16 Assisted Living Facilities near Marlboro, NJ
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Marlboro area, with 2 in Marlboro and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Marlboro is $5,040 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Manalapan with an average starting cost of $4,950.
To help you with your search, browse the 97 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marlboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marlboro 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Englishtown with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marlboro, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Marlboro, NJ
14 Assisted Living Facilities near Marlboro, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marlboro
Named for the beds of marlstone found throughout the area, the township of Marlboro was founded in 1848 and is now home to more than 5,000 residents age 65 and over. To accommodate seniors who require assistance with daily activities, the township has two assisted living facilities as well as 13 additional facilities in the surrounding areas.
New Jersey's Department of Health officially licenses and regulates these facilities in Marlboro and the rest of the state under three distinct categories: Assisted Living Residences, Comprehensive Personal Care Homes and Assisted Living Programs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marlboro
- Seniors, aged 62 and over, in Marlboro have access to discounted public transportation along NJ Transit buses. Routes are available throughout the township, to Newark and to the Port Authority in Manhattan. Trains are also available at the nearby Matawan station.
- Marlboro is a very safe community for seniors to live. The violent crime rate is only 7.6, which is 15.1 points below the national average of 22.7. The property crime rate is also low, so seniors shouldn't be too concerned that their possessions will be stolen or vandalized.
- Marlboro township has an array of community resources for seniors, including one senior center and the Senior Advisory Committee, an organization that advocates for programs and services to enhance seniors' well being.
- The cost of living in Marlboro is high, which may make the area too expensive for some seniors. The overall cost of living is 60.5% higher than the national average of 100 and 27.4% higher than the state average of 132.6.
- State taxes in New Jersey are somewhat favorable for seniors in Marlboro who need assisted living. Social Security benefits, railroad retirement and military pensions are not subject to state income tax. Pensions from the state and federal government, however, are taxable.
- Marlboro township has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Old Bridge.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marlboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Marlboro start around $4,920 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marlboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marlboro
For seniors in Marlboro who qualify, support for assisted living is available through Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS). The program coordinates all services through NJ FamilyCare managed care organizations.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marlboro
Marlboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marlboro, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marlboro
Marlboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marlboro
Review of The Chelsea at the Solana Marlboro
The Solana (The Solana Marlboro) is a smaller community. It only houses 20 people. They have a beautiful courtyard. Residents can go out to it without being able to get out to the exterior, so it i... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Marlboro
Sunrise of Marlboro was very nice, but there weren't many men there. There were a lot of women, and my father wouldn't be happy with that. I was trying to find a place that had some men. The rooms ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Marlboro
I toured Sunrise of Marlboro for my mom. The place was very nice, clean, inviting, and warm. The staff was friendly. They were invited my mom to spend a day there and do some activities. I saw they... Read more