54 Assisted Living Facilities near Twinsburg, OH
Also serving communities of Glenwillow.
There are 54 Assisted Living Facilities in the Twinsburg area, with 3 in Twinsburg and 51 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Twinsburg is $5,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,396. Cheaper nearby regions include Macedonia with an average starting cost of $4,565.
To help you with your search, browse the 276 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Twinsburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Twinsburg 3.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Macedonia with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Twinsburg, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Twinsburg, OH
51 Assisted Living Facilities near Twinsburg, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Twinsburg
Twinsburg was in Time magazine in 2013 when it featured the best places to live, highlighting the town's well-known Twins Day festivals. About 18,800 people live in Twinsburg - 17.4 percent are seniors.
There are three assisted living facilities in Twinsburg and 48 in nearby towns like Cuyahoga Falls and Cleveland. The Ohio Department of Health licenses all of these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Twinsburg
- Expect fewer sunny days on average and more snow in Twinsburg. About 60 inches of snow fall in the city yearly, so seniors with mobility issues should take extra precautions in the winter. Fortunately, the sun shines an average of 163 days annually.
- Twinsburg is below national crime averages, which should make ALF residents feel safer in town on day trips. The property crime rate is 19.2 compared with 38.1 for the national average. The rate for violent crimes in the city is 17.7, while it is 31.1 nationwide.
- Seniors can get van transportation service through parks and recreation. Additionally, Akron is another city close to Twinsburg, about 22 miles away. It offers public transit routes between the two locations, and senior riders can get discounts. It’s also possible to reach Cleveland from Akron via public transportation. That said, it may be easier to take a rideshare or take a cab the five miles from Twinsburg to Solon and use public transit from there to Cleveland.
- The cost of living in Twinsburg is close to the national average. Housing is a bit above average, with Twinsburg scoring 102 on a scale where 100 is the average cost. Transportation comes in at 107 and groceries at 105.5.
- Twinsburg offers plenty of outdoor opportunities, including walking trails at Liberty Park and Center Valley Park. It has a senior center for residents 55 and older and a community theater.
- Cleveland is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Twinsburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Twinsburg start around $5,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Twinsburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Twinsburg
Some Ohio residents may be able to use a state supplement to defray some of their assisted living expenses. In addition, Ohio caps room and board expenses in assisted living for Medicaid waiver participants, so you might not have to pay more than what you receive in SSI federal benefits. Furthermore, the state offers the MyCare and 1915(c) Assisted Living Program to help qualifying residents with expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Twinsburg
Twinsburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Twinsburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Twinsburg
Twinsburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Twinsburg, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Twinsburg
Review of Maplewood at Twinsburg
Beware! My mother was a resident for 1.5 years, and then my family had no choice BUT to remove her just before 2019. The Environment was Unbearable. I felt Maplewood in Twinsburg was unable to g... Read more
Review of Grande Village Suites
My top choice right now is Grande Village Suites. The visit itself wasn't that memorable, but the place sold itself with the size of the room and the amenities that were available. They offer three... Read more
Review of Maplewood at Twinsburg
My wife lives in Maplewood at Twinsburg. I wouldn't have put her there if it wasn't meeting all my expectations. It is very nice. My wife's room is very nice. The staff members who take care of my ... Read more