to other outings on the activities calendar.

What makes the chef or dining program at Wyndham Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a great culinary team! Wyndham Lakes features restaurant style dining - our residents have choices. They order off menus and are served just like in a restaurant setting.

What safety features or security measures does Wyndham Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

Our Community is tucked away off the main road alleviating a lot of unnecessary traffic. We have round the clock staff, and all doors lock at 9 pm every evening.

How does Wyndham Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Our care team is always in communication with families on how their loved one is doing. Regular scheduled assessments and wellness updates are communicated to our families routinely.

If Wyndham Lakes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly! We sit on 13 acres with lots of walking paths and plenty of space for our residents pets to enjoy fresh air and play.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

There is continuous training each month for our staff members

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Wyndham Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is mid 70's. There is a wide variety of activities for our residents. They enjoy cards and outings.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Several shopping plazas as well as local restaurants and grocery stores.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Wyndham Lakes has organized?

Shopping, out to lunch, local theater productions, etc.

What transportation services does Wyndham Lakes offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Wyndham Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our residents have the entire community at their disposal. Each apartment building as a common area with a warm, inviting atmosphere, providing a place for our residents to spend time with each other and guest they might have over.

What safety features or security measures does Wyndham Lakes offer to independent living residents?

Does Wyndham Lakes work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with several third party providers to ensure we are offering our residents the best care possible.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Wyndham Lakes meets and exceeds state mandated staffing requirements 24 hours per day , through the use of LPN's , Medication Technicians, and Personal Care Associates .

What safety features or security measures does Wyndham Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured memory neighborhood for residents who need more personalized care.

What programs or activities does Wyndham Lakes offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Wyndham Lakes offers a personalized and an interactive activity program. Each resident is encouraged to reminisce through daily events and personal items.

Wyndham Lakes Memory Care Director uses a collaborative approach to assess each resident. This is done prior to admission , with any change in condition , and as scheduled .

What techniques does Wyndham Lakes use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Wyndham Lakes offers a regular diets , texture modified diets , and many other services that ensure that residents are offered options as their needs change This includes thickened liquids and assistance with eating.

How does Wyndham Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Wyndham Lakes supports the families by keeping them informed through routine care plan meetings and monthly family calls .

Describe the neighborhood around Wyndham Lakes. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Wyndham Lakes is located in a residential neighborhood on Old St Augustine Road in Jacksonville FL . Mandarin area

Is Wyndham Lakes affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Wyndham Lakes partners with ALL hospitals in the area per family request and preference .

Costs for Wyndham Lakes

Photos of Wyndham Lakes

Services and Amenities of Wyndham Lakes

• Licenses: ALF Standard License

About Wyndham Lakes

Wyndham Lakes has been specifically created and thoughtfully designed for social seniors who want to maintain an active lifestyle with the surroundings and comforts of home. Our senior community uses a personalized program of care, moving away from task-oriented and moving toward person-centered care. At Wyndham Lakes, we believe in getting to know each individual that we serve, learning their life story. We use this knowledge about their life and who they are to customize our care to fit the person.

At Wyndham Lakes, our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our nursing staff is committed to providing the best medical monitoring and care to each of our residents. We also utilize resources, such a physical therapy, and occupational therapy to ensure that your loved one receives the very best in senior care.

Located in the heart of Jacksonville on 15 beautifully manicured acres with plenty of outdoor walking and lakes surrounding our Community. Screened in porches in our Independent apartments. We offer affordable solutions to your needs and offer comfort, privacy and peace of mind for residents and families.

Map of Wyndham Lakes