11 Assisted Living Facilities near East Brunswick, NJ
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Brunswick area, with 2 in East Brunswick and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in East Brunswick is $5,577 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Somerset with an average starting cost of $5,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 100 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Brunswick. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Brunswick 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Monroe Township with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Brunswick, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Brunswick, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Brunswick
East Brunswick, which has been called one of New Jersey’s 25 great towns, has a large senior population. Of the town’s nearly 49,000 residents, over 16 percent are senior citizens. To serve them, the East Brunswick area is home 14 assisted living facilities, with two located within town limits.
New Jersey’s assisted living facilities, including those in East Brunswick, are licensed by the state’s Department of Health and Senior Services. These facilities are classified as assisted living residences or comprehensive personal care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Brunswick
- East Brunswick’s cost of living is 45.3 percent higher than the nationwide average, mostly due to its high housing costs. Senior residents can also expect higher-than-average prices for transportation, utilities, groceries, and other budget categories. These costs may be a concern for seniors on a fixed income.
- Seniors in East Brunswick can take advantage of New Jersey’s retiree-friendly tax policies. The state doesn’t charge income tax on federal Social Security benefits.
- East Brunswick has a higher crime rate (property and violent crimes combined) than 61 percent of communities in New Jersey. Residents of this community have a 1 in 69 chance of becoming a victim of a crime. Seniors may consider taking precautions to protect themselves.
- East Brunswick has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Center, a facility that offers social and recreational activities, educational programs, and other services for local seniors.
- Seniors in East Brunswick have limited public transit options. Coach USA offers daily express and weekday express bus routes in East Brunswick, and seniors can travel as far as Downtown Manhattan. Local senior transportation is also available through the city’s Senior Center, including scheduled grocery shopping trips.
- East Brunswick offers few arts and culture opportunities, though seniors can enjoy live community theater at Playhouse 22. The East Brunswick Public Library, which has been voted “Best Public Library in Central New Jersey,” is another destination for seniors. Some assisted living facilities may offer organized day trips to attractions in New York City.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Brunswick
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in East Brunswick start around $5,577 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Brunswick and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Brunswick
The state of New Jersey offers a Medicaid waiver program, Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS), that may help East Brunswick seniors pay for assisted living costs. The state also offers an optional state supplement (OSS) for seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Brunswick
East Brunswick and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Brunswick, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Brunswick
East Brunswick-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near East Brunswick, NJ
Other Options in East Brunswick, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Brunswick
Review of The Chelsea at East Brunswick
The Chelsea seemed to be a superior establishment. The place itself was superior. The rooms for the residents were very superior, too. Food seemed to be good enough. However, they were expensive. T... Read more
Review of Sunrise of East Brunswick
When we first visited with my Mom we were told "they have never kicked anyone out" for not being able to continue to pay the over $8,000/month fee for living there. My Mom has paid them over $250,... Read more
Review of The Chelsea at East Brunswick
I didn't like The Chelsea at East Brunswick. The building's really pretty, but the memory unit was on two floors, which I thought was weird. They have to transport them up and down the elevator to ... Read more