28 Assisted Living Facilities near Hudson, OH
Also serving communities of Streetsboro.
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hudson area, with 3 in Hudson and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hudson is $3,467 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Richfield with an average starting cost of $2,944.
To help you with your search, browse the 191 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hudson. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hudson 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Macedonia with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hudson, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Hudson, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hudson
A middle-class suburb Hudson is a small community in Summit County, in Northeast Ohio. As of 2010, there are approximately 22,200 residents in Hudson, 15.6 percent aged 65 or older. Within Hudson, there are three assisted living facilities with 47 in nearby towns and cities, including Macedonia, Cuyahoga Falls, Stow, and Aurora.
In Ohio, Hudson included, all assisted living facilities, also termed residential care centers, are overseen and licensed by the Ohio Department of Health. Each region in Ohio is also assigned a Long-Term Care Ombudsman.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hudson
- Weather in Hudson, Ohio is fairly typical for the Midwest with a summer high around 82 and a January low of 19. Seniors who choose Hudson can expect above-average precipitation, however, with 39 average inches of rain and 51 inches of snow.
- Seniors on a budget should keep cost of living in mind; costs are quite high in Hudson, coming in around 36 percent above the national average.
- Crime is extremely low in Hudson, providing a safe place for seniors to call home. As compared to national crime rates of 276.1 per 100,000 people, Hudson clocks in at just 26.7.
- The state of Ohio, including the city of Hudson, is relatively tax-friendly for seniors, with a state marginal tax rate of 2.97 percent and no tax on Social Security distributions. However, withdrawals from retirement accounts are taxed in full.
- Public transportation in Hudson is very limited, with several bus routes provided by the METRO Regional Transit Authority that serves the city of Akron and Summit County. Select senior transportation is available in Hudson through the American Red Cross, among private opportunities.
- The Hudson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including University Hospitals Hudson Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hudson
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Hudson start around $3,467 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hudson and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hudson
In Hudson, eligible seniors with Medicaid may be able to reduce the costs associated with assisted living facilities through the expansion programs in place in Ohio, including the assisted living waiver program. Summit County is also among the 29 counties participating in the MyCare Ohio program, an additional form of support for those with Medicaid.
Without Medicaid, however, options for financial assistance in Hudson are limited. For those who qualify, resources may be available through the Residential State Supplement (RSS) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hudson
Hudson and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hudson, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hudson
Hudson-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Hudson, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hudson
Review of Hudson Elms Nursing Home
This is beyond words terrible. NOT ADA Accessible! Double doors for wheelchair bound people with no automatic openers and the only single door was SCREWED SHUT FROM THE OUTSIDE!! This is a hazard... Read more
Review of Hudson Grande Senior Living
My mom and dad lived here. My dad died after 4 months. Everyone was supportive and wonderful and I was so thankful my mom was there. Then they were sold to Arrow Senior Living Management, LLC. ... Read more
Review of Hudson Grande Senior Living
When we moved Mom her they were OK but a few month later they changed hands and it has gone way downhill. They don't do the extra things we pay for, like making sure she gets a shower. We pay extra... Read more