Sunrise of Wall

Reviews of Sunrise of Wall

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Wall

April 06, 2016

By Lynn122882350

We went to Sunrise of Wall. I thought it had a very nice, pleasant environment, and the people were very friendly. They had a lot of activities, like painting, movies, and arts and crafts, in an activity room and a very nice dining room. They just had an interior renovation. They had a reading room and a car service so the residents could go to church or shopping.

December 10, 2015

We have found a place that we think is absolutely perfect for my father-in-law: Sunrise in Wall Township. Everyone is very pleasant -- not just the employees; the residents are also very friendly and always smiling. We visited at suppertime, and the food smelled wonderful, like something my father-in-law would enjoy. The suite is a perfect size for him to get around, and if he wanted to cook in his room, he could with the little microwave in there; it'll be perfect for him. He is a carpenter, and they have a crafts room with woodworking tools. He also enjoys gardening, and they have a garden in the back that the residents help tend. The building is a gorgeous, old Victorian, and it was lovely. The staff was very friendly, very informative, and answered any question that we had. They gave us information to take home and followed up with a phone call later on. It was very impressive and beautifully decorated. It wasn't anything that I was expecting it to be.

October 16, 2014

By Joan94009350

We placed my mom in Sunrise of Wall, and I did not like that. My mother had a room the size of a little bigger than a coat closet; it was so tiny. She was very ill, and they didn't seem to care. I’m not saying the nurses weren’t good -- they were good -- but she was quite ill, and they just didn’t realize how ill she was. She was only there for a month, and we had to pull her out. It is lovely, the food is better than a five star restaurant. It’s just that my mother was very ill and at first they didn’t believe her and thought she was lazy. I thought the two nurses there were good, but their hands are kind of tied. I think it’s very pretty but the substance is not there.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that in your experience you feel your mother’s needs were not met upon arrival and we’d like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

August 15, 2014

By Karen63349350

We chose Sunrise of Wall because they have the best care. The rooms and their dining room were very nice. I love the staff there.

February 15, 2014

By Michele16

Sunrise was very wonderful. We had freaked out because it looked too much like a nursing home for us. It just wasn't a good fit to the family but they took care of us and went through everything very thoroughly. It was a clean place, immaculate and the staff was extra helpful and they called for a follow-up. My concern was it looked very elderly for my mother who's only 75. She would have freaked out when she saw people that were much older than her. The room was completely appropriate for her. I have nothing negative to say about the facility other than the fact that it was too expensive for my mother and for what she needed.

January 23, 2014

By Diane76450950

My mother temporarily stayed at Sunrise Assisted Living of Wall. People of all levels were there – ambulatory to non ambulatory. It was a small, homey upper middle class community. The people were very friendly and attentive. They provided activities most of the day and the activity director was a very friendly young man. He even offered me a job because I am a therapist/social worker. The day I visited my mom, there was a pianist who entertained the people. Since I am used to be doing movement with seniors, I went with them and did a little bit of what I do. The residents seemed for the most part happy, friendly and made connections with each other. But it was too expensive and the meals were C rated. I was a little upset because they had to eat hotdogs for dinner because she didn't like to eat what was in the menu. I wasn't very pleased with the food and it's flexibility.

June 26, 2013

By Sara5

We toured around Sunrise of Wall and the place is very bright and very clean. We did get to see a little bit more staff there and they seemed very friendly and very professional. They were interacting with the residents. They are also very outgoing.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Wall

Questions about Sunrise of Wall

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Wall. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is early 80's. Residents enjoy card games, bingo, entertainment, and outings.

What places are near Sunrise of Wall or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sunrise of Wall is located minutes from the Spring Lake Beach and Boardwalk, numerous restaurants, and shopping.

If Sunrise of Wall accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pets can utilize either the back courtyard or grassy areas in front of the building.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Wall provide to protect residents who wander?

Sunrise offers a secured memory care neighborhood.

Describe the neighborhood around Sunrise of Wall. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

The area surrounding Sunrise of Wall is mostly residential with shopping nearby on Rt. 35.

Photos of Sunrise of Wall