13 Assisted Living Facilities near Manalapan, NJ
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Manalapan area, with 2 in Manalapan and 11 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Manalapan is $5,425 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 104 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Manalapan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Manalapan 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Englishtown with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Manalapan, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Manalapan, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Manalapan
Manalapan is located in Monmouth County, New Jersey, just 15 miles from the Jersey Shore and 45 miles from New York City. The community has roots stretching back to the American Revolution as the site of the Battle of Monmouth. Of the city's population of 51,000 residents, 16.5 percent are seniors aged 60 and older. They can select from 153 assisted living facilities in the Monmouth County area — all licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health. To be designated as an assisted living type of facility, staff must be on hand 24 hours a day and the campus design must allow aging in place.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Manalapan
- The climate in Manalapan is marked by four distinct seasons, with blizzards likely in the winter and humidity and high heat in the summer. Average high temperatures in July are 86 degrees, while January lows average around 23. Seniors sensitive to cold temperatures may be uncomfortable in the winter.
- The cost of living in Manalapan is 147.7 as compared to the U.S. average of 100. Housing costs are much higher than the rest of the nation, at 236 compared to the U.S. base of 100. Grocery and healthcare costs, however, come closer to the average at 104.4 and 97, respectively.
- On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being the safest, Manalapan violent crime rates are 17.1 compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crimes, including theft, are 17.6 compared to the national average of 38.1. Seniors can enjoy living in a safe town.
- New Jersey senior citizens are eligible for a property tax freeze, which locks in their tax rates at a certain point. This may benefit seniors who still own a home while they transition into assisted living.
- The Jackson area is home to world-class medical facilities, including CentraState Healthcare System and Manalapan Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Manalapan has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Township of Manalapan Senior Citizen's Center, an organization that offers educational, recreational, wellness and nutritional programs to help senior citizens keep physically active and mentally engaged.
Paying for Assisted Living in Manalapan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Manalapan start around $5,425 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Manalapan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Manalapan
Qualified applicants in Manalapan may receive Medicaid waivers as part of the federal government's Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver. This act was passed in New Jersey in 2017 and is called Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS). This program may offset the costs of assisted living. New Jersey's system has no enrollment caps, meaning that all those who are eligible receive services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Manalapan
Manalapan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Manalapan, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Manalapan
Manalapan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Manalapan, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Manalapan
Review of The Villas
My mother is a resident of The Villas and I have only good things to say about it. Every time I see my mother see complains to me that the food is so good, I'm getting fat and need to go on a diet,... Read more
Review of The Villas
My mom has been living at The Villas since October 2019. She was very reluctant to move to such a place but, the moment we walked in she fell in love! Not only is it new but also beautiful!! She fe... Read more
Review of The Chelsea at Manalapan
My experience at The Chelsea at Manalapan was very nice. The rooms were also very nice. They seemed very upscale to me. They have short trips with the bus to take them to see different things that ... Read more