Maplewood at Twinsburg

Reviews of Maplewood at Twinsburg

Assisted Living Reviews for Maplewood at Twinsburg

April 21, 2020

By DGiension

My experience with Maplewood at Twinsburg was profound in the sense of a well organized senior living facility. The community is super clean and refreshing. In touring many other facilities, this facility stands out in many ways. One Story - easy access, average sized apartments, food looks great and after my tour, I received homemade cookies (tasted just like my mothers) and lots of happy people living there that were out of their rooms and engaged, some even said hello or made it a point to come up to me. Sadly my family cannot afford the monthly cost of this location, but they were so kind to make recommendations of other places that hold good reviews as well. Maplewood is doing good things and should be proud of what they have. I was impressed.

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for Maplewood at Twinsburg. We are happy to hear you had a positive experience. We value your input and will share with the entire team.

December 18, 2018

By R.E.C.

Beware! My mother was a resident for 1.5 years, and then my family had no choice BUT to remove her just before 2019. The Environment was Unbearable. I felt Maplewood in Twinsburg was unable to give great care due to management issues. Management was No Support other than words. The staff was nice and helpful BUT there were NEVER enough aides. The quality of nursing was great & Horrible; My mother’s medicines were NOT given appropriately too many times. And when we asked for an official medical write-up for doctors on how mom was doing, the Executive Director gave either hand-written Note-Papers -OR- a typed sheet with no date or signature. When the Executive Director was not there, many times I did not know who was in charge. My family did not see improvement and before exiting, three wall pictures were stolen from our mother’s room and since management said, due to ceiling monitors not seeing anything (which I was not shown what could be seen), Maplewood let it go with No write-up given to my family. I didn't want to remove mom BUT with continuing situations, we left Unhappy and viewed the value of Maplewood Twinsburg poor!

June 27, 2018

By George

My wife lives in Maplewood at Twinsburg. I wouldn't have put her there if it wasn't meeting all my expectations. It is very nice. My wife's room is very nice. The staff members who take care of my wife are very caring and very conscious of their jobs. Activities change every day. The majority of the residents are active and interested in the programs. I have eaten there several times, and their food is very adequate, very tasty, and very well presented.

March 08, 2017

By Susan714540

We chose Maplewood at Twinsburg for my mother, and I have nothing negative to say to the place. We were very pleased with the care that they are giving my mom. We were very pleased with the food. Everything she's given is pureed, and that has been our problem in the past, but this time it's very good. The room my mother is in is very spacious. For their activities, people comes in every morning, and they do artwork and painting on canvas which was cool.

Thank you for your recent review. We hope you continue to have such a positive experience.

January 14, 2017

By Dave205464

My mother-in-law is in Maplewood at Twinsburg. We chose it because they seem to put the quality and care of the residents first. It is relatively new. The food selection and choices are good for the residents. They have daily activities, like yoga and exercise, plus trips, bowling, bingo, crafts, and baking lessons. They have a chapel and a salon. The caregivers and nurses seem to be very well instructed, very nice, very complementary, and very helpful.

Memory Care Reviews for Maplewood at Twinsburg

Questions about Maplewood at Twinsburg

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Our affiliation and active involvement with the Alzheimer's Association ensure that our memory care program keeps up with the latest advances. All care staff is trained with Habilitation training focusing on our approach to dementia care.

What programs or activities does Maplewood at Twinsburg offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Residents can exercise their physical and mental well-being with specially curated on-site activities. To ensure residents enjoy a diverse cycle of events and recreation, we employ a full-time activities director. We offer different exercise programs such as low-impact fitness activities chair yoga and stretching classes. We provide regular musical entertainment to take a trip down memory lane. Residents enjoy regular trips and outings to local neighborhoods and towns. For residents who are reluctant to participate in social or recreational activities, we offer pet therapy as a positive and stimulating alternative. Residents may participate in recreational activities such as art classes designed to inspire and stimulate mental well-being and instructive community cooking classes. Residents can also join our gardening club. Our community activities roster includes trivia nights and regular educational lectures covering a wide range of academic topics.

What transportation services does Maplewood at Twinsburg offer to assisted living residents?

Complimentary transportation to local shopping, medical appointments, and more

What makes the chef or dining program at Maplewood at Twinsburg exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our savory menu choices feature ingredients from area farms that are delivered to our chefs daily. They joyfully go to work in our spacious kitchen, creating meals and desserts that celebrate the best of local flavor. There are several daily choices available at each meal.

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Twinsburg offer to assisted living residents?

By strategically using contrasting colors and patterns as a way to reduce falls and increase ease of wayfinding to important spaces, our purposeful design promotes independence as long as possible. Key areas like dining rooms are conveniently located, and placing our courtyards “hacienda-style” in the middle of the building allows easy, safe access for all. Other safety features include a 24 hour emergency response system, all visitors required to sign in and out upon arrival and departure, as well as the community main doors being secured at designated times in the evening until morning.

How does Maplewood at Twinsburg keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We keep our families informed through routine plan of care meetings with our care staff, as well as monthly newsletters.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

What safety features or security measures does Maplewood at Twinsburg provide to protect residents who wander?

Services for residents with Disorientation/Lack of Awareness issues ensure residents are well-directed and receive support in living a healthy lifestyle, and that no one's needs are neglected. The facility supports outdoor leisure hours. Alzheimer's and dementia may encourage wandering as a means of coping with anxiety. Our facility utilizes a locked and secured perimeter to ensure the safety of our residents. Our facilities are secure and the staff is specially trained in de-escalating exit-seeking behaviors. We accept residents with behavioral issues - our staff is specially trained in de-escalating behavioral episodes and our facilities are fully equipped to handle any related occurrences that may arise.

What programs or activities does Maplewood at Twinsburg offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

To ensure residents enjoy a diverse cycle of events and recreation, we employ a full-time activities director. We offer different exercise programs such as low-impact fitness activities chair yoga and stretching classes. We provide regular musical entertainment to take a trip down memory lane. Residents enjoy regular trips and outings to local neighborhoods and towns. For residents who are reluctant to participate in social or recreational activities, we offer pet therapy as a positive and stimulating alternative. Residents may participate in recreational activities such as art classes designed to inspire and stimulate mental well-being and instructive community cooking classes. Residents can also join our gardening club. Our community activities roster includes trivia nights and regular educational lectures covering a wide range of topics. We also provide Brain Fitness Center using Touch of HEART, an emotion-based philosophy of care that each of our associates has been trained in.

What techniques does Maplewood at Twinsburg use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our dining rooms are designed for socializing and creating a multi-sensory, therapeutic experience for all—especially for those living with memory impairment, whose senses, including taste and smell, decrease over time. The open kitchen concept allows aromas to reach the residents well before the plate arrives, and the openness encourages our culinary team and residents to get to know each other. Our chefs creatively prepare dishes daily that are fresh, aromatic, and bursting with flavor to boost our residents’ moods and appetites. Our white tableware and contrasting linens enhance depth perception.

Describe the neighborhood around Maplewood at Twinsburg. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Located halfway between Cleveland and Akron, we are close to a vibrant downtown area, complete with town square, restaurants, and shopping venues.

Costs for Maplewood at Twinsburg

• Features Extra: Theater, Pub, Game Room

• State Licenses: 2741R

• Get Costs

About Maplewood at Twinsburg

Maplewood at Twinsburg is focused on serving the needs of those needing assisted living or those affected by Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Now, local seniors have trusted choice of living a life of supported independence in an environment that champions their growth, potential and well-being. Our community blends natural beauty with a unique design to offer you or your loved one a positive living experience.

Maplewood at Twinsburg is more than exceptional amenities. Our staff is professionally trained to care for your family member. On-site registered nurses are here 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We also offer a state-of-the-art 24-hour call system to ensure the well being of our residents.

Map of Maplewood at Twinsburg