Sunrise of Jackson

390 North County Line Road, Jackson, NJ 08527
Sunrise of Jackson (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 17 days

Ask about our special May pricing!

Reviews of Sunrise of Jackson

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Jackson

March 27, 2015

By Ruthe1

We took a tour at Sunrise of Jackson. It thought it was very good. It was expensive, but it was very nice. I wouldn't the say rooms were really spacious, but adequate. They had a little kitchen, which was really nice, and everything was new too. The food is very good. We liked it. The dining area was very nice. It was like a restaurant. I knew the security was adequate. I liked that they had everything there -- everything they wanted to do and eat. Partly, I did see different things that they were doing.

March 10, 2015

I visited Sunrise of Jackson. It was wonderful. Everything was nice, and it was pretty. The people in charge of the orientation were very nice and police. The surrounding was very lovely. The rooms were neat, clean, nice, and of moderate size.

October 07, 2014

By Caring94319850

Sunrise of Jackson is unbelievable. It is wonderful, the staff is exceptional, and it is a welcoming atmosphere. My father is kept clean, and his room does not smell. There is no smell in the whole building or any of the areas. As a man, they have a men's club, and they so-called play cards, which in dementia, they are really not, but they think they are. The gentleman in charge of the activities takes the men to go watch the baseball games, and he takes them to the boardwalk to have ice-cream. I can't tell you enough how wonderful this place is. It is a wonderful feeling, and for me to leave my dad there was fantastic. I can't say enough about this place and if anybody wanted to go there, they can call me and I'll tell you. I am very happy, I'd let everybody know. The staff should know how wonderful they are.

June 14, 2014

By caring for loved one

I am a family member of a resident. The facility is lovely and very home like. The care managers are excellent. The management staff, however is in dire need of organizational, communication and time-management skills. The nursing staff is minimal, though excellent. There is no nurse available every night, and there are only 3 care managers available in the evenings for the entire facility. The visiting doctor is excellent. They boast a designated care manager team for residents (especially important to those with dementia) to build a comfortable and comforting relationship with a specific team of care managers. My loved one has dementia, but is still high functioning. They keep changing the "team" who helps her...and that is not good. She never feels "comfortable" with "strangers" helping her shower, and other personal tasks. If the "team" were consistently made up of the same care managers, this would not be a problem. The food is good. (I still can't figure out why they use canned fruit & veggies all year round, when fresh is always available.) The menu consists of a choice of two main entrees, and a 2 alternates. The hamburgers and hot dogs are good and very popular...which tells you something about the main entrees. The apartments are lovely, and are kept fairly clean. The housekeeping is done once per week, and linens are changed once per week. However, the "cleaning" does not seem to include the window seat/sills nor the ceilings. The activities are boring after a few months...same bingo, movies, crossword puzzles. Beading and watching someone bake cookies, and at least one entertainer/wk seem to be it. Trips to local stores, shopping centers and Atlantic City are few and far between. Overall I would probably recommend Sunrise at Jackson, but with reservations regarding management and stimulating activities.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We’d like to hear more if you’d be willing to share. Please contact information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information and we’ll be in touch. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

January 31, 2014

By Nancy84477350

Sunrise of Jackson was absolutely outstanding. My mother was in a large studio because she was there on a week's trial. They provided plenty of furniture and appointments for her. The staff were very caring and thorough. The dining facilities were very nice, the menu and food were good. It was very well-run and very clean. She was there for only ten days, but from what we saw, the activities were the usual ones. I would recommend this facility to other people.

December 20, 2013

By mella1936

A great place if your loved one is independent in his/her care and needs some basic housekeeping & meals provided to them. Facility looks nice, has fresh flowers daily and a community dog & cat. Sunrise is a poorly ran facility, it lacks good management. Staff is at bare minimum. Nursing / Wellness department needs much improvement, it lacks leadership and accountability. Activities calendar looks chock full of stuff, however when reading it, it's clear there is minimal activities for the residents. The have many clubs offered, however Sunrise believes residents should run the clubs so staff is not allocated to help run/ coordinate them. DVD Movies are a main player in the calendar. Memory stimulating activities are in very short supply. Bingo is played a few times a week, with the prizes of small chocolate candy. Activities department has 2 staff members one being the director. I suggest requesting the last state inspection report from facility, in fact from any facility. I also suggest talking with other residents, they are the biggest reviewers for they live there and see so much more then anyone else can say. Unfortunately, unless Sunrise raise the bar of standards, I would not recommend this facility.

October 25, 2013

Sunrise of Jackson is located in a nice and quiet area. They have grounds outside where the residents can go out. The staff were nice, but the rooms were a bit small.

July 30, 2012

By Louisb924

This is a assisted living and retirement community combined. The community itself is not bad at all, with many seniors still active in social settings. There are parties scheduled regularly to celebrate all sorts of occasions and the crew is very helpful. This place also looks great on the outside, if you can find it. This community is kind of hidden behind a development and is very easy to miss, which is good for security reasons. There aren't too many signs that indicate where this community is, but there is a gated entrance and a buzzer/phone system which allows entry to visitors. The community is quite at night and alive during the day, truly something nice to see in a senior community. The common living areas are always clean and kept in mostly good repair, and when something is broken the maintenence seems to get on it right away. Seniors are also encouraged to have their own little gardens around their apartments, and there is also a community garden which is always full of interesting plant life.

May 30, 2012

By PerturbedinJackson

I found that the staff was a bit rude and aloof. Although I visit only once a week, I can recognize many of the staff by name, (from name badges), and have made an effort to say hello and make small conversation about who I am and who I am visiting. I have stood more than a few minutes at a station when my relative was in need of something small because a non-work, non-urgent conversation was taking place! Then I would have to finally interrupt to get what was needed. Luckily it was not so urgent of a need, but then again it certainly was an issue that should have been addressed by staff to begin with. (Dirty linen, nail clipping, etc.) On one occasion I was later than I normally visit and found my relative in bed at 5 pm! Completely changed for bed and laying there awake! my relative asked if I could get a drink and something small to eat for them. When i asked whether they had been fed dinner, no one knew! It never happened again, but I never visit on the same day or same time anymore either!

July 28, 2011

By leighbdc

My Mom was a resident at Sunrise Of Jackson for almost two years. During that time, she was well cared for, and quite happy. The Director, Robyn, and her staff went out of their way to treat everyone like family, and that included the actual family of the residents. Also, the menus were wonderful and the food delicious. They also had a full social calendar, so those who wanted and were able to participate usually were entertained. This included frequent outings outside of the residence. I highly recommend this facility to anyone who needs an Assisted Living facility in that area.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Jackson

Questions about Sunrise of Jackson

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from dementia care to the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Jackson. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

While our residents’ ages vary, they particularly enjoy our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, which includes activities like art, music, learning, community involvement, physical activity, and more. We have adjusted some of our regular programming to further promote the health and safety of our residents and team members throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have done so in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations and health authorities.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Jackson offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our dedicated activities team engages residents based on their individual preferences. Activities can include art, music, learning, community involvement, and physical activity.

What places are near Sunrise of Jackson or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sunrise of Jackson is minutes away from popular shopping destinations such as the Jackson Premium Outlets as well as many restaurant choices.

What transportation services does Sunrise of Jackson offer to assisted living residents?

We provide scheduled transportation services for residents. Please contact us to learn more.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Jackson exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We believe that quality food is an essential part of our residents’ overall well-being. Our dining program features well-balanced, homemade meals using fresh ingredients. Our highly trained, in-house chefs speak regularly with our residents to learn what menu items they would like featured in the community. From BBQ to tacos to seafood, you can expect a diverse menu with an exciting variety of cuisine.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Jackson offer to assisted living residents?

Our residents enjoy senior-friendly living spaces designed for comfort and safety, including an emergency call response system. We assess residents every month during wellness visits to determine if they will require additional safety with an individual emergency pendant.

How does Sunrise of Jackson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We provide regular updates via mail, phone, and email. Our team members also help our residents video chat with their loved ones on Skype and FaceTime. Through our electronic health record system, our team members can easily see and document information such as residents’ care delivery, medications, diagnoses, and activities of daily living, among others. As a result, when authorized family members contact our care team with questions, we are able to provide timely updates.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Sunrise’s onboarding program includes comprehensive classroom training on a range of topics, from the fundamentals of assisted living and resident care to dining and activities. Additionally, team members receive hands-on training and continuing education throughout their careers. This training includes areas such as memory care, activities of daily living, infection control, falls, privacy, and resident rights.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Jackson offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Our Life Enrichment Managers get to know each resident’s unique preferences, hobbies, and life experiences to help them experience meaning and purpose each day. Residents engage by participating in a variety of programming, such as art projects, crafts, puzzles, and other creative and cognitive activities. By combining current research on social engagement and brain health, and building upon our Sunrise Live With Purpose™ programming, we offer memory support programs that focus on strengthening and maintaining our residents’ cognitive abilities. These programs leverage things like physical fitness, occupation-based activities, and daily journals to help residents find meaning and purpose every day.

What techniques does Sunrise of Jackson use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We are committed to creating a familiar, pleasant, and dignified dining experience for our memory care residents. Our dining rooms are warm and inviting with fresh flowers, linens, and soft music. Fiestaware china, finger foods, and contrasting table linens are among the tools that promote independence. Residents are presented choices visually, allowed time to make their selection, and given their chosen item quickly after the selection has been made.

How does Sunrise of Jackson keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Photos of Sunrise of Jackson