Sunrise of Lincroft

Reviews of Sunrise of Lincroft

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Lincroft

May 10, 2016

By JDP1

We were very impressed with Sunrise of Lincroft. They were excellent in every way. The facility was beautiful and well managed, the care was very carefully thought out, and the people looked happy. It was a place that I would recommend. I felt that it was reasonably safe medically, and the staff was on target with their care. The dining room was beautiful.

July 20, 2015

By Caring110722050

We went to Sunrise of Lincroft, but they were full when my aunt was discharged. Initially, we were upset to come down and see the place, but then they had nothing available. The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were OK.

September 01, 2014

By David94400050

We really like the set-up at Sunrise of Lincroft. The staff is very friendly, very helpful, and very informative. The rooms seem fine. My mom is in a shared room. The whole building is very clean. They have an activity director who does stuff with them everyday. I know that they went out for ice cream. They do a little bit of light exercises and then some other games. They do puzzles and games in smaller groups. They also go for scenic drives. In terms of the living environment, it is very bright and clean. There is a good aide-to-patient ratio. What I like about this community is mainly the fact that is very open and bright. They have a fenced-in area where they can go sit outside and get some fresh air. They have gardening outside where some of the residents help with that.

April 01, 2014

By Tom49

Sunrise was very nice. We met with the manager and had my aunt interviewed. We sat down and got information and the pricing, but we did not interface with anybody else, other than the manager on duty that day. The dining room was nice, neat, and clean; it was decorated. It looked like it was a nice facility. I didn't care for the basic room, but as you went up in price, the rooms got nicer.

September 10, 2012

By HelpingMom2

I really liked this facility, probably more than others that I toured with my mom. It has all the amenities which would be of interest to a senior citizen. The atmosphere is warm and friendly though maybe a little hoity toity. My mom remarked that she felt it was a bit too formal for her taste though I don't know if she really felt that was or it was just her reluctance over moving to assistant living coming out. I really liked the location of Sunrise at Lincroft because Red Bank is close by and offers lots of nice restaurants and has the Count Basie theatre. It has the benefits of a small city. The tour guide talked a lot about how good the food is at Sunrise at Lincroft and stopped a resident who echoed her comments but I have no direct knowledge of this. Regardless, it seems to be a lovely facility that I would have preferred my mom selecting over others we toured.

Questions about Sunrise of Lincroft

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Specific dementia care training -- safe leaving, validation therapy

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Lincroft. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

We have a diverse population at Sunrise of Lincroft who range in age from 63 all the way up to 100. Our residents love our morning exercise class and also enjoy participation in our local parish -- St. Leo the Great.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Lincroft offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We offer SingFit which is a favorite with our residents, we also have a Baking Club, Rosary Club, Men's Club, Armchair Tours and a Go4LifeWalking Club. Many of our residents enjoy our Arts & Crafts Club also.

What places are near Sunrise of Lincroft or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located nearby many restaurants, Acme Grocery Store, Wells Fargo Bank, Post Office and we have a beautiful Park right down the road where we have gone many times for a summer picnic. We also have attended the Orchid Show at Dearbrooke Farms.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Lincroft offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transportation for scheduled outings. We will assist in helping a resident with transportation to the physician.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Lincroft exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We have a wide variety of options all freshly prepared every day. Home made soups, pasta, chicken dishes, and our residents are welcome to order anything off our separate dining menu.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Lincroft offer to assisted living residents?

We have a fall prevention program in place. We also offer a 2 person assist/hoyer lift. Our doors are secured every night at 8pm and there is 24 hour staff in place

How does Sunrise of Lincroft keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Family meetings are held with our Executive Director and Assisted Living Coordinator whenever there is any change in health status.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Lincroft during daytime and nighttime hours?

Staffing is based on level of care for our residents

If Sunrise of Lincroft accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are situated on a large piece of property in the heart of Lincroft. There is a beautiful walking trail around the building

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Sunrise University

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

5-6 at night

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Lincroft provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a memory care neighborhood, Reminiscence that is secure

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Lincroft offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer a Baking Club, Exercise Ball Essentials, Go4Life Walking Club, Manicures, Bingo, Short Story time, Floral Design Club

Our Resident Care Coordinator and Wellness nurse assess all our residents prior to move in and that is repeated monthly

What techniques does Sunrise of Lincroft use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We use assistive devices to help them with their dignity when eating. If we need to help feed a resident we have a designated area where our care manager sits with the resident one on one and assists

How does Sunrise of Lincroft keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We send notes home to them and if necessary hold family meetings to keep them up to date on any physical/mental changes

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Lincroft. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Sunrise of Lincroft is located set back off Newman Springs Road in the heart of Lincroft. We are located conveniently to the Garden State Parkway, Exit 109 and there is ample shopping and religious affiliations located nearby. We are also located close to the Jersey shore .... we facilitate trips to the beach in the summer

Is Sunrise of Lincroft affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We are closely affiliated with Riverview Hospital

Photos of Sunrise of Lincroft

Services and Amenities of Sunrise of Lincroft

• Companion Suites: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Sunrise of Lincroft

Located just minutes from the Garden State Parkway, exit 109, and within walking distance to historic Lincroft Village, Sunrise of Lincroft is nestled in the heart of the village and only minutes away from Red Bank, New Jersey. We pride ourselves in our cultural activities, inspiring our residents while nurturing their spirits, and our monthly family nights where friends and families mingle with our residents. Our community's warm and homelike setting provides the best alternative to long-term care --- come see for yourself!

Services & Amenities at Sunrise of Lincroft

Although services and amenities vary slightly by location and care level, they typically include:

• Daily physical fitness, creative, social, learning and spiritual activities, scheduled group trips and resident-sponsored clubs for a variety of interests
  • Up to three delicious, well-balanced meals served daily featuring a variety of menu choices with snacks available throughout the day
  • Trained staff available 24 hours a day
  • Monthly wellness visits by a licensed on-staff nurse
  • Weekly housekeeping and daily trash removal
  • Weekly personal laundry
  • Social and educational programs for families
  • Scheduled resident and family meetings
  • Gracious accommodations with a variety of floor plans
  • Maintenance of building and grounds

For more information on the services and amenities available for the care level you are seeking, please give us a call or stop by the community.

Map of Sunrise of Lincroft