The Gardens at Liberty Park

Reviews of The Gardens at Liberty Park

Assisted Living Reviews for The Gardens at Liberty Park

June 12, 2013

By Brenda11

We were really pleased with what we saw when we visited Gardens of Western Reserve that's why we chose them for my mother-in-law. She is in the memory care section and they would usually walk her outside the room. The facility is so secure. The staff is great and very attentive. Everything is just great.

April 18, 2013

We preferred Gardens of Western Reserve because it was near some friends. The staff were very helpful. Some of the activities included chair volleyball and bingo. I would suggest they accept more number of high functioning residents. They had more residents who needed extreme assistance than those with high cognitive functioning.

March 08, 2013

Gardens of Western Reserve is close to where I live. The director of the facility took me on a tour. He knew everybody by their first name because they try to make them feel at home. He's been there for 11 years.

January 21, 2010

By raggedyann

Clean,not enough staff, call buttons not answered, poor quality meals

This facility was very clean, the rooms were very nice. The administrator was very friendly when we arrived and as soon as we left he changed and never answered phone calls. When you walk into the locked portion of this facility all you hear are call buttons going off, they go unanswered, that is why you hear the alarm sound ALL the time I was told. The food was horrible. They serve egg beater eggs that they boil until they are like rubber, then cut them into cubes and say these are eggs. They never had fresh fruit, or salads. They use highly processed deli meats, canned vegtables, they say they serve snacks, that is a total lie. There is no coffee served except if one of the nice care givers brings their own coffee in and lets a patient have some of theirs. The beverages are either a horrible sweet lemonade, or nasty OJ. There is no call button by the patient's bed if they are unable to walk. The call button is in the bathroom, even if you do put the call button on, nobody responds, the aides say because they do not know what room is needing help, WHAT does that mean? They said every rooms call button go off all over the facility no matter what part of the building they are in, so they just ignore them rather than try and find out who needs help. My mother was transfered to a nursing home 2 days before the end of the month, and she had paid for the entire month at The Gardens. I was told that she would be refunded for one of the 2 days, but never received the refund. After numerous phone calls and emails the administrator said that we would get a refund soon. Then when no refund check came after 3 1/2 months I was finally told that because my mother's mattress gel pad was not transfered with her when she left by ambulance, that they would not refund the money for the day she was not a patient there. When I called the day of her discharge the care giver told me she would put the gel pad and tray table that was left in a hall way where they store items. I then went and picked up the 2 left items from the storage hallway. The items were not even in her room, so why was that a reason not to refund her money? Basically they took the $135.00 from my 80 year old mother after she had paid about $10,800 for a few months at this facility. Also a 90 day supply of her pain medication that was supposed to be transfered with her when she was discharged never was sent with her. I made numerous phone calls and was told "we have no idea what happened to the 360 tablets of prescription pain medication". Yeah right those pain meds just walked away. They did not provide anything but lousy food for the patients, you had to provide your own shampoo, depends, wheel chair, gerichair, bedside tray tables, lotion, hospital gowns, tissues. They did provide toilet paper. My mother was in the memory care locked portion of this facility, the other side was not locked. A few of the care givers were very nice, but they had about 75 patients on their wing, so it was very difficult for them to really give adequate care to their patients. I am only giving a review of memory care side, the other side may have been different I have no idea. If you are considering putting a loved one in the memory care portion of this facility I suggest you send at least a 1/2 day here and eat a meal. Just taking a tour for 15 minutes is not enough time to evaluate any facility you are placing a loved one. Since I wrote this review The Gardens emailed and said they now would refund the the money for the 1 day.

Memory Care Reviews for The Gardens at Liberty Park

Costs for The Gardens at Liberty Park

Photos of The Gardens at Liberty Park

Services and Amenities of The Gardens at Liberty Park

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• State Licenses: 2292R

About The Gardens at Liberty Park

The Gardens at Liberty Park is situated on over 5 beautiful acres conveniently located near Route 480. It is close to the shopping and restaurants of downtown Streetsboro. We are also within 30 minutes of both Akron and Cleveland.

• Beauty/Barber Salon
  • WiFi
  • Cable Available
  • Respite Available
  • Small Pets Allowed

The Gardens at Liberty Park offers a range of services and amenities that meet the ever-changing needs of our residents. Residents receive personalized attention from trained staff members who have a commitment to providing quality care.

Map of The Gardens at Liberty Park