12 Assisted Living Facilities near Aurora, OH
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Aurora area, with 3 in Aurora and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Aurora is $4,400 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include Hudson with an average starting cost of $3,375.
To help you with your search, browse the 57 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Aurora. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Aurora 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hudson with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Aurora, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Aurora, OH
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Aurora, OH
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Aurora
Review of Independence Village of Aurora
The quality of services are very good. Everyone is so nice. When I ask for something everyone makes sure I get it. Read more
Review of Independence Village of Aurora
Independence Village is newer, and the rooms are bigger, but it's very expensive. It was way too much money. The staff member was nice, described a little bit what was going own, but I didn't see a... Read more
Review of Anna Maria
My mom was at Anna Maria of Aurora. It was a good location, but it was expensive, and she did not like the meal plan. They did not have a calendar of activities, and I didn't see many activities th... Read more
Assisted Living near Portage County, OH
More Options Near Aurora, OH
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Aurora
Aurora, Ohio, is 30 miles from Cleveland and Lake Erie. With a population of about 15,700, it offers seniors a small-town feeling while being relatively close to a metropolitan area. Aurora has three assisted living facilities, and 15 more are close by in areas such as Twinsburg and Hudson. Ohio calls these communities residential care facilities, and the Ohio Department of Health licenses them. They help residents with activities of daily living such as dressing and grooming, and they provide supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Aurora
- The cost of living in Aurora is somewhat high. On Sperling’s BestPlaces, 100 represents the average U.S. score. Aurora scores 111.3 overall, with 134 for housing, 106.8 for groceries and 107 for transportation. This may affect seniors on a budget.
- Aurora gets above-average amounts of snow and below-average amounts of sunny days. In fact, it gets only 164 sunny days a year and 69 inches of snow. Seniors may not like that.
- The violent-crime rate here is relatively low, so seniors can breathe easily while attending appointments around town. While the U.S. average for violent crimes is 31.1, it is 18.9 in Aurora.
- Senior transportation options here can be limited. The Aurora Transportation Program is not available to residents in assisted living, but seniors can take Uber or a cab to Solon, seven miles away, and from there, take public transportation into Cleveland. Aurora can be somewhat walkable, with a walk score of 65.
- Aurora is home to the Barrington Golf Club, a Jack Nicklaus signature course. It is also home to Tinkers Creek State Nature Preserve and near Liberty Park. The Aurora Farms Premium Outlets can also make for fun shopping, and the community theater puts on plays for seniors on day trips with family. Nearby Cleveland offers the tremendous wealth of arts and cultural opportunities that only a big city can.
- Cleveland is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Aurora
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Ohio
Assisted Living costs in Aurora start around $4,400 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Aurora and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Aurora
If you’re a Medicaid waiver participant in Aurora, you probably will have a cap on your room and board expenses that approximately equals the SSI federal benefit level. The two waiver programs are MyCare and the 1915(c) Assisted Living Program. Ohio also offers a state supplement program that can be used toward paying assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Aurora
Aurora and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Aurora, please visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Aurora
Aurora-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Ohio are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Ohio page for more information about these laws.