Cardinal Retirement Village

Reviews of Cardinal Retirement Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Cardinal Retirement Village

September 29, 2015

By Margaret109470250

Cardinal Retirement Village in Cuyahoga Falls have little apartments, and the one my mother got was completely redone. It had covered floors, carpets, bathroom, everything, and it's very very nice. The people working there are wonderful. They’re just lovely people all over.The food is excellent too. They have a weekly menu and daily special. They have a lot of social recreations as well. She only goes to some of there concerts, and she likes it. What impressed me most from this community was their concern for the residents.

September 17, 2015

I visited Cardinal Retirement Village. The apartment was one bedroom with a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, a bedroom, and a screened in patio. I knew it was a good place to live. I talked to people who had relatives who lived there, and they were really pleased with it. I chose it because it was close to my church, and a lot of my friends lived around there.

June 29, 2015

By Paul108443450

We moved mom at Cardinal Retirement Village about two weeks ago. So far, we are very pleased with the place. It was wonderful, warm, and inviting. The staff was excellent. I would recommend them to other people. This week, they have people coming in to play. They have bingo and auctions once a month. They have a lot of outside patio areas and sitting areas. They have constant food available 24 hours a day -- coffee, tea, and snacks for anyone. It is comfortable and warm. The staff could not be better from the receptionist to the maintenance people to the chef. Their activities director gets very involved. For their physical therapy needs, they have somebody on staff there that can help. So far, I have no complaints at all.

November 11, 2014

By Linda (Soucie) Stotzer

It's been 7 yrs since my father passed away. He moved to Cardinal village after my mom passed away because he was lonely. He had lost his best friend 6 months earlier. He spent about a year in retirement village before he had to move to assisted living and passed not long after that. EVERYONE there were wonderful. The staff, the other residents, everyone. He felt at home there. He loved the screened porch. We feel he was blessed to be there. If you are considering a retirement place to make life easier for yourself, or your parents, I highly recommend that you check this place out.

August 27, 2014

By ErinC

This is a very nice community and not institutional at all. Mom can set up her apartment with lots of room for furniture and storage. The best is the outdoor living areas. Apartments have screened-in porches to enjoy the outdoors without mosquitoes (Only community to have such). There are residents of all ages here with a very active lifestyle program. Food is also very good as we had dinner from an extensive menu. Overall a very beautiful setting.

Independent Living Reviews for Cardinal Retirement Village

November 02, 2016

By Sondra354670

Cardinal Retirement Village was very nice, and I really had no complaints about it. They had nice staff and a lovely atmosphere. It was quite cozy and felt very homey. The staff was great, and the rooms were very nice and bright. It was a lovely place.

Thank you for visiting our community and taking the time to post a review. We are currently upgrading all carpeting and flooring surfaces throughout the building and adding additional living areas as well. We hope you will visit us again soon when all of our updates are complete.

October 20, 2016

By Cyndy302047

The people that worked at Cardinal Retirement Village were outstanding, very kind, and very compassionate. The room was very nice. It's a studio apartment so it's on the smaller side, but it was beautiful and still very nice. It had a sliding glass door that went to a covered, screened-in patio. It was very nice, and it was just $1,455 a month. They have very good menus and a very good chef, and they offered you continental breakfast, lunch you get yourself, and a full dinner. The room has a stove and a refrigerator, so it has everything in there.

Thank you so much for visiting our community and taking the time to post your comments and impressions. I hope you will have the chance to visit us again once our new expansion is complete.

October 10, 2016

By NH837601

I visited Cardinal Retirement Village. It’s small, but the rooms were nice. They have screened-in patios. They did allow animals. The people were nice. It is all in one floor. They have the trips. They take you to the doctor’s and to grocery store. However, they only provide a continental breakfast and a dinner. It’s a beautiful place, but they’re doing a lot of construction.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and review our community. In order to better accommodate our residents we decided to expand our social living areas to include additional lounge, dining, cafe, business center, library and gathering spots. As a result of this expansion, we've had to close many areas which make our community seem small to some visitors. Fortunately, construction will be completed before the holidays and will add another 2500 square feet of space to serve more than 120 residents. While continental breakfast and dinner are included in the monthly rate, a hot breakfast and lunch are also available to our independent seniors on an ala carte basis. This option allows us to keep our rates competitive while still offering flexibility with meals. All apartments have kitchen areas with full size refrigerator and oven/range combination. In contrast, All assisted living apartments include 3 meals within the rate.

June 11, 2016

By Dianna280578

Cardinal Retirement Village was wonderful and very clean. The staff was very cheerful, answered all of our questions, and was patient with us. We toured the whole facility. I was really impressed, and Mom is living there now. They have a really nice dining area with a chef on staff, and I really liked that you can order off a menu. Your meal is freshly prepared for you, which is really cool. They have a library, little sitting areas around the hallway, and areas with different activities. They also had a community room available for families, a little kitchenette, a round table, and sliding doors that go out to a patio and green space. If you want to have a birthday party, you can use that space. My mom has a one-bedroom apartment with a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bathroom. Her living room has two chairs, a good-sized couch, TV, and a computer desk. Her bedroom has a king-sized bed, a dresser, and a chest of drawers. The bathroom is wheelchair accessible and has a walk-in shower. Her kitchen has an apartment-sized stove and a smaller refrigerator that’s perfect for her. It has a huge storage area that she’s using as a pantry. They have a pull down door and a wonderful attic storage area that’s very clean and spacious. She also has a sliding door to her own personal screened-in porch.

March 26, 2016

By Anonymous121871950

Cardinal Retirement is a much older facility pretty much in the city on Graham Road, a pretty busy road. I had to wait because no one was around at the time of my visit. It had an older feeling to it, but it was least expensive. It needs updating. They had a schedule of activities. Some program was going on when I was there, and the staff was very friendly.

July 31, 2015

By Margaret109470250

Cardinal Retirement Village has little apartments, and the one my mother got was completely redone, covered floors, carpet, bathroom, everything. The people that work there are wonderful. Every person that works there, even in the kitchen, the waitresses, everybody knows everybody's name. They're just lovely people. I'm very impressed with their employees. I've eaten there with her, and the food is excellent. They have a weekly menu and then a daily special. They provide a lot of recreations, but she doesn't get too involved. She socializes with people, and she goes to some of the concerts, but she is not into the games. She likes the apartment setup and the porch. It's like her own little apartment.

July 13, 2015

The staff at Cardinal Retirement Village checks on me everyday, but as far as meals goes, I have to do that myself, except for dinner. Food is good some nights, and at other nights, it's not too good. I have an efficiency apartment now. I did have a one-bedroom, but it was way too expensive. They have various programs. We had one this afternoon -- and I went there for a little bit -- called Patriotic Music for Fourth for July, but it wasn't really for me, so I decided to come back. Basically what I do for my entertainment right now is use my computer. The facility is secure. The security person is on-staff here, he lives here, and he more or less keeps an eye on the place during the night. The doors are locked too. They could definitely improve on the meals. I think for the money that they charge the people here that they should at least give you another one.

June 26, 2014

My mom liked Cardinal Retirement Village. It had a nice little patio area where my mom wanted to have some plants and a little bit of a garden. It was a screened porch area. She really liked that. The rooms were a nice size. They weren't as new and as big as others, but they were a nice size. They had lots of activities there. They had outside trips into the community, and they had a bus service.

May 30, 2014

By Scott16

I like everything about Cardinal Village. The layout, lots of activities, food, and transportation. They have everything there. The facility is very nice and very clean. The staff were very friendly. The rooms are a little bit updated. It has a living room with a small bathroom and a kitchen area. They also have a patio that she really likes. They play puzzles and bingo. They also have arts and crafts and a physical therapist that would come around. One of the other main items that we like is they have transportation to take them to the dollar store and to grocery shopping. It’s a great facility.

January 29, 2014

We had placed mom at Cardinal Retirement Village. The environment is very relaxed. It’s very homey and not pretentious. It's nicely and tastefully decorated without being overdone so it's very comfortable to be there. What we really like about the place was that the residents actually have an apartment to live in, not just a room so there's little kitchenette, a living room, a nice size bedroom, and a fully equipped bathroom. I really like it. They have tons of activities that take place on the premises plus they have their own bus that takes them to place and restaurant and hikes; they do walking trails. Every apartment also comes with its own private screened patio with its garden and the area around the patio is there to use. If they wish they can put furniture out there. They can garden/plant whatever they want. It's perfect; absolutely wonderful.

Costs for Cardinal Retirement Village

Photos of Cardinal Retirement Village

Services and Amenities of Cardinal Retirement Village

• Fee Structure Extra: Entry Fee Cost : $1000

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Cardinal Retirement Village

Living at Cardinal Retirement Village gives our residents every opportunity to keep active, stay involved and age gracefully.

Home Cooked Meals:

Our chefs plan meals that are similar to ones that residents have prepared over the years. Fresh fruits and vegetables accompany every meal.

Life Enrichment Activities:

We try to stimulate our seniors in social activities, physical skills, and mental stimulation activities, As important, we encourage our seniors to express their opinions, desires and feelings, so that they can be part of a “living community”.

Transportation:

Transportation to medical appointments is provided as well as weekly shopping trips and social outings.

Salon:

A beauty shop is on site to keep our seniors looking good.

Housekeeping and Maintenance:

Friendly housekeepers and maintenance staff are scheduled to clean and maintain our seniors apartment homes.

Personal Care Services:

Our staff is available to help with medicine reminders, assisting in showering, and sometimes just to be a friend.

Independent Living:

Our independent senior living communities provide the versatility and benefits of being in your own home without the burdens and complexities of everyday life. Our seniors benefit from an independent lifestyle that promotes new friendships, community involvement and connection to you and your neighbors.

Assisted Living:

Our assisted living and personal care community offers a personalized lifestyle for our residents that balances independence and assistance with Activities of Daily Living. Our care staff will develop an individualized care plan for each resident based on their needs. Residents will enjoy the privacy of their own apartment and the security of 24-hour personal assistance. We believe Assisted Living should empower our residents by celebrating their unique identity, life experiences and dreams. Our residents enjoy an active lifestyle while benefiting from a broad array of services and amenities that include:

• Personalized Care Program
  • Personal alert system
  • Assistance with daily tasks
  • 24-hour care staff
  • Chef prepared meals with snacks
  • Exercise & Planned Wellness Programs