Kentridge Senior Living

Reviews of Kentridge Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Kentridge Senior Living

June 22, 2012

By Zachary2

I visited Kent Ridge with my family to find a place for my grandmother to stay. To start, the facilities are very nicely kept. The decor is homey and calming and the overall atmosphere is very nice. We had the opportunity to see many individual rooms and common area, as well as the outdoor space. All were very nice, but we found the individual rooms to be on the small side especially when taking walkers and wheelchairs into consideration. The outdoor area, especially the garden, was very nice. We were able to stay for a meal and found that the food was up to par. The meal was very hot and actually quite fresh, we even got to meet one of the cooks. The staff left a little to be desired. While some staff members were very friendly, others were just plain rude. Even if they were having a bad day, they should put that aside when coming to work. I found the other residents were very welcoming. Overall, I could see my grandmother staying here and would like to considering its location is very close to me. I hope this review for Kent Ridge at Golden Pond helps.

April 19, 2012

By blahbittybloo

Everyone was incredibly kind. It felt more like visiting a luxurious hotel rather than an assisted living facility. The caretakers treated each other and the residents like family. The facility provided tons of activities for the residents and their families. It was a great experience.

March 22, 2012

By schlaric

my grandmother lives in this facility and it is a very nice place it is very clean and the aids are friendly there are lots of activities and games that the residents can take part in they are quick to respond if someone needs help with anything at any time of the day they even have their own award winning chef that makes all of the meals and it seems rare to find assisted living homes with very good food they have a lot of various rooms where the residents can sit and talk amongst each other or watch television and take part in other activities, another nice thing that they offer is physical therapy they can help any residents that have recently had any type of surgery or injury get their strength back and get back to what they're used to doing overall this is a great choice if you are looking for a nice assisted living establishment

May 19, 2011

By baxter256

Friend or relative of resident

My great-grandmother was moved through a few facilities when first diagnosed with Alzheimer's. Kentridge became the most ideal because of its central location to my family. Alzheimer's is a challenging affliction, especially when you're forced to bear witness to it at a place like Kentridge where it overwhelms most residents. It was honestly quite shocking to even sit in the room with her surrounded by so many ailing people. However, I support the staff members and on-hand nurses at Kentridge for always being near. While it's uncomfortable to have an unresponsive relative you've known for most your life, it's truly a blessing to find a responsive caregiver you've just met, and to know that they'll be there for your loved one. I can't say I'm always happy with the conditions or the meals offered, but I'm most likely biased as I'm one of the lucky people who are just visiting. Kentridge was affordable and kind to my family, and I have much faith in them.

Questions about Kentridge Senior Living

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Kentridge Senior Living. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Typically, our residents' ages range from the mid 80's to the early 90's. The Kentridge has a very active group of residents. Some of our favorite things to do are go on outings, such as fishing at Wingfoot Lake, and to play cards!

What programs or activities does Kentridge Senior Living offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Kentridge's primary goal is to promote social engagement and well-being to our residents. Resident Services Directors, Kaylin & Lisa work hard to create a full calendar of events that are not only physically, and cognitively stimulating, but also, reach the interests of all of our residents. Some of our favorite events include- silver sneakers classes, live entertainment, cooking demo's with our Culinary team, outings to the casion, scenic bus rides and more!

What places are near Kentridge Senior Living or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

The Kentridge is conveniently located right off of Route 261, and just around the corner from Route 43. Our location is ideal for those local to the Kent/Brimfield area, as well as, Tallmadge, and Ravenna. Our community sits back off of the main highway, in a quiet, scenic area. In fact, there's a beautiful pond and walking path just behind us!

What transportation services does Kentridge Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

The Kentridge offers complimentary transportation services up to 20 miles, round-trip! Trips to further distances are provided as well, for a small fee. Our community has a small van, and a bus for outings! Both are handicapped accessible.

What makes the chef or dining program at Kentridge Senior Living exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

If there's one thing we know at The Kentridge, it's how to make good food! One of our favorite parts about our community is our award winning, culinary program. The Kentridge offers all-day, restaurant dining. Our restaurant opens at 7:00 am and closes at 7:00 pm, giving residents the freedom to come to their meals, as they please! Residents are offered a full menu, and everything is made fresh, to order!

What safety features or security measures does Kentridge Senior Living offer to assisted living residents?

On top of 24/7 wellness in the building. The Kentridge offers an ermegency response system that features call lights in every apartment, as well as, duress buttons that offer GPS to let us know where a resident is in the community. We also keep all entryways in the community locked for security purposes aside from our front entrance, which is open from 7:00 am to 7:00 pm.

Photos of Kentridge Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Kentridge Senior Living

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

• State Licenses: 2435-R

About Kentridge Senior Living

At Kentridge Senior Living, our goal is to provide our residents with the best in senior living. Our cutting-edge care and dedicated staff ensure that the health needs of all our residents are supported, while our wide variety of activities provides them with the opportunity to enjoy enriching and entertaining experiences in the company of others. The Gables is more than just a place to live. It's a lifestyle.

The Gables of KentRidge has everything an active senior could desire. From tastefully decorated private suites with all the amenities to a variety of interior and exterior common areas where friends can gather, The Gables offers the ultimate in assisted living in a warm and welcoming homelike environment. The Gables of KentRidge also offers a secure Memory Care facility as well.

Map of Kentridge Senior Living