18 Assisted Living Facilities near Holmdel, NJ
Also serving communities of Keansburg.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Holmdel area, with 2 in Holmdel and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Holmdel is $9,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Matawan with an average starting cost of $5,840.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Holmdel. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Holmdel 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Matawan with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Holmdel, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Holmdel, NJ
16 Assisted Living Facilities near Holmdel, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Holmdel
Holmdel, New Jersey, is located just inland from the Jersey Shore. The town is known for its connection to Bell Labs, a leading-edge scientific research center noted for making important discoveries about the "Big Bang Theory." Out of the population of nearly 17,000, over 18 percent are seniors over 64. They can select from eight assisted living facilities in the town proper — all licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health. To be designated as an assisted living type of facility, staff must be on hand 24 hours a day and the campus must be designed to allow aging in place.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Holmdel
- Four-season weather in Holmdel, New Jersey, includes warm, humid summers and cold, snowy winters. Average high temperatures in July are 85 degrees while January lows average around 24.
- The cost of living in Holmdel is 178 as compared to the U.S. average of 100. Housing costs are more than three times the national average. Grocery costs and health care costs are fairly consistent with the national average.
- Both property crime and violent crime rates in Holmdel are lower than the national average. Violent crime rates are less than half while property crimes are about a third less than the average.
- Holmdel residents have access to the New Jersey Transit Authority which provides both rail lines and buses. Those 62 and older, or with a qualifying disability, are eligible for reduced fares. Paratransit services are available for those who qualify. Within the town itself, Ezride is a non-profit company providing rides for seniors and the disabled.
- The Holmdel area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hackensack Meridian Health Bayshore Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Holmdel has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Holmdel Senior Comunity Center, an organization that offers fitness classes such as kickboxing and yoga, dances, social events and programs for education and enrichment.
Paying for Assisted Living in Holmdel
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Holmdel start around $9,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Holmdel and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Holmdel
Seniors in Holmdel, New Jersey, may receive Medicaid waivers as part of the federal government's Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver. There are stipulations to qualify for 2017 Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports program. This is designed to offset costs of assisted living. There are no enrollment caps in New Jersey, meaning that all those who are eligible to receive services will receive them.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Holmdel
Holmdel and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Holmdel, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Holmdel
Holmdel-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Holmdel
Review of MERIDIAN WILLOWS ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY
The Willows was very nice. I liked it, and my mother liked it. It had a lot of positives. It was sort of a Victorian home setup, architecturally, where you walk in, and it had a big covered porch. ... Read more
Review of MERIDIAN WILLOWS ASSISTED LIVING COMMUNITY
My grandmother was a resident of The Willows for a few years. The facility was very clean. It was painted to look almost Romanesque inside, and there were many doors around the premises leading to ... Read more