21 Assisted Living Facilities near Stow, OH
Also serving communities of Munroe Falls, Tallmadge, Kent.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stow area, with 3 in Stow and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stow is $3,520 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Hudson with an average starting cost of $3,467.
To help you with your search, browse the 127 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stow. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stow 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cuyahoga Falls with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stow, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Stow, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stow
Stow, Ohio, lies just 40 miles south of the bustling city of Cleveland — named one of the best U.S. cities for seniors in 2011. With around 15 percent of Stow’s population being over 65, there are plenty of options for seniors seeking assistance with daily living. There are three assisted living facilities within Stow and another 20 to choose from in the surrounding area.
The Ohio Department of Health regulates assisted living facilities, known as residential care facilities, in the state of Ohio. These facilities may offer personal care services such as prepared meals, assistance with daily living or medication management to seventeen or more seniors in a homelike setting.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stow
- The crime rate is low in Stow, which may create a safe haven for seniors and their loved ones. Violent crime is rated at 21.9 out of 100 (1 being the safest), which is much lower than the national average of 31.1. Property crime is also quite low, rated at 28.8 in comparison with the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors living in Stow have access to the Akron METRO bus system for their shopping, entertainment and appointment needs. Seniors receive a discount with valid ID.
- Seniors may have difficulties being active in Stow due to the chilly winters with a low average of 20 degrees in January and 4 feet of snowfall. The summers are pleasant, however, with a high average of 83 degrees in June.
- Seniors with severe asthma or respiratory conditions may fare better in Stow, and throughout Summit County, than other more polluted areas. The American Lung Association gave this area two good B scores for its ozone and Particle Pollution 24-hour ranking.
- The Stow area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Urgent Care at Western Reserve Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors living in Stow enjoy a cost of living score of 91.3, which is 8.7 percent lower than the national average. They may be able to afford better personal care services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stow
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Stow start around $3,622 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stow and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stow
Qualified seniors on a budget who are seeking aid with assisted living costs have access to two Medicaid waivers, the Assisted Living Waiver and the MyCare Ohio Plan (MCOP), a managed Medicaid program for seniors who are eligible for both Medicare and Medicaid. In addition, the Ohio Department of Mental Health offers qualified seniors who are enrolled in Medicaid the Residential State Supplement (RSS) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stow
Stow and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stow, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stow
Stow-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Stow, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stow
Review of The Landing of Stow
I went to The Landing of Stow. The rooms were of good size. I liked the size of the rooms, although my sister's in a two-bedroom, so she would prefer that, I'm sure. The rooms I saw were pretty muc... Read more
Review of Vitalia Senior Residences at Stow
We had family member live her for 7 months. Unfortunately she passed recently. Can not say enough about this lovely facility. The staff and nurses are incredible. Very good communication. She recei... Read more
Review of The Landing of Stow
My dad is at The Landing of Stow and we are very happy with it. The staff is responsive, and my dad loves the food. He is not happy to be there, but very few people at 92 are. He keeps asking me wh... Read more