Grande Village Suites

Reviews of Grande Village Suites

Assisted Living Reviews for Grande Village Suites

May 29, 2016

By Roberta117322

Grande Village Suites was very clean. I knew a lot of the staff because I'm from Twinsburg. They were friendly, and very welcoming. The apartments were neat, and clean. They invited me to have lunch, and it was good. They had a menu that's adaptable to whatever you need because I'm a diabetic. I've been there for Bingo before.

February 18, 2016

By Thoshar

I have a relative in the Memory Care Unit at the Grande Village Twinsburg location. I have noticed that if I ask a question about different ideas to make my loved one more comfortable, they feel challenged and the answer is "no" right off the bat. I've been labeled a problem relative. On 4 different occasions I have seen staff members sleeping. I have seen 3 different aides sleeping in a corner thinking people won't see them. On another occasion the aide that was supposed to be watching all the people parked in front of the nurses station in the Memory Care Unit sleeping. I feel that because my loved one is in a late stage level of dementia and can't express himself that he's invisible, I should just let him be left in the wheelchair all day with no alternative options. Just because his last days will be soon, doesn't mean that he should be ignored. These people can't say what they need. To care for these people properly they need to be transferred from chair to another type of sitting situation at least a couple times of day. I have come in to find his mouth and lips cracked from dehydration. It's not acceptable! He needs to be given water at least every 3 hours. Would that be too much to ask? These pore people are at the mercy of someone else every day for the rest of their lives. They need more staff! This is not ok. This facility needs a wake up call. I have tried to give this facility the benefit of the doubt over and over but I don't see any improvement. Nobody seems to care about these basic human needs. These reviews are to give an opinion about the care given. This is my opinion. Thumbs down. There are basic human needs that need to be addressed here.

April 09, 2015

By RogerThat

The facility always smelled of urine throughout the buildings all the time. The workers were too busy complaining about their schedules to answer patient calls for help/assistance. The workers are not a happy lot and rarely smile. The nurses, with one exception, Jennifer, did the minimum and didn't listen to my concerns. Concerns for patient health were directed to nurses and the house doctor seemed to be the Great Oz- impossible to see, but you hear about the guy. I removed my family member for safety and health reasons since concerns were being ignored, dismissed, or not adequately addressed.

November 20, 2012

By Anon6

Overall the visit was enjoyable but nothing above average. The area that stood out the most was the food that was available there. The food was lame and had no texture. On top of this the facility had an odor to it. The staff did try and provide activities for the residents but that was its high point. They even have a WII on site. Visiting hours were also a positive point with 24 hour visitation. Parking as well was plentiful which is always a nice over looked feature. Rooms were of spacious size. The other benefit was that they were all private rooms with private bathrooms. Staff was nice and didn't seem as though they were understaffed which was a concern. Outside the place had a nice area to encourage residents to get sunlight. From a gazebo to a sitting room there was plenty of space for everyone. The activities did not stop inside as bingo and entertainment also reached outside the walls to these areas. Overall the place has a great social life but needs work on its food to become above average.

Nursing Home Reviews for Grande Village Suites

April 15, 2017

By fwong3333

All the staff were great! My aunt is doing well and is back home now after her rehab here. Would recommend to others

January 10, 2017

By HorrifiedRN

DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONES HERE!! If I could give this facility a 0/5 rating I would. My grandfather was sent here after a hospitalization for rehab so he could get stronger and return home. My grandfather was placed in room very far away from the nurses station. He was made to wear Depends so the staff wouldn't have to be bothered (he was not incontinent and was able to ambulate to the bathroom). He was a very clean man and was very unkempt and was beginning to grow a beard. Upon each visit he would have more and more bruises and one day was found to have a large laceration to his forehead that was just bandaged up when it should have been sutured. A healthy elderly man is now deceased after 1 week of being at this facility. I don't think this is a coincidence.... BEWARE

February 10, 2016

By Educated Consumer 1

I am a relative of a former patient recently discharged. This facility has a very good herapy department including physical, occupational and speech therapy which is why my relative and I chose this facility.HOWEVER, the situation with nursing was very, very different! Do NOT let the fact that they have "deficiency free survey" fool or influence you because unless quality care is actually being delivered currently, it won't matter how perfect the previous survey was!! The nursing care was truly pathetic! When I went in to see my loved one, I could count on even the most basic of tasks NOT having been done. In speaking to the nurses who were overwhelmed with their humanly-impossible assignments, I learned that the situation was only going to get worse because Grande Viillage was cutting the nursing staff even further! When I spoke with the Director of Nursing and/or the Assistant Director of Nursing, the results were always the same - they offered only temporary solutions to ongoing facility- wide problems I would bring to their attention with the hope that future patients and families would not have to go through what I and my loved one were going through. Pharmacy was poor: a new med would be ordered but (on multiple occasions), would not be delivered by pharmacy until two or three days later. Social worker-I felt we received very poor service from the social worker for too many reasons to go into here. After seeing one representative of the activities department upon admission, we never saw them again - they did not attempt to initiate any activities with or for my loved one. I was there for several hours every day so I know what was and was not being done. Housekeeping staff was great and very helpful. In talking with other families, it was apparent they were experiencing the same types of problems in the care of their lives ones. I hate to think of what conditions my loved ones would have had to experience/ensure had he not had a persistent advocate--and I am glad I was able to do that for my loved one but I shouldn't have had to address the same problems with staff day after day after day!!

January 22, 2016

By Thoshar

I have a relative in the Memory Care Unit at Grand Village in Twinsburg. I'm not happy with the situation and I would not recommend this facility. There's not enough help. They are understaffed. There have been too many incidents when the patients have been left alone in the main area where they put the patients when they aren't in their rooms. Also in this area there are many patients that can not feed themselves and there are only a few that have help with that. My suggestion is to stagger the lunch and dinner times. So everyone can have that one on one time. (The food is bad ) The state dictates how many caregivers there are per patient. Just because the state has suggested minimums doesn't mean the it's the correct way to run this facility. The owners could use better judgement and hire more people to care for these helpless, scared lonely people. It's the end of these peoples lives. Why do they have to sit in dirty, food stained clothes or in there own urine. I didn't choose this facility but unfortunately I have to deal with it. I will pray that changes will be made because that is all I can do.

July 31, 2013

My husband and her sister chose Manor of Grand Village for their father because it was close to home. The facility was clean and neat. It was new but sometimes it smelled of urine. They had a nice community room. The room was for two residents but he did not have a roommate. It was clean everytime I went there.

February 18, 2013

By dg054

I found this facility to look nice, but once my mom was admitted found it to lacking in all areas. Nursing staff very poor, phycian on my mom;s case very unattentive and the food was HORRIBLE. My relative refused to go back after being taken to the hospital because of the nursing homes negligence

June 28, 2012

By AWG2KJ4LK45U5

The facility looked very clean and neat. The staff members seemed very friendly. Overall the whole atmosphere seemed nice. However, the members looked very bored, and a bit sad. They had plenty of activities such as music, board games, and a nice living hall. Also, the visit was during the holidays and the facility was very nicely decorated, with Christmas trees, a fireplace, and other various festive decorations.

Services and Amenities of Grande Village Suites

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

• Occupational Therapy

About Grande Village Suites

Grande Village Suites is a senior living provider in Twinsburg, Ohio that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Grande Village Suites for more details on services and rates.

Map of Grande Village Suites