Grande Village Suites

Reviews of Grande Village Suites

Assisted Living Reviews for Grande Village Suites

February 18, 2016

By Thoshar

I have a relative in the Memory Care Unit at the Grande Village Twinsburg location. I have noticed that if I ask a question about different ideas to make my loved one more comfortable, they feel challenged and the answer is "no" right off the bat. I've been labeled a problem relative. On 4 different occasions I have seen staff members sleeping. I have seen 3 different aides sleeping in a corner thinking people won't see them. On another occasion the aide that was supposed to be watching all the people parked in front of the nurses station in the Memory Care Unit sleeping. I feel that because my loved one is in a late stage level of dementia and can't express himself that he's invisible, I should just let him be left in the wheelchair all day with no alternative options. Just because his last days will be soon, doesn't mean that he should be ignored. These people can't say what they need. To care for these people properly they need to be transferred from chair to another type of sitting situation at least a couple times of day. I have come in to find his mouth and lips cracked from dehydration. It's not acceptable! He needs to be given water at least every 3 hours. Would that be too much to ask? These pore people are at the mercy of someone else every day for the rest of their lives. They need more staff! This is not ok. This facility needs a wake up call. I have tried to give this facility the benefit of the doubt over and over but I don't see any improvement. Nobody seems to care about these basic human needs. These reviews are to give an opinion about the care given. This is my opinion. Thumbs down. There are basic human needs that need to be addressed here.

April 09, 2015

By RogerThat

The facility always smelled of urine throughout the buildings all the time. The workers were too busy complaining about their schedules to answer patient calls for help/assistance. The workers are not a happy lot and rarely smile. The nurses, with one exception, Jennifer, did the minimum and didn't listen to my concerns. Concerns for patient health were directed to nurses and the house doctor seemed to be the Great Oz- impossible to see, but you hear about the guy. I removed my family member for safety and health reasons since concerns were being ignored, dismissed, or not adequately addressed.

November 20, 2012

By Anon6

Overall the visit was enjoyable but nothing above average. The area that stood out the most was the food that was available there. The food was lame and had no texture. On top of this the facility had an odor to it. The staff did try and provide activities for the residents but that was its high point. They even have a WII on site. Visiting hours were also a positive point with 24 hour visitation. Parking as well was plentiful which is always a nice over looked feature. Rooms were of spacious size. The other benefit was that they were all private rooms with private bathrooms. Staff was nice and didn't seem as though they were understaffed which was a concern. Outside the place had a nice area to encourage residents to get sunlight. From a gazebo to a sitting room there was plenty of space for everyone. The activities did not stop inside as bingo and entertainment also reached outside the walls to these areas. Overall the place has a great social life but needs work on its food to become above average.

Nursing Home Reviews for Grande Village Suites

July 31, 2013

My husband and her sister chose Manor of Grand Village for their father because it was close to home. The facility was clean and neat. It was new but sometimes it smelled of urine. They had a nice community room. The room was for two residents but he did not have a roommate. It was clean everytime I went there.

February 18, 2013

By dg054

I found this facility to look nice, but once my mom was admitted found it to lacking in all areas. Nursing staff very poor, phycian on my mom;s case very unattentive and the food was HORRIBLE. My relative refused to go back after being taken to the hospital because of the nursing homes negligence

June 28, 2012

By AWG2KJ4LK45U5

The facility looked very clean and neat. The staff members seemed very friendly. Overall the whole atmosphere seemed nice. However, the members looked very bored, and a bit sad. They had plenty of activities such as music, board games, and a nice living hall. Also, the visit was during the holidays and the facility was very nicely decorated, with Christmas trees, a fireplace, and other various festive decorations.

Services and Amenities of Grande Village Suites

About Grande Village Suites

Grande Village Suites is a senior living provider in Twinsburg, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Grande Village Suites for more details on services and rates.

Map of Grande Village Suites