Wyndham Lakes Jacksonville, FL

VA Discount of $200 Per Month

Reviews of Wyndham Lakes

Assisted Living Reviews for Wyndham Lakes

By Terrie Partin

In the dining hall our server June was an absolute delight! We were on a visit to check out the new community and after our great service with June, my father was very impressed. He will be a new resident here in September 2018.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. We are so glad to hear that! Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? It is a fun way to stay engaged and see what your dad is up to. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

By Nancy Zerza

Absolutely the best. Very caring. Always keeps me informed. Good food, wonderful staff.

Hi, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

By Kevin Frisbee

Wyndham Lakes is an excellent community. They provide excellent service with all levels of care! The staff are very professional and truly care about the residents!

Kevin, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Wyndham Lakes!

December 31, 2017

By MaddyG

This community is making changes thru out with new looks, new furniture etc. however the activities in the building are limited, the Director is not professional and not trained in dementia. Entertainment is limited, residents are sitting around looking for something to do. The area in the building which has improved is the food, the director listens to residents and provides a daily menu with choices and visits with residents, the Director actually cares about people and trained. The executive director is no where to be found most days.. Pacifica needs to hire trained professionals and visit the building and speak with residents.

We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director.

July 17, 2017

By Michelen

Wyndham Lakes was not in one building. They had covered walkways, which was nice, but not for a person who can't walk a lot or doesn't choose to. You have to leave that building to go to the dining room or do other activities. They had independent, assisted, and Alzheimer's care. You can have your own apartment with a kitchen. It wasn't as nice as the others, but it's more affordable. The dining room was wonderful and open all day, so you don't have to go to dinner, lunch or breakfast at a certain time. They had a nice menu. They're doing lots of improvements, and doing the whole reception area and the dining room.

Thank you for your detailed review. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments, and will use this as an opportunity to improve. Please feel free to contact us at the community with any and all questions. (541) 639-8554.

April 06, 2016

By Cathy Debbie

My mom really enjoys Wyndham Lake Jacksonville. Everyone seems so cordial and very attentive to the residents. It seems like it is very homey. There was a lady there that my mom already knew, so that makes it very convenient for her to get comfortable. My sister and my mom go there on Saturdays, and since she really likes it, my brother and I have her back there on Sundays. We talked to Julie in marketing, and she told us that there is no problem coming back as many times with any of the family members. They are very helpful with the process of paperwork.

Thanks for the detailed review, Cathy. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Wyndham Lakes. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this detailed and positive review!

August 09, 2015

By Charles110969350

Everybody was nice when you walk in at Wyndham Lakes Jacksonville. I looked at a room, and it was quite small. They had a nice gym. It was not a new building, and they only had one floor, which I thought was good. I thought the dining area was very open.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a positive review for us at Wyndham Lakes. We hope to be of service to you again in the future. Best wishes, Wyndham Lakes

June 28, 2015

My mother moved to Wyndham Lakes about one month ago and seems to be happy with it. I like it. It’s undergoing quite a bit of renovation -- re-shingling, painting of exteriors, and also a lot of re-carpeting of the interior. The food is good, and the staff seems to be good. The cleanliness could be better.

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Wyndham Lakes!

January 18, 2015

By James104644750

Wyndham Lakes was very clean, and the staff was very approachable and caring. They were very good in what they did respective to their job. They ensured that my mother made the rehab appointments on time. It was a very nice facility. They had a lot of different amenities which appeal to her. They also had a lot of activities like movies and bingo. The rooms were clean, and the grounds were clean.

Hi, thank you for your positive review; we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Wyndham Lakes!

April 22, 2014

Mom had been to Wyndham Lakes. It was a one-story building, and it had like an elementary school setting, and they had different buildings. Each one might have 10 apartments in it, and they were connected by walkways. Each building had a little seating area in the front. There was a bigger area, where the dining room was, and it was like a hotel lobby. They had a pond with trees, and it was OK. When she first came there, she just came from rehab for breaking her leg. She was having trouble getting her leg up on the bed, and she asked the lady if she could help get her leg up onto the bed. She said: "If you can't lift your leg, you can't be here." She had a small one-bedroom apartment, and it had a bathroom and kitchenette with a small refrigerator and a sink. I don't think it had a microwave, but you could have one, and I thought she had her own. It was enough room for a dresser, a chair, and a twin bed. That wing smelled all the time like sewage. I would walk in and gag. The kitchen-dining room was right around the corner, and I was wondering if it was the food or the something leaking. Whatever it was, it smelled bad. When I asked them about it, they said: "Oh, it was the drain," but it was pretty consistent. However, their food was pretty good, and the people who worked in the dining room served them their food, and they were very nice, and they treated the residents very well. Then she moved over to the other building, which was more independent and had that little bedroom with the kitchenette, and they had a porch. She was OK over there, but she didn't get as much help as she felt that she needed, like bathing and dressing.

We are very sorry to see you had a negative experience and appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve.

October 28, 2013

By Roberta2

After I went to Wyndham Lakes, I cried. I was very upset because it was like a nursing home. I didn't like the way to get there too. Everything in this facility looked dilapidated. The facilities were not together like in one building, which means that it would be a lot of walking for me. I have to go out and walk to the dining room, but it was quite a walk. Plus the fact that the residents there were older. So there wouldn't be any friends that I could make there. I can relate better with people in the other facility. I didn't talk to their staff. They were very busy at that time. However, the young lady that helped me at this facility was fabulous. She was a very nice girl, very helpful and very kind.

Roberta, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to have a better understanding about your experience. Please reach out to us at your earliest convenience and we will do our best to resolve this with you.

September 26, 2012

Wyndham is near a lake and it has some mountains and stuff like that close by. Their environment is perfect.

Independent Living Reviews for Wyndham Lakes

April 19, 2019

By Daphne

The quality of services provided is excellent. Thank you.

Hello Daphne, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities! Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

April 15, 2019

By Cathy

Very good quality of care and very pleased with the staff and with the facility.

Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

April 14, 2019

By B. Cornel

Nice place with cozy porches. My mom loved living there.

Thank you for sharing your positive review.

April 13, 2019

By Joan

I have lived here for seven years and I like it. It is my home. I’ve received good service on all my wants. My only complaint is the food. It is not very good. It is not a balanced, healthy meal. It really needs help!

Joan, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We appreciate you bringing this experience to our attention. If you are willing, please contact us so we can work towards a resolution. We look forward to hearing from you.

April 13, 2019

By J. Walton

Good in most cases. Some areas need help.

Hi, thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Wyndham Lakes. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

April 08, 2019

By Phyllis

Everyone is wonderful and professional. Housekeeping is excellent. Ed is a “doll”.

Hi Phyllis, thank you for your positive review. We are grateful to see that you feel this way! We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Wyndham Lakes. Thank you very much, we hope you have a wonderful day!

March 01, 2019

By LauraS123

My mother has been an independent living resident for 5 months now. I am there at least once every 2 weeks so I have had a good look at how everything goes on there. She has been very comfortable and active in their various activities like choir, bingo and small trips such as to hear a symphony. The other residents were very welcoming. She is allowed to keep a pet, her cat, which is important for company and helping her feel at home. Each apartment has its own screened in porch which is priceless. The grounds are well maintained and pretty. The staff has been very kind and attentive. My mother sometimes complains about the food ("the chicken was dry last night!") but I often eat there with her and it is very decent and certainly much better and more nutritious than anything she would be capable of making for herself. Overall she seems healthy, comfortable and content.

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time to share your review, your opinion is very important to us. Did you know we have a Facebook page with pictures of our residents and their interesting activities? (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). Please feel free to contact with any and all questions. We hope you have a wonderful day and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming activities!

January 04, 2019

By Wallat

Sherida was great at giving information and tour.

Hello, thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

May 25, 2018

By jmjm

I toured this facility looking for my parents who live out of state. My budget was under $2500. I was shocked to see they could accommodate us with a beautiful screened in porch apartment and meals and an emergency pendant. I couldn’t believe they actually let residents who need nurses to do insulin for them live here but it’s true. I thought my parents would have to go to a nursing home but it looks like I can have them moved in and they can be independent but still get care. I think I’m signing them up in June. They live in Illinois but I think I can get them to move in before Labor Day. Thank you for helping me with this

Hi, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to see that you rated on 3 stars. We strive for 5 star reviews and would like to opportunity to raise our score. We would like to work towards a higher score, so if you are willing, please reach out to us to discuss this further.

October 29, 2017

By Joan

I wasn't very impressed with Wyndham Lakes. You have to travel outdoors all the time to get from one building to another. It was very open, which didn't appeal to me -- what about when there is rainy weather. It looked rather cold. It just wasn't as friendly and warm-looking as the other place I visited. The person who assisted me during the tour didn't seem to be quite as knowledgeable and didn't seem to spend as much time going over what was really important to know. I wasn't terribly impressed.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know how we can improve. We hope you will consider us again in the future. Take care.

May 25, 2017

By shelia627141

My mother-in law loved Wyndham Lakes, and we toured that place four times. That was her preference, and that's where she planned to go. She loves the people, the staff is great, very informative, and very accommodating, and the residents are great. They are currently renovating. They have a Lanai, the animals are friendly, and she can bring animals.

August 29, 2013

By caring08222

My mom is living at Windham Lakes now. She just liked that facility better than the others. The people there are very pleasant and very helpful.The rooms were older than some of the other places we've looked at, but they're clean and painted. She's got a one-bedroom and she's very happy with it. They play Bingo, they have cards, and other games. She seems like she's adjusted pretty good to the place. She said the food is good. She's meeting people, and I think it's what she likes most.

We appreciate your positive review about your experience.

Memory Care Reviews for Wyndham Lakes

May 20, 2014

By Mike45

Mom was at Wyndham Lakes before she died eight days ago. The experience was very good. We never had any regrets with this facility. She had a roommate, and they allowed us to furnish the room to our taste. There were 14 rooms in the memory care unit. The staff were all very friendly. We've been getting some cards and phone calls from the nurses there after Mom died, and we appreciate that. I've eaten there, and the food was healthy and fresh. We were pleased about how every table had its own waiter.

We are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience!

May 09, 2012

By Mike McLemore

This facility is secure, clean, and staffed with attentive, profesional, and gentle caretakers. My parents are in the Alzheimer's section (Memory Care Unit), and though they prefer to spend their time together in their "apartment," the staff does get them out in to the unit to interact with others, and they do outside activities like sing-alongs in the gazebo (in a secure courtyard) and supervised field trips - e.g., picnics to local parks. The food is nutritious, well prepared, fresh, and well varied. Physician comes in weekly; staff are attentive to the occasional need for non-routine care. Onsite physical and occupational therapy is available. Pleasant setting in which residents are treated with respect, dignity, and good care. Such a relief.

See all Memory Care reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Wyndham Lakes

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We are constantly learning new techniques to provide our residents with the highest level of person-centered care. Some examples of care programming are: Florida State Approved Dementia Specialty Training, Transfer Assistance Training, Behavior Problem Solving Training, CPR, First Aid and more. We typically host several classes throughout the month, and offer refresher training courses during monthly All-Staff Meetings.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Wyndham Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is 80 & they enjoy playing cards and other games.

What programs or activities does Wyndham Lakes offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer a diverse activity program that enriches our residents' mind, body, and spirit. Our residents enjoy many favorite things such as exercise programs, shopping trips, trips to local theaters, lunch outings, musical entertainment, watercolor classes, sculpting, golfing, bowling, bingo and much, much more!

What places are near Wyndham Lakes or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Several shopping plazas as well as local restaurants and grocery stores including Walmart, Publix, and Whole Foods!

What transportation services does Wyndham Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation to doctor's appointments and to other outings on the activities calendar.

What makes the chef or dining program at Wyndham Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a great culinary team! Wyndham Lakes features restaurant style dining - our residents have choices. They order off menus and are served just like in a restaurant setting.

What safety features or security measures does Wyndham Lakes offer to assisted living residents?

Our Community is tucked away off the main road alleviating a lot of unnecessary traffic. We have round the clock staff, and all doors lock at 9 pm every evening.

How does Wyndham Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep our residents' families informed about their loved ones' health in a variety of ways which include frequent collaborative care conferences, ED Meet & Greets, phone calls, emails etc.

If Wyndham Lakes accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly! We sit on 13 acres with lots of walking paths and plenty of space for our residents pets to enjoy fresh air and play.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Wyndham Lakes. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Average age is mid 70's. There is a wide variety of activities for our residents. They enjoy cards and outings.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Wyndham Lakes has organized?

Shopping, out to lunch, local theater productions, etc.

What transportation services does Wyndham Lakes offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Wyndham Lakes exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Our residents have the entire community at their disposal. Each apartment building as a common area with a warm, inviting atmosphere, providing a place for our residents to spend time with each other and guest they might have over.

What safety features or security measures does Wyndham Lakes offer to independent living residents?

Does Wyndham Lakes work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We work with several third party providers to ensure we are offering our residents the best care possible.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Wyndham Lakes meets and exceeds state mandated staffing requirements 24 hours per day , through the use of LPN's , Medication Technicians, and Personal Care Associates .

What safety features or security measures does Wyndham Lakes provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secured memory neighborhood for residents who need more personalized care.

What programs or activities does Wyndham Lakes offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Residents in Memory Care participate in over 150 activities a month. Activities are typically held at the same time each day to give our residents a sense of consistency. These activities could include: daily reminiscing, memory fitness games such as historical trivia or word association games, crafting, gardening, life skills ( laundry folding, table setting, sweeping, etc), scenic drives, outings ( zoo trips, local ball games, out to lunch, walking clubs), exercise programs ( stretch & flex, bean bag baseball, sit & be fit), reading groups, Music & Memory programming, and more. We also utilize a specially designed cognitive computer system called In-Touch which stores a variety of brain boosting activities ( Karaoke, fill in the blanks, solitaire card games, word search, etc).

Wyndham Lakes uses a collaborative approach to assess each resident. This is done prior to admission , with any change in condition , and as scheduled . This means we consider the opinions of all parties involved in resident care. These parties may include resident families, Physician's, Therapy Teams, the nursing Team, Caregivers and more.

What techniques does Wyndham Lakes use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Wyndham Lakes offers a regular diets , texture modified diets , and many other services that ensure that residents are offered options as their needs change This includes thickened liquids and assistance with eating.

How does Wyndham Lakes keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Wyndham Lakes. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The neighborhood is a very unique setting. We are located in a residential neighborhood near River City Science Academy and Jacksonville Adventist Academy. Tucked off of Old St Augustine Road, we offer the perfect mixture of convenience and accessibility as well as privacy.

Is Wyndham Lakes affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

While we do not have any direct affiliations, Wyndham Lakes is located near several hospitals and skilled nursing options.

Costs for Wyndham Lakes

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: ALF Standard License

About Wyndham Lakes

Wyndham Lakes has been specifically created and thoughtfully designed for social seniors who want to maintain an active lifestyle with the surroundings and comforts of home. Our senior community uses a personalized program of care, moving away from task-oriented and moving toward person-centered care. At Wyndham Lakes, we believe in getting to know each individual that we serve, learning their life story. We use this knowledge about their life and who they are to customize our care to fit the person.

At Wyndham Lakes, our staff is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our nursing staff is committed to providing the best medical monitoring and care to each of our residents. We also utilize resources, such a physical therapy, and occupational therapy to ensure that your loved one receives the very best in senior care.

Located in the heart of Jacksonville on 15 beautifully manicured acres with plenty of outdoor walking and lakes surrounding our Community. Screened in porches in our Independent apartments. We offer affordable solutions to your needs and offer comfort, privacy and peace of mind for residents and families.

Map of Wyndham Lakes