Cardinal Retirement Village

Cardinal Retirement Village (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Cardinal Retirement Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Cardinal Retirement Village

September 17, 2015

I visited Cardinal Retirement Village. The apartment was one bedroom with a kitchen, a living room, a bathroom, a bedroom, and a screened in patio. I knew it was a good place to live. I talked to people who had relatives who lived there, and they were really pleased with it. I chose it because it was close to my church, and a lot of my friends lived around there.

June 29, 2015

By Paul108443450

We moved mom at Cardinal Retirement Village about two weeks ago. So far, we are very pleased with the place. It was wonderful, warm, and inviting. The staff was excellent. I would recommend them to other people. This week, they have people coming in to play. They have bingo and auctions once a month. They have a lot of outside patio areas and sitting areas. They have constant food available 24 hours a day -- coffee, tea, and snacks for anyone. It is comfortable and warm. The staff could not be better from the receptionist to the maintenance people to the chef. Their activities director gets very involved. For their physical therapy needs, they have somebody on staff there that can help. So far, I have no complaints at all.

November 11, 2014

By Linda (Soucie) Stotzer

It's been 7 yrs since my father passed away. He moved to Cardinal village after my mom passed away because he was lonely. He had lost his best friend 6 months earlier. He spent about a year in retirement village before he had to move to assisted living and passed not long after that. EVERYONE there were wonderful. The staff, the other residents, everyone. He felt at home there. He loved the screened porch. We feel he was blessed to be there. If you are considering a retirement place to make life easier for yourself, or your parents, I highly recommend that you check this place out.

August 27, 2014

By ErinC

This is a very nice community and not institutional at all. Mom can set up her apartment with lots of room for furniture and storage. The best is the outdoor living areas. Apartments have screened-in porches to enjoy the outdoors without mosquitoes (Only community to have such). There are residents of all ages here with a very active lifestyle program. Food is also very good as we had dinner from an extensive menu. Overall a very beautiful setting.

Independent Living Reviews for Cardinal Retirement Village

March 26, 2016

By Anonymous121871950

Cardinal Retirement is a much older facility pretty much in the city on Graham Road, a pretty busy road. I had to wait because no one was around at the time of my visit. It had an older feeling to it, but it was least expensive. It needs updating. They had a schedule of activities. Some program was going on when I was there, and the staff was very friendly.

July 31, 2015

By Margaret109470250

Cardinal Retirement Village has little apartments, and the one my mother got was completely redone, covered floors, carpet, bathroom, everything. The people that work there are wonderful. Every person that works there, even in the kitchen, the waitresses, everybody knows everybody's name. They're just lovely people. I'm very impressed with their employees. I've eaten there with her, and the food is excellent. They have a weekly menu and then a daily special. They provide a lot of recreations, but she doesn't get too involved. She socializes with people, and she goes to some of the concerts, but she is not into the games. She likes the apartment setup and the porch. It's like her own little apartment.

July 13, 2015

The staff at Cardinal Retirement Village checks on me everyday, but as far as meals goes, I have to do that myself, except for dinner. Food is good some nights, and at other nights, it's not too good. I have an efficiency apartment now. I did have a one-bedroom, but it was way too expensive. They have various programs. We had one this afternoon -- and I went there for a little bit -- called Patriotic Music for Fourth for July, but it wasn't really for me, so I decided to come back. Basically what I do for my entertainment right now is use my computer. The facility is secure. The security person is on-staff here, he lives here, and he more or less keeps an eye on the place during the night. The doors are locked too. They could definitely improve on the meals. I think for the money that they charge the people here that they should at least give you another one.

June 26, 2014

My mom liked Cardinal Retirement Village. It had a nice little patio area where my mom wanted to have some plants and a little bit of a garden. It was a screened porch area. She really liked that. The rooms were a nice size. They weren't as new and as big as others, but they were a nice size. They had lots of activities there. They had outside trips into the community, and they had a bus service.

May 30, 2014

By Scott16

I like everything about Cardinal Village. The layout, lots of activities, food, and transportation. They have everything there. The facility is very nice and very clean. The staff were very friendly. The rooms are a little bit updated. It has a living room with a small bathroom and a kitchen area. They also have a patio that she really likes. They play puzzles and bingo. They also have arts and crafts and a physical therapist that would come around. One of the other main items that we like is they have transportation to take them to the dollar store and to grocery shopping. It’s a great facility.

January 29, 2014

We had placed mom at Cardinal Retirement Village. The environment is very relaxed. It’s very homey and not pretentious. It's nicely and tastefully decorated without being overdone so it's very comfortable to be there. What we really like about the place was that the residents actually have an apartment to live in, not just a room so there's little kitchenette, a living room, a nice size bedroom, and a fully equipped bathroom. I really like it. They have tons of activities that take place on the premises plus they have their own bus that takes them to place and restaurant and hikes; they do walking trails. Every apartment also comes with its own private screened patio with its garden and the area around the patio is there to use. If they wish they can put furniture out there. They can garden/plant whatever they want. It's perfect; absolutely wonderful.

Questions about Cardinal Retirement Village

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Cardinal Retirement Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Ages range from mid 60's to 96. Average age is 86. Most residents enjoy gardening, outdoor trips and musical events

What programs or activities does Cardinal Retirement Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We provide physical exercise programs each weekday and include balloflex (music and movement), aerobics and yoga. Brain games are also scheduled twice a week to stimulate memory and problem solving. Spiritual programs also include communion, bible study classes and chapel

What places are near Cardinal Retirement Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Accessible destinations include Menard's home improvement, Giant Eagle, Starbucks, Marc's discount store and several cafe's and eateries

What transportation services does Cardinal Retirement Village offer to assisted living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Cardinal Retirement Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef takes pride in offering a variety of entrees each day (5) which focus on minimally processed ingredients and can accommodate special diets. Three meals are offered each day in a large, well lighted dining room

What safety features or security measures does Cardinal Retirement Village offer to assisted living residents?

A security guard resides on property and is on duty each night to assist our overnight care services aids when needed. In-room pull cords are standard for all residents and bracelet/necklace medallion alarms are also available for emergency calls

How does Cardinal Retirement Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Schedules and logs are kept within Care Services department. Nurses are either present or on call 24 hours a day and communicate with families regularly via telephone or in person. Families may visit residents

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Cardinal Retirement Village during daytime and nighttime hours?

Ratios vary based upon census, but typically lighter overnight and peaking during late morning & afternoons

If Cardinal Retirement Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

All apartments have courtyard access for residents and pets to enjoy

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

We offer a variety of in-service, continuing education and dementia certification opportunities for staff.

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Cardinal Retirement Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents range in age from early 60's to 103. Average age is around 80. Most residents enjoy outdoor games and events, large auctions, musical events and cultural discussions

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Cardinal Retirement Village has organized?

Amish Country Flea Market and museum, Pontoon Boat outings at nearby lakes, Cuyahoga Valley Railroad trips, Antique show outings

What transportation services does Cardinal Retirement Village offer to independent living residents?

We have a community Bus which transports residents to scheduled doctor's appointments, churches, restaurants and field trips. We can also arrange for local SCAT vehicles to pickup during off times.

What makes the chef or dining program at Cardinal Retirement Village exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Our chef takes pride in offering a variety of entrees each day (5) which focus on minimally processed ingredients and can accommodate special diets. Meals are served restaurant style with a weekly changing menu and a special entree each day.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Large living room, Library, TV/community room, Cafe, private dining, Main Dining room, Lounge, Beauty shop, laundry rooms

What safety features or security measures does Cardinal Retirement Village offer to independent living residents?

Exit doors automatically lock upon closing for security. Main front door locks after general business hours and can only be accessed from an alert system. On site security guard is on premises during overnight shifts. Morning safety checks are standard for all residents and absence from dinner will be noted and followed up on for additional security

Multiple grassy courtyards and walking trails are available for both pets and residents

Does Cardinal Retirement Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Our care services nurse and staff are available to check vitals and aid in emergencies. We also have an onsite therapy group that sets up and conducts services for residents

What safety features or security measures does Cardinal Retirement Village provide to protect residents who wander?

All Exterior doorways are alarmed and provide notification to staff when opened.

Costs for Cardinal Retirement Village

• Minimum Age: 55 Or Disabled
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Licenses: Assisted Living

About Cardinal Retirement Village

Cardinal Village is a safe and secure active senior retirement community near Akron, Ohio. We offer spacious independent and assisted living living apartments as well as on-site physical, occupational and speech therapy. Our simple monthly rate includes screened-in porches, utilities, cable TV, restaurant style dining, housekeeping and maintenance, entertainment, bus transportation, physical lifestyle activities, in-room security, beauty salon and much more. Pets are also welcome. We are conveniently located in Cuyahoga Falls near the communities of Stow, Hudson, Tallmadge and Fairlawn. We do not charge any additional fees beyond the security deposit and monthly rate.

We offer spacious private apartments with an abundance of storage and outdoor living areas including private screened-in porches

Map of Cardinal Retirement Village