Independence Village of Aurora

Reviews of Independence Village of Aurora

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Aurora

March 10, 2021

By tonycarole

Just a great place for our dad. The staff is extremely helpful, understanding and kind. They have lots of great activities that he really enjoys. I would highly recommend Independence Village to anyone looking for an assisted living facility !!

October 01, 2019

By Patti B.

We looked at a number of facilities when considering a new home for Mom. The first thing that struck us about Independence Village was how staff immediately began calling Mom by her her first name and introduced other staff to her so they could use her name, too. And that was before we even signed on! The apartments are more than adequate. The staff are helpful and responsive to requests. In addition, they are amazingly gracious in the face of residents' criticism or complaints. At least in Mom's case, she was the one who forgot or didn't understand, yet, the staff kindly listened and worked to resolve the issue. In our case, Mom was willing to move. Even so, the first weeks we wondered if she would manage to adjust. It didn't seem to be working. The director encouraged us saying that it often takes 4-6 weeks for a new resident to settle in. Sure enough, Mom passed through that initial unsettled-ness and is a very happy camper now. I could go on! One more winning point. One day I picked Mom up early for a doctor's appointment. Staff noticed that she didn't come out for the continental breakfast which was her normal routine. They didn't see her at exercise class which she usually attends. And, late morning, the receptionist called Mom to see if she was OK! Wow! That really made my husband and I feel like Mom is in a place where people genuinely care about each resident and try to keep an eye out for each one. We heartily recommend Independence Village.

January 11, 2018

By Steve

Independence Village is newer, and the rooms are bigger, but it's very expensive. It was way too much money. The staff member was nice, described a little bit what was going own, but I didn't see a facility for rehab. The room was basically a studio layout with one bed, a walk-in closet, and shower.

We apologize that we were unable to meet your needs. We do have a wide range of apartment styles and care packages that vary in price, as well. Some rehabilitation services can often be provided within our community if needed. We partner with financial experts to help, when necessary. Thank you for visiting our community and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

March 13, 2017

By Karen478513

My daughter was a resident at Independence Village of Aurora, but she passed two weeks ago. The place was beautiful. They had nicely appointed one-bedroom apartments with a spacious living room, kitchen, bedroom, and large bathroom. She was well taken care of. The nurses and all of the staff were very conscientious and caring people. The location was convenient, and the grounds were beautiful.

July 14, 2016

By Kathryn677528

Independence Village was clean and very new. The people that we met with were very informative, but what impressed me the most was how the staff engaged with the residents. They had activities away from the site that they can participate in, plus social hours, bridge, and cards. They had ambulatory service available and their own bus. They served all meals. We had an overall great impression of it.

July 01, 2016

By Carolyn477641

Independence Village of Aurora was OK, but expensive and it was not updated as we have seen like in other places. It was nice that everybody had their own apartments and there’s more space, but there was less interaction. It was more like an apartment building for old people. The staff was good and helpful. Their amenities were nice, but the main area needs updating.

Hello Carolyn, Thank you for leaving a review. Our main priority at our community is to promote the safety and happiness of our residents so they can live carefree in their retirement. We are surprised to hear you say that you witnessed less interaction, as we have planned activities throughout the day. We always encourage seniors considering a move to Independence Village to visit during dinner time or for an event, so they can get an idea of what all we have to offer. Please call our Community Specialist if you’d like to schedule an additional visit. Thank you!

November 12, 2015

By Anne S

I have visited this facility and find it very impressive. The staff are very friendly and caring. The facility is clean, fresh and inviting. Activities are ongoing all the time. My friend is so happy, all of her needs are taken care of, she has made friends and she just glows with health and contentment! That itself is a testimonial to how well this facility is run.

September 29, 2015

By Jane113082850

Independence Village was OK. It wasn't quite as homey, but it's a newer facility, and it was very nice and clean. I just met with the marketing lady, and she was very friendly and helpful. It seemed OK, but it just wasn't what I was looking for, for my aunt. The rooms were small, but nice. I was there for an hour, looked at a room, and talked to the lady, and it was definitely not what I wanted.

August 11, 2015

By cran8934

Moving my father out of my home where I cared for him was frighting. When we came in for a tour, we fell in love. During the tour staff members walked by and made a point to say hello. Every person we seen during the tour had a smile on their faces. It didn't stop there, my father and I decided this was the place for him. When he moved in, wach department welcomed him and explained their departments and what they would help him with. He has made several new friends. He always says how if he suggests something to the upper management they always take it into consideration and acts upon it. He has had great experience with all the staff. This was a great decision we made. He is so happy living there.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Aurora

July 15, 2022

By Alex c

I would recommend anyone who needs some assistance but can still live independently to check out independence village in Aurora!! The staff is amazing in so many ways, friendly, helpful, fun and caring! Always willing to help or understand your situation and needs! So much fun planned every day!! Appealing to many different personalities and likes!! My mom loves it here and the staff, three years and going strong!! A+

March 27, 2022

By Kari

I thought the Independence Village of Aurora was beautiful. It was very well laid out, I love the activities that they offer, and I love that they fill the gap between the clients' needs so they don't have to go into assisted living. They provided assistance to keep them and their independent apartment arrangement as long as they could. We saw their independent living and the staff was very courteous, friendly, very nice, very helpful, and answered all of our questions. They had a library, a game room, an entertainment room where they play music, and an area where they do exercises with them. They had a breakfast bar area, and then, of course, the dining room. There are outside venues for movies and concerts during the summer too. For activities, they have a game room, a pool table, and movie nights.

October 21, 2021

By Alan

The overall feel of Independence Village of Aurora matched well with my parents' needs. The person who gave us the tour did an excellent job, and we thought the apartments were very good. Their dining areas were restaurant-like and the food was quite good too. They have multiple things that happen daily, from exercises to bingo to virtual visits to different countries. So, it's quite excellent.

June 30, 2021

By Tina S.

Every staff member I have encountered has gone above and beyond. The facility is always clean. The staff is always willing to help. They have very cool activities. I would and have recommended this facility to everyone. My dad's rooms are very nice and the courtyard is a wonderful asset and beautiful to look at and be in.

June 29, 2021

By mdfoster1

All of the staff at Independence Village has done a tremendous job at making this transition for my mom as efficient and emotionally successful as possible, especially when it was a quick decision after a medical emergency. The facility is immaculately clean and everybody is very kind. I am confident that mom is getting the best care and attention In portage county. There is an abundance of activities available daily.

March 11, 2021

By Dan Dean

My mother has been happy with her living situation at Independence Village. The staff are simply good people who are committed to the residents they serve. The community offers a range of activities such as: exercise sessions, mini seminars on health related topics, and special events revolving around a holiday (ie- July 4th. Cookout for residents in the court yard). My mother’s favorite activities are going to Sunday School and church services which are perfect for elderly folks.

February 17, 2021

By Karen750

We looked at several places for my dad and he felt very comfortable in choosing Independent Living at Independence Village of Aurora. He found both the staff and fellow residents to be very friendly and helpful. Our calls are always answered promptly and the building is always clean and neat. A meticulous courtyard with a walking path and patio is at the center of the facility and many of the units overlook this green space. There are many wonderful events for the residents to participate in throughout the year. Highly recommend that you walk in the door and see for yourself. Its well worth the time of a tour!

September 17, 2019

By jill brown

Initially, when my parent's moved to Ivil-Aurora, things were different. We were told of amenities that initially were provided, but as time went on things changed. Get in writing what you are told and what your expectations are. We were told, even on the "independent" side care would be available and provided. As my parent's needs changed this was not the case. The facility also changed and the "Wellness" program changed. It was a struggle to have the Aids provide what they were supposed to do, when they were supposed to. At one point the cost of my Dad's care package increased by 400%!!! That being said... The facility is nice and it used to be more of a family atmosphere. Corporate changes have changed the "feel" of the facility. The employees come and go, especially in the Wellness Dept. The dining has also declined. The facility is well maintained and the resident's do maintain a great sense of community. The resident's make this place work. We love that it is smaller than some of the new communities, but the "Corporate" mentality of employees is noticed. My parent's moved in Sep 2013 and have enjoyed the activities, community and I feel good with their overall wellbeing. Like all things, sometimes, bigger and more is not better.

August 21, 2017

By Sue

My mother has been in Independence Village of Aurora for about a month now. We found it to be very open and clean and everyone seems very upbeat and pleasant, which she was attracted to. Everyone seems to be very friendly, and she's doing well. The room is very nice. We had a couple requests for a few very minor maintenance things and they were promptly addressed. The staff is great, very pleasant, very welcoming, offering support, and answering our questions.

November 04, 2015

By Anonymous119080650

Independence Village of Aurora was more expensive, but the ambience was nice. There was outdoor parking. The rooms were of different sizes -- the bigger the room, more money it cost. The person in charge was very nice. They managed to show me all of the stuff, but after all I saw and looking at the prices, I decided I couldn't afford it. They serve three meals a day.

August 30, 2013

By tenniscutie

my grandmother has an apartment here and we absolutely love it. The food is great they do tons of activities with the residents. The apartments are great sizes and they do a great job cleaning. The staff are all super friendly especially one of the patient care aides sally. she is amazing and my grandma loves her

Costs for Independence Village of Aurora

Photos of Independence Village of Aurora

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Aurora

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Vegetarian

• State Licenses: 2375R

• Get Costs

About Independence Village of Aurora

Welcome to Independence Village of Aurora! This isn’t just a place to reside — it’s a place where our community members truly shine, and we are glad to share this experience with them. Our senior living options include independent living and assisted living. Throughout each service level, we strive to make every moment of every day something special. We know it’s the small details in life that make a difference. Every resident becomes a part of our family, and we work with each of them at their pace to create the experiences they want. Independence Village of Aurora is a place where residents can truly Shine. Everyday.

Independent Living

Independent living is designed for individuals who want the privacy of an apartment home with the added benefits senior living offers: meals, housekeeping, maintenance, transportation, activities, group outings, fitness programs, educational seminars and more.

Assisted Living

Assisted living provides a licensed environment for individuals requiring everyday assistance while promoting the greatest level of independence and privacy.

Community Amenities

• All Kitchen Appliances • Ample Closet Space • Tub or Walk-in Shower • Window Treatments • Individually Controlled Thermostats • All Utilities (Except Telephone) • Gourmet Meals • Open Apartment Floor Plans • Wheelchair Accessibility • Transportation/Shuttle Service • Living Spaces With Balconies And Private Patios • Exercises And Fitness Programs • Apartment Maintenance • Weekly Routine Linen Laundry Service • Beauty Salon/Barbershop • Secure Wi-Fi • Pet Friendly • And More!

Map of Independence Village of Aurora