Independence Village of Aurora

Reviews of Independence Village of Aurora

Assisted Living Reviews for Independence Village of Aurora

January 11, 2018

By Steve

Independence Village is newer, and the rooms are bigger, but it's very expensive. It was way too much money. The staff member was nice, described a little bit what was going own, but I didn't see a facility for rehab. The room was basically a studio layout with one bed, a walk-in closet, and shower.

We apologize that we were unable to meet your needs. We do have a wide range of apartment styles and care packages that vary in price, as well. Some rehabilitation services can often be provided within our community if needed. We partner with financial experts to help, when necessary. Thank you for visiting our community and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

March 13, 2017

By Karen478513

My daughter was a resident at Independence Village of Aurora, but she passed two weeks ago. The place was beautiful. They had nicely appointed one-bedroom apartments with a spacious living room, kitchen, bedroom, and large bathroom. She was well taken care of. The nurses and all of the staff were very conscientious and caring people. The location was convenient, and the grounds were beautiful.

July 14, 2016

By Kathryn677528

Independence Village was clean and very new. The people that we met with were very informative, but what impressed me the most was how the staff engaged with the residents. They had activities away from the site that they can participate in, plus social hours, bridge, and cards. They had ambulatory service available and their own bus. They served all meals. We had an overall great impression of it.

July 01, 2016

By Carolyn477641

Independence Village of Aurora was OK, but expensive and it was not updated as we have seen like in other places. It was nice that everybody had their own apartments and there’s more space, but there was less interaction. It was more like an apartment building for old people. The staff was good and helpful. Their amenities were nice, but the main area needs updating.

Hello Carolyn, Thank you for leaving a review. Our main priority at our community is to promote the safety and happiness of our residents so they can live carefree in their retirement. We are surprised to hear you say that you witnessed less interaction, as we have planned activities throughout the day. We always encourage seniors considering a move to Independence Village to visit during dinner time or for an event, so they can get an idea of what all we have to offer. Please call our Community Specialist if you’d like to schedule an additional visit. Thank you!

November 12, 2015

By Anne S

I have visited this facility and find it very impressive. The staff are very friendly and caring. The facility is clean, fresh and inviting. Activities are ongoing all the time. My friend is so happy, all of her needs are taken care of, she has made friends and she just glows with health and contentment! That itself is a testimonial to how well this facility is run.

September 29, 2015

By Jane113082850

Independence Village was OK. It wasn't quite as homey, but it's a newer facility, and it was very nice and clean. I just met with the marketing lady, and she was very friendly and helpful. It seemed OK, but it just wasn't what I was looking for, for my aunt. The rooms were small, but nice. I was there for an hour, looked at a room, and talked to the lady, and it was definitely not what I wanted.

August 11, 2015

By cran8934

Moving my father out of my home where I cared for him was frighting. When we came in for a tour, we fell in love. During the tour staff members walked by and made a point to say hello. Every person we seen during the tour had a smile on their faces. It didn't stop there, my father and I decided this was the place for him. When he moved in, wach department welcomed him and explained their departments and what they would help him with. He has made several new friends. He always says how if he suggests something to the upper management they always take it into consideration and acts upon it. He has had great experience with all the staff. This was a great decision we made. He is so happy living there.

Independent Living Reviews for Independence Village of Aurora

September 17, 2019

By jill brown

Initially, when my parent's moved to Ivil-Aurora, things were different. We were told of amenities that initially were provided, but as time went on things changed. Get in writing what you are told and what your expectations are. We were told, even on the "independent" side care would be available and provided. As my parent's needs changed this was not the case. The facility also changed and the "Wellness" program changed. It was a struggle to have the Aids provide what they were supposed to do, when they were supposed to. At one point the cost of my Dad's care package increased by 400%!!! That being said... The facility is nice and it used to be more of a family atmosphere. Corporate changes have changed the "feel" of the facility. The employees come and go, especially in the Wellness Dept. The dining has also declined. The facility is well maintained and the resident's do maintain a great sense of community. The resident's make this place work. We love that it is smaller than some of the new communities, but the "Corporate" mentality of employees is noticed. My parent's moved in Sep 2013 and have enjoyed the activities, community and I feel good with their overall wellbeing. Like all things, sometimes, bigger and more is not better.

August 21, 2017

By Sue

My mother has been in Independence Village of Aurora for about a month now. We found it to be very open and clean and everyone seems very upbeat and pleasant, which she was attracted to. Everyone seems to be very friendly, and she's doing well. The room is very nice. We had a couple requests for a few very minor maintenance things and they were promptly addressed. The staff is great, very pleasant, very welcoming, offering support, and answering our questions.

November 04, 2015

By Anonymous119080650

Independence Village of Aurora was more expensive, but the ambience was nice. There was outdoor parking. The rooms were of different sizes -- the bigger the room, more money it cost. The person in charge was very nice. They managed to show me all of the stuff, but after all I saw and looking at the prices, I decided I couldn't afford it. They serve three meals a day.

August 30, 2013

By tenniscutie

my grandmother has an apartment here and we absolutely love it. The food is great they do tons of activities with the residents. The apartments are great sizes and they do a great job cleaning. The staff are all super friendly especially one of the patient care aides sally. she is amazing and my grandma loves her

Costs for Independence Village of Aurora

Photos of Independence Village of Aurora

Services and Amenities of Independence Village of Aurora

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Vegetarian

• State Licenses: 2375R

• Get Costs

About Independence Village of Aurora

Independence Village of Aurora is a luxury retirement community designed with your retirement needs in mind. Independence Village offers the finest in senior living, with all of the services and amenities you can imagine.

Meet your friends for dinner in our delightful dining room. Enjoy our social activities, or use our transportation service to run errands or go shopping. You’ll look forward to each new day at Independence Village of Aurora.

Our affordable and private apartments are part of a community where you’ll find every convenience you need: • Socialize with friends in our village cafÀ or our game and activities room. • Participate in fitness programs, learn new skills in our computer lab, or enjoy a book in the library. • Entertain in your spacious apartment, or have dinner with friends or family in our dining room.

Map of Independence Village of Aurora